Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View I am going to hell,LOL!
5 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 5:06PM #1
natrlvr2

I just got an e-mail the other day. Some guy from this website said he was going to pray for me so I did not go to hell because I am spiritual. That is so ridiculous.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2009 - 7:35AM #2
Maya3

Because you are spiritual???

Oh MAN we can't have THAT!

Maya

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 11:14PM #3
Heimdallsman

Hey, I'll meet you there.  Like Nightbreaker said, believing in hell is akin to worshipping hell, and damnit all, that's my gig!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2009 - 12:57AM #4
mountain_man

Hell would be a heaven full of christians.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2009 - 8:46AM #5
rangerken

I expect to spend some time in Hell in the place reserved for professional soldiers who liked it (so I'll at least be with friends), maybe moving up to Purgatory in a few centuries where I hope to get a job at gate security... re: heaven, nope... doubt I'll qualify...

And any heaven run by any religious fundamentalists of any religion would NOT be my idea of 'heaven' at all... and remember, I AM a 'believer'!

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2009 - 8:08PM #6
runegurl

so, was the prayer going to be for you to get OUT of hell? or for you to burn more thoroughly to satisfy the onlooking christians? 

i'm always curious when someone says stuff like that.

rune

p.s.--if there is a hell akin to what the fundamentalists tell us, i will no doubt see you there, and we will be in REALLY good company! lol

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 6:07PM #7
moyzo1

I dont know about you but I would rather be a free man in hell, than a slave of a tyrant god in heaven.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 8:57PM #8
BillWitt

Apr 17, 2009 -- 8:46AM, rangerken wrote:

I expect to spend some time in Hell in the place reserved for professional soldiers who liked it (so I'll at least be with friends),

Of course you should expect to spend time in Hell.  Everybody does.  This is the afterlife (pagan) everyone goes to which is ruled over by the goddess Hell (or Hel, or Hela),  After you get to Hell, goddess Hell, will sent you to various parts of Hell depending upon how you have spent your life.  Many professional soldiers go to Valhalla, a place of wine, women, and song.  Sounds great. 

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - -Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 25, 2009 - 4:25PM #9
dsfin

Hard to understand why any Guy would want to go to the Christian Heaven where there will be no sex.

Jesus said everyone would be like Angels and not need sex.

That is what my first wife said.

I'm picking the Muslim heaven with 72 virgins.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 27, 2009 - 4:11PM #10
itty

ROFL...what does your wife think of the new plan dsfin?  I wish I could be a fly on the wall for that one. SurprisedTongue out.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook