Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What's the best way to spread the love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to people ?
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 1:18PM #1
Ilovethelord
What's the best way to spread the love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to people ? I believe we are in the end times and I love all of you but I want everybody to know the gospel in a true way so they can decide without members of their previous faith trying to decieve them into believing that the New Testament is false. I support Jews-for-Jesus and other outreach ministries to those who need to hear what I believe and I also support the rights and safety of Messianic Jewish Individuals living in Israel, Gracias-Juan.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 1:23PM #2
allthegoodnamesweretaken
By your actions.

There is nothing you can say to convince me or anyone else.  You only make your situation worse.  The negativity you see towards evangelical Christians today occurs because they do not seem to recognize that people of other faiths are just as strong, if not stronger in them than they are in theirs. 

Be a kind compassionate person who does not denigrate people of other faiths and at least you will be respected as a person. 

all
Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 1:47PM #3
weirdfaery

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

By your actions.

There is nothing you can say to convince me or anyone else.  You only make your situation worse.  The negativity you see towards evangelical Christians today occurs because they do not seem to recognize that people of other faiths are just as strong, if not stronger in them than they are in theirs. 

Be a kind compassionate person who does not denigrate people of other faiths and at least you will be respected as a person. 

all

Ditto what the bear said.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 2:01PM #4
Chiyo
[QUOTE]
Always preach the Gospel, but use words only when necessary. - St. Francis Assisi

"Actions speak louder than words" - Anonymous

"You will know them by their fruit" - Jesus
[/QUOTE]

Quite frankly, no one really cares what you have to say, we've heard it all before. But people are always watching to see what you do.

The greatest monument to Christianity, and one that has always impressed me is; St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, where all children with cancer are treated - regardless of the parents' ability to pay or not.

There was a day, too, when there were all kinds of Catholic or Christian; homes-for-unwed-mothers, homeless shelters, soup-kitchens, orphanages. But those have been closing and it seems those days are gone. And what does that say?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 2:10PM #5
Heretic_for_Christ
The question at the start of this thread was NOT about how to spread "the love of Jesus Christ to people." It was about how to spread "the love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to people."

Here, precisely, we see the immense gulf between the religion practiced BY Jesus and the religion taught by the churches ABOUT Jesus. Living your faith is consistent with the words of Jesus himself. He said that anyone can cry "Lord! Lord!" and it means nothing; by our acts we are known. But the question posed here was NOT how to live in accordance with the teachings OF Jesus, but how to spread church teachings ABOUT Jesus.
I prayed for deliverance from the hard world of facts and logic to the happy land where fantasy and prejudice reign. But God spake unto me, saying, "No, keep telling the truth," and to that end afflicted me with severe Trenchant Mouth. So I'm sorry for making cutting remarks, but it's the will of God.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 2:17PM #6
TPaine
[QUOTE=Ilovethelord;814047]What's the best way to spread the love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to people ? I believe we are in the end times and I love all of you but I want everybody to know the gospel in a true way so they can decide without members of their previous faith trying to decieve them into believing that the New Testament is false. I support Jews-for-Jesus and other outreach ministries to those who need to hear what I believe and I also support the rights and safety of Messianic Jewish Individuals living in Israel, Gracias-Juan.[/QUOTE]

Juan,
I would say by your actions and lifestyle, as the others have said. If you come up to me or ring my doorbell in order to, as you say, spread the love of Jesus, it says to me that you are telling me that my beliefs are worthless, and you have the magic answer.  Can you see where that is liable to irritate me? I consider my beliefs as valid to me as yours are to you. Starting a conversation by telling me I'm wrong is not the best way to accomplish your goal.
Show me how good your religion is by the way you live your life and by treating others as you wish to be treated. Actions speak louder than words.

Peace,
TPaine
"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 2:22PM #7
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Heretic_for_Christ wrote:

The question at the start of this thread was NOT about how to spread "the love of Jesus Christ to people." It was about how to spread "the love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to people."

Here, precisely, we see the immense gulf between the religion practiced BY Jesus and the religion taught by the churches ABOUT Jesus. Living your faith is consistent with the words of Jesus himself. He said that anyone can cry "Lord! Lord!" and it means nothing; by our acts we are known. But the question posed here was NOT how to live in accordance with the teachings OF Jesus, but how to spread church teachings ABOUT Jesus.

Good catch, I missed that.  With the addition of that piece of information, I'll have to say, you can't.  There is nothing that anyone can say or do.  It's a massive disconnect. 

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 2:44PM #8
weirdfaery

Chiyo wrote:

Quite frankly, no one really cares what you have to say, we've heard it all before. But people are always watching to see what you do.

The greatest monument to Christianity, and one that has always impressed me is; St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, where all children with cancer are treated - regardless of the parents' ability to pay or not.

There was a day, too, when there were all kinds of Catholic or Christian; homes-for-unwed-mothers, homeless shelters, soup-kitchens, orphanages. But those have been closing and it seems those days are gone. And what does that say?

St. Jude's saved my cousin live. As a single mother of seven there is no way my aunt would have been able to afford all those treatments. Some of which were highly experimrntal.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 8:10PM #9
itty
weirdfaery THAT is why I support St. Jude's. I don't care what their :[/B]

You are not going to change my mind with respect to my religion, Juan. My religion is the one that speaks to my heart. For ME, it is the true way.

When people come to me to share their 'good news' I feel insulted. I am a fifty year old woman living in a country that has a predominantly Christian culture. I know that message, have heard it many times as a child, a young adult and all through my life. I have thought it through. I tried to speak to your god and be part of your religion. He never answered me. My Gods did.

To approach me and tell me that you and your religion have all the answers, the only truth and that my religion and Gods are false is a slap in the face. I am mature and I am intelligent. I know what your religion says. I follow another religion and other Gods.

The best thing you can do is to follow TPaine's advice and LIVE your religion. THAT is the most impressive thing you can do. Impressive meaning you are have internalized your faith, work in it and other people see that. Otherwise you will have no success with people. You will never have success with someone like me.

Also understand that while this is a multifaith forum we who post here often are not seeking anything! We have our religions, faiths and spiritualities. We don't come here to look for another. We come here to talk to people of differing points of view. Don't mistake this area as one where people are wandering around lost in a spiritual desert. That just isn't true.

Ed to Ad:
If you are talking to people in forums like this the things you DON'T want to do is tell us that our religion is false, our Gods are demons and the will go to hell if we don't convert to your religion. It just won't help at all. Instead talk aboutwhy you are a follower of the religion you follow.

Tell people how your religion changed your life. Tell people what YOU do to be true to your god and live your religion. THAT is the best thing you can do.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 8:10PM #10
itty
weirdfaery THAT is why I support St. Jude's. I don't care what their :[/B]

You are not going to change my mind with respect to my religion, Juan. My religion is the one that speaks to my heart. For ME, it is the true way.

When people come to me to share their 'good news' I feel insulted. I am a fifty year old woman living in a country that has a predominantly Christian culture. I know that message, have heard it many times as a child, a young adult and all through my life. I have thought it through. I tried to speak to your god and be part of your religion. He never answered me. My Gods did.

To approach me and tell me that you and your religion have all the answers, the only truth and that my religion and Gods are false is a slap in the face. I am mature and I am intelligent. I know what your religion says. I follow another religion and other Gods.

The best thing you can do is to follow TPaine's advice and LIVE your religion. THAT is the most impressive thing you can do. Impressive meaning you are have internalized your faith, work in it and other people see that. Otherwise you will have no success with people. You will never have success with someone like me.

Also understand that while this is a multifaith forum we who post here often are not seeking anything! We have our religions, faiths and spiritualities. We don't come here to look for another. We come here to talk to people of differing points of view. Don't mistake this area as one where people are wandering around lost in a spiritual desert. That just isn't true.

Ed to Ad:
If you are talking to people in forums like this the things you DON'T want to do is tell us that our religion is false, our Gods are demons and the will go to hell if we don't convert to your religion. It just won't help at all. Instead talk aboutwhy you are a follower of the religion you follow.

Tell people how your religion changed your life. Tell people what YOU do to be true to your god and live your religion. THAT is the best thing you can do.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook