Switch to Forum Live View Emotional Vampirism
7 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2008 - 6:36PM #1
rideronthastorm
the truth is that Im going back to my old telesales place. Theres alot of Christians there.Some of them are very down to earth.

Others seem to wear their Christianity on their sleeve and believe somehow that because they are Christian Gods going to bless them with more sales.they believe they have an edge because of Christianity, that god favors  Christians and will bring them sales.To me sense they believe the children of their God are going to make it there, it makes me wonder if they believe nonChristains are going to fail.

My job place is not the only ones I see doing this, alot of times when i watch reality tv  shows, i see thiss, we're going to win because were on Gods side, does this mean Christians believe non Christians are going to fail?

I seem to have a habit of enjoying Christians who wear their Christianity on their sleeve and claim that sense they are Christians they will be on top, because I always feed off it mentally-get mad and channel my anger intopositive energy and compete with them and blow everyone out by having the most sales.

My bosses say its perfectly normal to feed of each other and that telesales people do  feed off each other, isnt this a form of emotional vampirism or not?

I cant help myself its just my MO,if Im angry with someone I dont get mad I get revenge,so if I hear someone saying its the Christians who will be blessed by sales, its my MO to not get mad but instead compete against them.

Am I evil?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 6:04AM #2
boodlebear
Vampirism, emotional or other, drains others around you. You are consciously using the energy that's available to boost sales. Have others felt drained once you've left their presence?
In general, depending on the type of christian, yes, they believe non-christians will fail and their side will win.
So is it the christian person you use for sport or or just his/her mentality/energy?
I understand how such arrogance can get annoying and wanting to cut said person down to size.
Why did you ask if you were evil?
Do you think you are?
Do you want to be told "yes"?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2008 - 12:38PM #3
Gandalf_Parker
Extreme Empathy can be Emotional Vampirism. Empaths can find a need to recharge their emotional batteries and will seek out crowds in states of excitement to participate in.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2008 - 2:01PM #4
shellyruff66
Is it possible to be drained over the phone?  Cuz I have this friend, who calls me on a semi-regular basis, after every phone call, I feel as though I have run an emotional marathon.  She just drains me dry.  I'm glad its only semi-regular.  Every day would kill me, I think.:eek:  Fascinating stuff.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 02, 2008 - 9:45PM #5
AttitudeIsEverything
Black Panther,

Loved the article, full of practical advice.  I have a workplace vampire, but we all deal with it.  I can be pretty sarcastic when I joke around, but he has a sense of humor.
You have to cut them off before they start, otherwise you will be riding the Drama Coaster. Exhausting!

Rideronthastorm - I have the same questions as boodlebear - are you doing this with a competitive spirit at heart or to show them they can be beaten at the game?  And do you beat them at this game with anger or with gladness as an ingrediant?
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook