Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View In Celebration of the Moderates
6 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2008 - 12:44AM #11
Thaklaar1
Unfortunately, Tarantino has made an indelible connection within my mind between that song and the visual of Michael Madsen cutting a dude's ear off.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2008 - 11:55AM #12
mainecaptain

tameless_heart wrote:

I love that song...... but I'm not old enough to remember when it first came out, I'd wager.

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:

Seconded ;)

Just bugs the heck out of me that there are so many young people around here............................................:p...............:D

Remember I am only a few years older then SG and she is young:)

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2008 - 11:56AM #13
Sacrificialgoddess

mainecaptain wrote:

Just bugs the heck out of me that there are so many young people around here............................................:p...............:D

Remember I am only a few years older then SG and she is young:)

I'm young?  There are days around here that I feel like an old lady!  :rolleyes:

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2008 - 11:07PM #14
itty
Uh-oh...I played that one, when it first came out, on a transistor radio. Oh, dear, itty  the cat(Avatar, folks. I have a strangely vivid imagination.) looks at her spot and stripes.  More gray than spots and stripes these days. Good thing I have so little hair.;)

I too think most moderates, of any religious/spiritual affiliation are more focused on the doing and not on the chest pounding. I do see some of  the extremes as doing just that. Some for the attention. Some to beat others about the head and shoulders.

I have friends across all spectrums of faith. There is a small Church of Christ near where I live. I am good friends with the pastor. She jokes that she is going to win another soul and I am trying to convince her to go to a public ritual.  LOL....Its good natured fun.

I live in a rural part of the midwest. After some fifty years I've gotten to know a lot of people here. I am quite fortunate that I have no issues with respect to my faith and my sexuality. Everyone around here knows me and expects me to be strange. They would be disappointed if I weren't. I am not calling my faith or my sexuality strange. I am saying however I have always been the Woman Who Walks Her Own Way.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2008 - 1:38AM #15
Ursyl
Lovely moderate stories?

Our daughter's bestest friend is from a very Christian family. Very Christian in that they practice the Love that their Jesus taught about. She's as much a member of their family as their daughter is of ours.:)

A Muslim online friend organized another online community I'm in to get another online friend of ours a grocery gift card to help her through a tough time.

That said, I was shocked to find that a UU friend of mine is rather bigoted towards Muslims and Islam.  She chalked that up to our friend being a kind woman, as if Islam's teaching of generosity is any different from Christianity's or Judaism's.  good grief
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook