Page 5 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: DPP&C Coffee Shop
5 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2008 - 11:07AM #41
itty
I found that IP. Thank you!

I don't do heat well either. I had heat exhaustion when I was stationed in Arizona. I know I am prone to it.

When I did training at Ft. Sam Houston the cadre in my company asked us if we'd had heat exhaustion or heat stroke. I answered yes. What it got me was another canteen and the order to drink one canteen every hour. When we went out into the field for training exercises those of us with those extra canteens never had a problem. Many people who hadn't had heat problems  got them.

I was dong medical training. It was the Basic Non-Commissioned Officer's Course. We  practiced giving IV's among other things. While we were in the field there was no lack of volunteers to get stuck. We used a saline solution to practice with. Easy way to get a drink!

Gilly I do appreciate having to use a spring to get water from. I didn't do it in the winter but our vacation place in Washington didn't have running water for a long time. We had to get the jugs and go a mile up the road to a spring. It took forever to get the jugs filled. One morning my brother and I went and got water. The last trip we made from the spring to the car, well, we both got a shock. My brother looked up, froze and shoved me behind him. I was about to whack him on his head when I looked up. We were both staring a one VERY BIG cougar. He sort of pushed me backwards and I got the hint. I started walking. We kept our eyes on the cat until we were both in the car. Then we locked all the doors. (Silly yes but we did it, :) ). I put it in gear and floored it!  I sprayed gravel for a half a mile! Scared us both half to death.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2008 - 8:09AM #42
itty

Friend! wrote:

I'm coming over. Just one can't hurt the healthy lifestyle much, eh? My wife is bringing the chocolates for smores.

Nope. One won't hurt you. :) Smores? Did you say smores?  itty finds a spot for Friend and his wife to sit. I have the marshmallows.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2008 - 1:28PM #43
ItsAllALie

innerpoint wrote:

I acutally prefer colder weather to hot. Even if the power were to go out, I can always find a way to warm up - by putting on more clothes, building a fire, or doing something active. When I get hot, the only thing that helps is an air-conditioner. Once you're naked, you're naked. There's nothing else to take off to get cooler!

I ended up in one heck of a place for that, didn't I? I bounced around a lot growing up. Most of my time was spent in Germany with side-trips to places like North Dakota, Missouri, Kentucky... very few that saw hot and humid weather. Then - BANG!!! Right slap dab in the middle of Louisiana.

Well from what I understand, y'all over there in LA are getting your wish right now,,,,,,,,,,SNOW in New Orleans????????  Holly

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2008 - 1:29PM #44
ItsAllALie
OK,,,I've got the graham crackers,,,,,,,and if you've never had peanutbutter on smores, you are truly missing a bit of heaven :)  Lugging a big jar of peanut butter :)

Hi Friend!!!!

Holly
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2008 - 3:29PM #45
Innerpoint
[QUOTE=Friend!;957580]Hi Holly.  Someone brought in a giant chocolate chip "cookie" about a foot in diameter and covered in caramel syrup.  (Something they bought as a charity fundraiser).  So far am successfully resisting temtpation. 

Chocolate and peanut butter smores... Excellent![/QUOTE]Chocolate chip cookie with caramel syrup?  Oh!!  That would so be history very shortly!  (Or, at least, a good sized chunk of it)

Uhhh... is it going up for bidding?  Can we get it on Ebay?  I've just had lunch but that sure sounds good.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2008 - 3:31PM #46
Innerpoint
[QUOTE=Friend!;952728]I'm coming over.  Just one can't hurt the healthy lifestyle much, eh?  My wife is bringing the chocolates for smores.[/QUOTE]Friend!, you'd always be welcomed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2008 - 3:40PM #47
itty
I'm drooling. I haven't had lunch. I think I am going to go get it. Lunch....I'd grab a bite of the decadent cookie too.

We got ice and snow last night. Not much snow but enough ice to make it hard to move around outdoors. So I am not going out doors.

I am going to sit here and enjoy the company of my Friend!s. I do fight with you Friend! But well I fight with my real life family and friends too. You are an intersting person. Maybe if we spend some time hanging out here we'll get to know each other better.

Shall we agree to joust mightily out there on the boards and then repare here to the cafe and enjoy each other's company? I'd like that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2008 - 3:44PM #48
Innerpoint
[QUOTE=itty;958402]I'm drooling. I haven't had lunch. I think I am going to go get it. Lunch....I'd grab a bite of the decedant cookie too.

We got ice and snow last night. Not much snow but enough ice to make it hard to move around outdoors. So I am not going out doors. I am going to sit here and enjoy the company of my Friend!s. I do fight with you Friend! But well I fight with my real life family and friends too.

Shall we agree to joust mightily and then repare here to the cafe and enjoy each other's company? I'd like that.[/QUOTE]LOL!!  Cold weather and ice?  Shoot, that's over for a while, here.  71 degrees yesterday, high 60s to low 70s today... air-conditioning turned on last night to cool the house a bit...

A friend of mine once got aggravated with a cold snap here.  She told her co-workers that she was going south for the winter to find some warm weather.  Taking her seriously, they asked her when she was returning.  Her reply was, "Oh, I'll only be gone over the weekend."

itty, you stay out of that cookie.  I got first drool on it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2008 - 4:53PM #49
ItsAllALie

Friend! wrote:

Hi Holly. Someone brought in a giant chocolate chip "cookie" about a foot in diameter and covered in caramel syrup. (Something they bought as a charity fundraiser). So far am successfully resisting temtpation.

Chocolate and peanut butter smores... Excellent!

You, My Friend, are a better person than I,,,,for that cookie would be GONE by now :) Sigh,,,,,,so much for the weight loss goal this week,,,Holly

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2008 - 3:29PM #50
Innerpoint
[QUOTE=Friend!;957580]Hi Holly.  Someone brought in a giant chocolate chip "cookie" about a foot in diameter and covered in caramel syrup.  (Something they bought as a charity fundraiser).  So far am successfully resisting temtpation. 

Chocolate and peanut butter smores... Excellent![/QUOTE]Chocolate chip cookie with caramel syrup?  Oh!!  That would so be history very shortly!  (Or, at least, a good sized chunk of it)

Uhhh... is it going up for bidding?  Can we get it on Ebay?  I've just had lunch but that sure sounds good.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook