Page 5 of 59  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 59 Next
Switch to Forum Live View christians displaying intolerance
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 6:07PM #41
gillyflower
Holly, you just make so much sense. I have been wanting to tell you that for so long. This is a wonderful solution to a problem that some Christians have created.
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 6:13PM #42
ItsAllALie

gillyflower wrote:

Holly, you just make so much sense. I have been wanting to tell you that for so long. This is a wonderful solution to a problem that some Christians have created.

Well, it's the only sane thing I can think of to solve the dilemma,,,,and to a certain degree, I understand the self-determination of faith groups,,,,I guess Christians have a right to determine WHO is a Christian,,,,,the only problem is there's so many denominations, many of them don't agree,,,,who am I to say who's a Christian? I mean really,,,,,,we have made too much of the whole ridiculous thing,,,,,,,,so,,,,for me,,,,,,,they are ALL now SDC's, because they all CLAIM to be Christian,,,,,

Holly

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 7:01PM #43
gillyflower
Worry not, Acts! You too are an SDC! :)
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 7:23PM #44
Sacrificialgoddess
SDC seems to be the only solution here, what with all the "they're not really a Christian," statements that we get that don't really help to solve problems.  :rolleyes:
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 7:27PM #45
allthegoodnamesweretaken
SDC works for me too.  I think the funniest part is they seem to act like it should matter to us who is and isn't a "Christian. 

all
Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 7:29PM #46
gillyflower
I think that the only one they should be worried about is their god. As I understand things, he has the final say about that no matter how many men think he has to follow their interpretation of a book.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 7:38PM #47
Lovey-Dovey
[QUOTE=War_Eagle;949613]

If you don't believe the teachings of Jesus, then what makes you a Christian? How can you say that you're born again if you don't believe the teachings of Jesus?[/QUOTE]

War Eagle, Of course I am faithful to the teachings of Jesus (especially his parables)......but not in the way you would interpret them perhaps, or in the words that others have ascribed to him (such as him being the way,truth and life....Jesus would never have said such arrogant words!) 

And I don't say I'm "born again" but "born into" my faith.  Christianity doesn't need any more "infantile" believers, but more who've "matured" in their faith walk.

Not everyone believes in the particular brand of Christianity you seem to ascribe to.  Do you belong to a community of believers or are you "out there" all by yourself?  I'm fully aware that anything I say here will be twisted around by you to appear as if I don't know what I'm talking about.  This seems to be your major "battle plan" as a "Christian soldier".

Jesus came to this world as a babe and a lamb.  And it was the brutes of this world and their "laws" which killed him.  Do you consider this Mystery we call "God" to be a Christian?  How about Jesus, would you call him a Christian as well?  Jesus was born, lived and died as a Jew.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 8:00PM #48
Lovey-Dovey
OO..ooo, I'm a SDC too!  It seems the only one here who doesn't recognize Christians different than  himself...is War Eagle.  As for the same 'core' beliefs....I certainly believe in spiritual resurrection, just not in the physical resuscitation of a dead Christ.  My faith doesn't hinge on an opened tomb....

As you can see, there's a very broad spectrum among those who call themselves Christian.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 8:22PM #49
gillyflower
[QUOTE=Acts 28:22;950850]You are correct gillyflower; people were killed and offices were bombed, it was horrific!  And the press rightly showed the hypocrisy of the guilty parties!  As much as I might disagree with your stance, those folks were way out of line!  Other protesters were appalled and were quick to distance themselves from  the guilty parties.
But just because we haven't been bombed or killed, is the rest of that stuff ok?[/QUOTE]

I did not say that it is okay to key your car because a person is angry that you do not support their right to marry and have the same rights as you do. I support the laws of the land. Knowing a number of gay individuals, I am aware that the vast majority of them are law abiding and do not make hang up calls or key people's cars even when they are very angry. I think that it surprised a lot of people at how very angry that group was when their rights were denied.

I am pretty sure that the laws of this land will change and that gay people will soon have the same rights as everyone else. Until that time, I will be happy to support them in any way I can that is within the law and encourage everyone else to stay within the law with their protests. Lawful and organized protests are the way to go.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 8:26PM #50
itty
I agree with Gilly. In everything she just said. Legal and peaceful protest are one thing. Illegal acts, threats and harrasment are something else entirely.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 59  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 59 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook