Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View I can barely type...
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 6:27PM #1
Rosie-Toes
I just received a phone call from my best friend. Her little girl, who calls me "auntie" is in the hospital. I am waiting for my ride to go and see her.
The child who hurt her is being held in custody. The child was constantly telling her that she'll go to hell for being a tomboy, calling her "lesbian" and trying to "save" her.
This is what proselytism does. This is what it does to children.
I'm sorry. I just needed to tell someone. I'm so scared.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 6:30PM #2
Wmdkitty
Holy shit...

holy... shit...

I hope that child is prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and that the courts remove him from the custody of obviously unfit and mentally abusive parents.

I also hope your friend's daughter has a speedy recovery without complications.
"The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal", Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment." -- George Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 6:54PM #3
REteach
(((Rosie and friends)))

Kids can survive an awful lot if they know the adults in their life are on their side.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 6:59PM #4
TigersEyeDowsing
((((Rosie and all)))))

Love and light coming your way.  I see you surrounded by the knowledge of the presence of the  Divine.
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 7:41PM #5
gillyflower
I am so sorry. Energy is coming your way. (((((Rosie)))))))
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 9:11PM #6
ItsAllALie
I'm with WMD,,,,,,at least as far as the HOLY SH*T,,,Prayers coming her way, her mother's way,,,,,,,and your way,,,

Give her a hug for me,,,,,,,,please.

Holly
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 10:02PM #7
LeahOne
((((Rosie's 'niece'))))))  and (((((her Mom)))))

Un-FREAKIN'-believable!!!

I hope the young lady makes a full recovery - and that the family has a successful lawsuit!  Really, DYS should be investigating that other family for child abuse.....violent bullies are often abused children.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 10:14PM #8
Sacrificialgoddess
Wow.  Just, wow.

(((((((Rosie))))))))
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 10:44PM #9
itty
Rosie I'm here. I will be holding you, your friend and her family in my heart and soul. I have lited a candle for all of you. It will burning.

{{{{{{{{{{Rosie}}}}}}}}}}

Bless you and may your Gods keep you well.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2009 - 12:00AM #10
Ayelet2
Rosie, this is awful.  Just awful.  And behind that dangerous, abusive child, are likely dangerous, abusive adults.  I'm so sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and all concerned.

~Cyndi
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook