Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Pause Switch to Standard View I am going to hell,LOL!
Show More
Flag natrlvr2 March 23, 2009 5:06 PM EDT

I just got an e-mail the other day. Some guy from this website said he was going to pray for me so I did not go to hell because I am spiritual. That is so ridiculous.

Flag Maya3 March 24, 2009 7:35 AM EDT

Because you are spiritual???

Oh MAN we can't have THAT!

Maya

Flag Heimdallsman April 3, 2009 11:14 PM EDT

Hey, I'll meet you there.  Like Nightbreaker said, believing in hell is akin to worshipping hell, and damnit all, that's my gig!

Flag mountain_man April 4, 2009 12:57 AM EDT

Hell would be a heaven full of christians.

Flag rangerken April 17, 2009 8:46 AM EDT

I expect to spend some time in Hell in the place reserved for professional soldiers who liked it (so I'll at least be with friends), maybe moving up to Purgatory in a few centuries where I hope to get a job at gate security... re: heaven, nope... doubt I'll qualify...

And any heaven run by any religious fundamentalists of any religion would NOT be my idea of 'heaven' at all... and remember, I AM a 'believer'!

Ken

Flag runegurl April 30, 2009 8:08 PM EDT

so, was the prayer going to be for you to get OUT of hell? or for you to burn more thoroughly to satisfy the onlooking christians? 

i'm always curious when someone says stuff like that.

rune

p.s.--if there is a hell akin to what the fundamentalists tell us, i will no doubt see you there, and we will be in REALLY good company! lol

Flag moyzo1 May 13, 2009 6:07 PM EDT

I dont know about you but I would rather be a free man in hell, than a slave of a tyrant god in heaven.

Flag BillWitt May 13, 2009 8:57 PM EDT

Apr 17, 2009 -- 8:46AM, rangerken wrote:

I expect to spend some time in Hell in the place reserved for professional soldiers who liked it (so I'll at least be with friends),

Of course you should expect to spend time in Hell.  Everybody does.  This is the afterlife (pagan) everyone goes to which is ruled over by the goddess Hell (or Hel, or Hela),  After you get to Hell, goddess Hell, will sent you to various parts of Hell depending upon how you have spent your life.  Many professional soldiers go to Valhalla, a place of wine, women, and song.  Sounds great. 

Flag dsfin May 25, 2009 4:25 PM EDT

Hard to understand why any Guy would want to go to the Christian Heaven where there will be no sex.

Jesus said everyone would be like Angels and not need sex.

That is what my first wife said.

I'm picking the Muslim heaven with 72 virgins.

Flag itty May 27, 2009 4:11 PM EDT

ROFL...what does your wife think of the new plan dsfin?  I wish I could be a fly on the wall for that one. SurprisedTongue out.

Flag Ashe May 29, 2009 4:32 PM EDT

May 25, 2009 -- 4:25PM, dsfin wrote:

Hard to understand why any Guy would want to go to the Christian Heaven where there will be no sex.

Jesus said everyone would be like Angels and not need sex.

That is what my first wife said.

I'm picking the Muslim heaven with 72 virgins.

Yeah who wouldn't choose one brief moment of pleasure over an eternity of it  Undecided

Flag Ashe May 29, 2009 4:34 PM EDT

Mar 23, 2009 -- 5:06PM, natrlvr2 wrote:

I just got an e-mail the other day. Some guy from this website said he was going to pray for me so I did not go to hell because I am spiritual. That is so ridiculous.

You aren't being intolerant of his religious views are you?

Flag TPaine June 1, 2009 1:47 AM EDT

May 29, 2009 -- 4:34PM, Ashe wrote:

According to the following quote of Thomas Paine there's not much difference between tolerance and intolerance.

"Toleration is not the opposite of intolerance but the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms: the one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, the other of granting it." -- Thomas Paine, The Rights of Man

If Paine was right this thread is just spliting hairs.

Flag itty June 10, 2009 11:30 AM EDT

Hi T. Glad to see you're still here. I don't get here so often these days. The forums have become a ghost town. It saddens me.

Well, you know me, I can't resist.

To paraphrase Forrest Gump I think tolerance is as tolerance does. I don't have to like, believe in or agree with any peson's religious point of view. I can and do disagree with various POVs. What I do think is we all have our own ways to relate to the Divine. As long as it doens't infringe on my views int in t to forcehe respece it forces me into someone else's POV or tries to limit me in my expression of my views I have no problem. I can, will and do critique the religious POVs I find here and elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned that is tolerance.

I hope I see you again, T. I miss you.

Flag mainecaptain June 10, 2009 3:15 PM EDT

May 29, 2009 -- 4:34PM, Ashe wrote:

It is not intolerance, since the person actually emailed this person to say they would pray for them, by doing so they were entering someone else's space. Prayers are energy, I prefer to only have benevolent energy aimed at me. Energy aimed at me to save me from hell is likely not all that benevolent, since 1) it is unwanted, And 2) it is likely intended to change me by making me something I do not believe in.

Well meaning or not, it is an insult, because it is saying you (generic you)  are right and the other person is wrong in their own spirituality. Which is no one else's business.

Flag Serenity1552 June 14, 2009 7:57 PM EDT

I'll be joining you there, along with majority, of the human race

Flag gorm-sionnach June 14, 2009 9:37 PM EDT

Jun 14, 2009 -- 7:57PM, Serenity1552 wrote:

Why is that?

Flag mainecaptain June 15, 2009 9:55 PM EDT

Jun 14, 2009 -- 9:37PM, gorm-sionnach wrote:

Jun 14, 2009 -- 7:57PM, Serenity1552 wrote:

Why is that?

I second that, WHy?????

I know, I am not headed for any hell, Christian or otherwise

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken June 16, 2009 11:40 AM EDT

What I want to know is why are ya'll slandering Hel? 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(being)

Flag mainecaptain June 16, 2009 9:49 PM EDT

I stand corrected ALL Wink

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken June 17, 2009 11:27 AM EDT

Wink

Flag itty June 18, 2009 10:43 AM EDT

itty trots in then checks her flame retardent underwear...

I like Hell, too, All. She is a very good God.

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken June 18, 2009 11:11 AM EDT

Jun 18, 2009 -- 10:43AM, itty wrote:

itty trots in then checks her flame retardent underwear...

I like Hell, too, All. She is a very good God.

Caring for all those dead people not chosen by other gods, She's like the mother Theresa of deities.  I don't know how you can find fault with her.  Especially given what she has to work with.

all

Flag Chicagoheathen June 23, 2009 5:12 PM EDT

Why go all the way to Hell when the supermarket on the morning of the Superbowl is much worse??

Flag allthegoodnamesweretaken June 23, 2009 5:40 PM EDT

Jun 23, 2009 -- 5:12PM, Chicagoheathen wrote:

Why go all the way to Hell when the supermarket on the morning of the Superbowl is much worse??

Or a walmart on a......  well, anyday!

Flag Nike August 19, 2009 12:08 PM EDT

Lol. I've looked at my options, and I've decided that if Heaven, Hell, and of course God are the same in reality as portrayed in the Bible, I would rather go to hell than spend eternity pretending to agree with him.

Flag Heretic_for_Christ August 23, 2009 12:39 AM EDT

Belief in hell is belief in a monster-god. It is a blasphemous, maltheistic notion. We can smile or sneer at Bible-besotted Christians ranting on about hellfire, but this vile nonsense has serious implications. Throughout history, belief in hell has served to justify Christian atrocities against non-Christians--"After all," the self-justification went, "God has much worse things in store for the un-saved when they arrive in hell." Belief in hell contributes strongly to the intrinsic divisiveness of doctrinal religion--for the concept is supposed to be so terrifying that only the most degenerate and evil individuals would reject the offer of salvation, and that belief leads inevitably to the conclusion that non-Christians are evil.

I am NOT saying that all or most Christians think this way--but even if they disagree with it, most Christians give assent-by-silence to this view spoken by the fundamentalist-fanatics among them.

I think it is nothing less than child abuse to indoctrinate innocent children with this disgusting blasphemy.

Flag mainecaptain August 24, 2009 12:32 PM EDT

Heretic  you are right

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook