Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Religious views of Dancing
5 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2008 - 1:34PM #31
Fodaoson
Quetion: Why do Baptist not make love standing upright?
Answer: They are afraid  some one will see their shadow and think they are  dancing.
“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2008 - 12:22AM #32
Calabi
Religion wise, mine prohibits it. I have never been able to identify with dancing, and it usually comes across as abhorrent. It just feels...wrong, for one reason or another, and those times I could bring myself to dance, public or private, it always felt unpleasant and unnatural. I still feel uncomfortable tolerating, dumb as it sounds.

P.S. age 19.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2008 - 1:38AM #33
TigersEyeDowsing
Never could dance.  You know what they say about white boys...can't jump or dance. ;)  I have no coordination and therefore no personal interest in dancing.  However I find religions that restrict members from doing it to be a little weird.
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2008 - 3:39AM #34
Chiyo
You know, I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned the long history of Mummer's Dances!

CLICK HERE
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2008 - 5:19AM #35
TigersEyeDowsing
[QUOTE=Chiyo;973428]You know, I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned the long history of Mummer's Dances!

CLICK HERE[/QUOTE]

Oh damn, Chiyo. That's spooky. I had that song playing this evening.
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2008 - 6:40AM #36
Chiyo

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:

Oh damn, Chiyo. That's spooky. I had that song playing this evening.

Collective Consciousness at work. :cool:

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2008 - 6:44AM #37
TigersEyeDowsing
[QUOTE=Chiyo;973492]Collective Consciousness at work. :cool:[/QUOTE]

We are One after all. ;)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2008 - 7:05AM #38
Chiyo

Chiyo wrote:

Collective Consciousness at work. :cool:

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:

We are One after all. ;)

"The one who bows and the one who is bowed to are a Buddha unit.
The yoke and its lash are tied to each other.
Isn't this our first principle... the one we should most observe?"

Master Xu Yun
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook