Page 1 of 52  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 52 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: Baal worship, Where did it come from ?
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2008 - 12:10PM #1
NjoyAADAirbrush
I know this is controversial, and is based on my opinion, with NO HATE towards anyone, only a culmination of things I have researched, as History. We know as in History, that the Holacaust existed in Germany, and that many where murdered, yet is it a hate crime against German people, to speak of it ? We know that in History Blacks where slaves to Whites, but does it make it a hate crime to speak or post of it ? The anwer is no, by stifling people, we stifle the grey matter, and by only speaking sweet flowery things we become ignorant and less
salty in the world !

Freedom of speech is a blessing, and to discuss things that pertain to Historical events, or Archaeological finds is a good thing , in order to learn about our world !

To my honest opinion, I believe that Baal worship came from Sumeria, by way of Sargon the Magnificent.
Sumeria the precursor to Babylon, the most mentioned , only second to Jerusalem / Israel in the Bible, and for good reason.....

Sar=King or Ruler

Gon=Cain

Now Cain was sent to the land of Nod , which is east of Eden, in that Cain became Sargon of Akkadia and dwelt there for a time till a great drought ravished the area; thereafter Cain / Sargon moved into the Mesopotamia, where "Bel" AKA Baal became one of it's gods.

This being the birth place of sunworship or "Baal worship", with it's worship of idols of stone and wood , cannibalism, human sacrifice.

Cannibal=Cain's Baal , Cain being the high Priest to his god "Bel".This being the beginning of the heinious rital of human sacrifice, which is highly possible that Abel became the first one, in the garden of Eden.

As St. John says that Cain was of that "wicked one", referring to the "devil" in the epistles of John 3:12, Sargon is referred to by the Babylonian Priests as being the son or protege of the Devil. One of the greatest indications to identifiy Cain with Sargon , who is described in different inscriptions as " the son of Bel the just", " the son of Itti-Bel' and "the son of Dati-Enlil, while Sargon's or King Cain's country is called the " realm of Enlil" or "Bel AKA Baal", the Devil.

In the "Legend of Sargon" he calls his adopted father "Akki" which is another name for the "Devil", for it is closely connected with the name of "Nakash" the Hebrew word for "Serpent"....with "Ahi" , the water god and serpent....with Ahri-man, who in Persian religion is the "source of all evil", the Devil.....and with "Agni" , the Indian god of Fire......with the Egyptian "Naka" the serpent....with "Naga, the Indian serpent-god....with the "Maori demiurgi Tiki" and with "Agu and "Acu, another name for the Babylonian moon-god, otherwise called "Sin".. The moon-god "Sin" is evidently "Bel or Enlil" under another name, for in later times the ORIGINAL trio "gods" "Anu, Ea and Bel" became
"Shamash for Anu, Adam"....."Istar for Ea, Eve"....."Sin for Bel, the Devil".

Babylon the great is fallen....or will fall as prophesied in Revelation 18:2, but what is Babylon the great of these endtimes, does "Baal worship" still exist ?

In Christ,
Nancy
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2008 - 12:10PM #2
NjoyAADAirbrush
I know this is controversial, and is based on my opinion, with NO HATE towards anyone, only a culmination of things I have researched, as History. We know as in History, that the Holacaust existed in Germany, and that many where murdered, yet is it a hate crime against German people, to speak of it ? We know that in History Blacks where slaves to Whites, but does it make it a hate crime to speak or post of it ? The anwer is no, by stifling people, we stifle the grey matter, and by only speaking sweet flowery things we become ignorant and less
salty in the world !

Freedom of speech is a blessing, and to discuss things that pertain to Historical events, or Archaeological finds is a good thing , in order to learn about our world !

To my honest opinion, I believe that Baal worship came from Sumeria, by way of Sargon the Magnificent.
Sumeria the precursor to Babylon, the most mentioned , only second to Jerusalem / Israel in the Bible, and for good reason.....

Sar=King or Ruler

Gon=Cain

Now Cain was sent to the land of Nod , which is east of Eden, in that Cain became Sargon of Akkadia and dwelt there for a time till a great drought ravished the area; thereafter Cain / Sargon moved into the Mesopotamia, where "Bel" AKA Baal became one of it's gods.

This being the birth place of sunworship or "Baal worship", with it's worship of idols of stone and wood , cannibalism, human sacrifice.

Cannibal=Cain's Baal , Cain being the high Priest to his god "Bel".This being the beginning of the heinious rital of human sacrifice, which is highly possible that Abel became the first one, in the garden of Eden.

As St. John says that Cain was of that "wicked one", referring to the "devil" in the epistles of John 3:12, Sargon is referred to by the Babylonian Priests as being the son or protege of the Devil. One of the greatest indications to identifiy Cain with Sargon , who is described in different inscriptions as " the son of Bel the just", " the son of Itti-Bel' and "the son of Dati-Enlil, while Sargon's or King Cain's country is called the " realm of Enlil" or "Bel AKA Baal", the Devil.

In the "Legend of Sargon" he calls his adopted father "Akki" which is another name for the "Devil", for it is closely connected with the name of "Nakash" the Hebrew word for "Serpent"....with "Ahi" , the water god and serpent....with Ahri-man, who in Persian religion is the "source of all evil", the Devil.....and with "Agni" , the Indian god of Fire......with the Egyptian "Naka" the serpent....with "Naga, the Indian serpent-god....with the "Maori demiurgi Tiki" and with "Agu and "Acu, another name for the Babylonian moon-god, otherwise called "Sin".. The moon-god "Sin" is evidently "Bel or Enlil" under another name, for in later times the ORIGINAL trio "gods" "Anu, Ea and Bel" became

Babylon the great is fallen....or will fall as prophesied in Revelation 18:2, but what is Babylon the great of these endtimes, does "Baal worship" still exist ?

In Christ,
Nancy
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2008 - 9:21PM #3
LeahOne
As we used to say in the SF fandom community - that 'research' is pure bolognium!

The first TRUTH here is that people's posts -even my own! - sometimes violate the ROC , and that if that violoation is noticed a post may be removed.  My own personal experience has been that staff members I've dealt with are willing to dfiscuss such situations and want to clarify matters for individuals who have had posts removed. 

"We know as in History, that the Holacaust existed in Germany, and that many where murdered, yet is it a hate crime against German people, to speak of it ? We know that in History Blacks where slaves to Whites, but does it make it a hate crime to speak or post of it ? "

Please, Nancy - stop being so disingenuous and purveying terminological inexactitudes:  it is not always what one says but the attitude in which a topic is dicussed.  As those two very topics have been discussed right here - they themselves are obviously not a problem.  IYour complaints about 'censorship' and your insinuations that staff here don't want people to think/are involved ins some conspiracy are growing rather tiresome.  Oh, and I do think such insinuations only detract even further from a person's credibility.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2008 - 9:29PM #4
Sacrificialgoddess

NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

salty in the world !

Sar=King or Ruler

Gon=Cain

In Christ,
Nancy

Even the most basic search of the etymology of the word "cannibal"  shows that the origins stem from the belief that the Caribs of the West Indies ate human flesh. 

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Cannibal

Is there the remotest possiblity you could generate any information that we could trust, or do you insist on pulling everything out of your ass?  :rolleyes:

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2008 - 10:24PM #5
LeahOne
"Ba-al" and "Bl' may indeed be related.  But most of the rest is just a mish-mosh of different languages with no reasonable timeline...

http://www.biblestudysite.com/sargon%20ebook.htm

<-  Link I think Nancy forgot to credit for the book she's paraphrasing so extensively.

Please note this book was evidently originally published in 1927 - that's an extremely long time ago in archaeological and linguisitic research!  Archaweology in particular was in its infancy -  OK, maybe 'toddlerhood'! - and had not yet developed most of teh dating tehnologies available to scientists today.  Most excavations were still of the 'tomb, temple and tablet' cariety of organized sponsored looting, rather than serious anthropological studies.

Now, Nancy - you claim that:   "Sar=King or Ruler   Gon=Cain"  Which two languages are you talking about?  It's not consistent.   Which language is the first word of each supposed 'pair' in, and which the second?

In order to suggest that all those dissimilar god-names are 'connected' , a responsible scholar would demonstrate the connection from one name to the next *using the original languages in every case*.   You haven't even made an attempt to do so - and I'm certainly not going to bother, lol!  Not when I see you've dragged even the Maori into your Fertile Crescent stew!   

That all the ramblings about ancient god-names are nearly guaranteed to be pure fantasy and without even a faint whiff of any actual scholarship, is demonstrated by this little bit of fluff I've culled from the mass/mess:

"Istar for Ea, Eve" 

What's wrong with this picture?  First of all, it's 'IsHtar", pronounced 'EESH-tar" .  I don't really know about 'Ea', so let's be kind and assume that's correct as the name of some ME goddess.  Now the big problem:  'Eve' is the English.  it so! doesn't belong on the list.  So, what's the Hebrew for 'Eve'?  "CHava" - with that guttural 'ch' sound like in German 'Bach'. 

Oh, and before some brilliant soul decides that 'Istar' sounds a lot like another woman from the Hebrew Bible - 'Esther' in the Hebrew is 'Hadassah'  (it means the myrtle plant).....

Wait, there's MORE!  I justy saw this other bit of idiocy:   "Shamash for Anu, Adam" 

'Shamash' is actually an awful lot like a real Hebrew word:  'shemesh'.  It means 'sun' (yes, Sol, big light in the daytime sky, that 'Sun')  Adam?  His is the one name in all this mess that I think hasn't changed - it was always 'ah-DAHM'  (=earth/dirt.  Or RED:  'dahm' means 'blood')   

GOD knows I do not pretend to be any great scholar - I'm just a Jewish homemaker who tries to learn something new each day.   The bunch of nonsense I've dissected above doesn't touch me, my people, or my faith. I've got nothing 'personal' going on here - I just happen to know more than our intrepid 'teacher' .

What IS 'personal' for me, is the appalling lack of anything resembling scientific research in all that 'stuff'.  I am offended, yes - but NOT on religious grounds.   This 'stuff' has all the logic and consistency fo the3 most puerile of 'conspiracy' theories.

Speaking fo which, I read a good one today.  It seems than while Natan Scharansky was in jail in the USSR, one of his cell-mates was a communist party official who'd done something or other.  Anyway, he told Scharansky that 'The Zionists have a secret plot to have their women marry Communist officals and subvert the Party"....And the name of this secret organization?

"Hadassah" he whispered....

That was in Pres. Nancy Falchuk's letter in this month's copy of Hadassah Magazine : ))  (I'm a Life Member, yes!)

Oh, wait - there's still more!

http://www.biblestudysite.com/  <-The Home Page of this 'nondenominational' bible study group

http://www.biblestudysite.com/#AntiSemitism  <-  You'll love this 'disclaimer'!   I've only ever seen such disclaimers on sites full of anti-semitism/Jew-killing hatred
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2008 - 10:30PM #6
LeahOne
Darnital!  I knew there was 'stuff' I'd forgotten in that post!!!!

Of course when I got to the 'home page' and them saw their little 'disclaimer' - well, I did get a bit side-tracked there.  Sorry  : ((  I hate a partial job....all I can plead is, I had the surgery recently and the nausea was getting too bad jsut reading that swill....
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2008 - 10:39PM #7
Wmdkitty

NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

salty in the world !

Sar=King or Ruler

Gon=Cain

In Christ,
Nancy

Please take your medications.

"The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal", Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment." -- George Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2008 - 11:57PM #8
Heimdallsman
[QUOTE=LeahOne;870316]quote[/QUOTE]

Great post, a lot of thought went into it, it really made me think.  I hope you don't mind if I add some things:
1.Ea is indeed a god in Mesopotamian mythology, a water god in fact (courtesy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enki)
2.Baal means "lord" or "master" and can (quite legitimently, by your assertions) be applied to your god. (translation courtesy of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal)
3.The contact address for the website is watchtowerbs.  Anyone see anything in that?

Sorry about cutting you post short.  I must reiterate, however, Leah's requests for the etymylogical basis for your Sargon assertions.

Hex, love the quote.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2008 - 12:29AM #9
LeahOne
Mike, thanks for finding 'Ea' for me - so 'Ea' is enki?  and male? 
If so, OOOOOOPS! again!  Of course the biggest fly in that 'Cain' brew is this:  Sargon the Magnificent's dates are ca700BCE:  if he is 'Cain', then the timeline is all ferblunged......

'baal' also appears in two Hebrew words which have made it into Yiddish:

"Balagoola"  from 'ba'al ha-gola' , 'master of the road'

and  'balabatishe'  the 'ishe' is like '-ness'  so it's more like 'bala'bat'   

A 'balagoola' is a truck driver, a 'teamster' , and 'balabatishe' is doing things like a good Jewish mama  : )) 
Well, not exactly:  it's 'ba'ala - bayit'  , the 'mistress of the house'  ('Bayit' is another form of 'beit' aka 'beth' in mistransliteration, meaning 'house')
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2008 - 12:57AM #10
Sakhaiva
Isn't Ba'al data found in Ugaritic texts? If this was already mentioned and I missed it, sorry.  If not, I'm sure wiki has something....

Yup http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugarit

Really interesting stuff!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 52  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 52 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook