Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Switch to Forum Live View I can barely type...
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 11:00PM #101
Ursyl
I'm sorry I missed noticing this thread before tonight.

How is Megan doing now?

Besides civil and criminal prosecution for this crime, what I'd like to know is what is the school doing about it? If the teachers knew about the harassment having been ongoing since August, clearly it's been going on at school.

Years ago at our middle school, a girl was being harassed and abused by two other girls. After the incident in which they set her hair on fire, the school tried to have the victim schooled elsewhere or at home. The parents had to pursue legal action for the criminals to be removed from the school rather than their victim.  I would see it as perfectly reasonable for this boy to be removed from that school and sent to whatever school that area has for problem students in order to protect both Megan and all the rest of the students.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2009 - 11:00PM #102
Ursyl
I'm sorry I missed noticing this thread before tonight.

How is Megan doing now?

Besides civil and criminal prosecution for this crime, what I'd like to know is what is the school doing about it? If the teachers knew about the harassment having been ongoing since August, clearly it's been going on at school.

Years ago at our middle school, a girl was being harassed and abused by two other girls. After the incident in which they set her hair on fire, the school tried to have the victim schooled elsewhere or at home. The parents had to pursue legal action for the criminals to be removed from the school rather than their victim.  I would see it as perfectly reasonable for this boy to be removed from that school and sent to whatever school that area has for problem students in order to protect both Megan and all the rest of the students.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2010 - 12:39PM #103
Brownowl33

Jan 10, 2009 -- 6:27PM, Rosie-Toes wrote:

I just received a phone call from my best friend. Her little girl, who calls me "auntie" is in the hospital. I am waiting for my ride to go and see her.  The child who hurt her is being held in custody. The child was constantly telling her that she'll go to hell for being a tomboy, calling her "lesbian" and trying to "save" her.  This is what proselytism does. This is what it does to children.  I'm sorry. I just needed to tell someone. I'm so scared.

I hope everything turned out ok. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 7:22AM #104
Myownpath

So now that it is August 2010, what is going on?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook