5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2009 - 6:11AM #1
Arrogathor
A month or so ago the History Channel did apocalypse week.  The end of the world is always a ratings winner, as shown by the numerous disaster movies and the popularity of the book of Revelations.

2012 is the date when the Mayan calendar ends, and the show was a rather poorly put together collection of bits and pieces trying to point to it as the end of the world.  I found the show irritating to my logical faculty.  Let me explain why.

1) Disjointed unconnected ideas put side by side.  They were discussing an astrological phenomenon, a change in the visual relationship between the sun and the galactic center, and right alongside of it they put gamma ray bursts by supernovas or other major astronomical phenomenon.  There is no logical or causal relationship between the two.

2) Identifying a major astrological event with major world events.  This is irritating because I actually know a little about astrology.  I have even read the Bible once or twice.  Anyone who speaks english should see the logical flaw.

I am not advocating astrology, but still, it does not even make sense if you believe in the Bible or Astrology.

Let us take Jesus as an example.  Major astrological event, the star visible at his birth.  Major events happening, 28 years later when he was a mature young man.  He did not begin his ministry until he grew up.

Astrologers will tell you 'the stars impel, they do not compel'.  Astrological events have psychological not physical impacts.  You only get a physical impact if the event makes you careless or accident prone or something.

Their major effect is felt when the children conceived or born when that event happened grow up.  Western astrology calculates horoscopes based on birthdates, vedic astrology, if I recall correctly, it has been years since I read on this stuff, calculate horoscopes based on the date of conception.

So if there is anything to astrology the major effects of the event will be felt in 2040, 28 years after 2012, when the children born or conceived under that 'star' become active in politics and public affairs.

So, if you believe in that kind of thing you should mark the last two or three days in December 2012 as a time to get busy with your partner to make a baby who will share that once every 34 thousand or 24 thousand or something years astrological influence.

I found this particular program irritating because it made no sense at all, even if you believe in astrology.

Just a comment, just talking.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2009 - 6:11AM #2
Arrogathor
A month or so ago the History Channel did apocalypse week.  The end of the world is always a ratings winner, as shown by the numerous disaster movies and the popularity of the book of Revelations.

2012 is the date when the Mayan calendar ends, and the show was a rather poorly put together collection of bits and pieces trying to point to it as the end of the world.  I found the show irritating to my logical faculty.  Let me explain why.

1) Disjointed unconnected ideas put side by side.  They were discussing an astrological phenomenon, a change in the visual relationship between the sun and the galactic center, and right alongside of it they put gamma ray bursts by supernovas or other major astronomical phenomenon.  There is no logical or causal relationship between the two.

2) Identifying a major astrological event with major world events.  This is irritating because I actually know a little about astrology.  I have even read the Bible once or twice.  Anyone who speaks english should see the logical flaw.

I am not advocating astrology, but still, it does not even make sense if you believe in the Bible or Astrology.

Let us take Jesus as an example.  Major astrological event, the star visible at his birth.  Major events happening, 28 years later when he was a mature young man.  He did not begin his ministry until he grew up.

Astrologers will tell you 'the stars impel, they do not compel'.  Astrological events have psychological not physical impacts.  You only get a physical impact if the event makes you careless or accident prone or something.

Their major effect is felt when the children conceived or born when that event happened grow up.  Western astrology calculates horoscopes based on birthdates, vedic astrology, if I recall correctly, it has been years since I read on this stuff, calculate horoscopes based on the date of conception.

So if there is anything to astrology the major effects of the event will be felt in 2040, 28 years after 2012, when the children born or conceived under that 'star' become active in politics and public affairs.

So, if you believe in that kind of thing you should mark the last two or three days in December 2012 as a time to get busy with your partner to make a baby who will share that once every 34 thousand or 24 thousand or something years astrological influence.

I found this particular program irritating because it made no sense at all, even if you believe in astrology.

Just a comment, just talking.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook