Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View "Cradle" Religion....
3 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2011 - 3:13AM #61
gorm-sionnach

Apr 25, 2011 -- 12:42AM, truthweride wrote:

I was born agnostic, as I like to say. My mother believes in God, but only in the most basic sense. She does not go to church, or pray regularly, or even read the bible often. But she does her best to follow basic ethical principles including/not limited to the 10 Commandments, the Golden Rule, and Pillars of Character.
My father's faith is a mystery to me. I don't think he thinks about it very much. I get the strong vibe that he is atheist, however.
I have been to church a few times with my mother but they were always different churches. They were always Protestant. I went to a Methodist preschool and a church daycare, but I learned later that it was mostly to learn good behavior and a sense of what's right as a kid.
I joined AWANA, a childrens' youth group devoted to learning about Jesus and memorizing Bible verses. I kind of liked it at first, but the memorization lost its charm. After 2 1/2 years, I dropped out. I then fell into a period of non-religion. I was agnostic for a few years and atheist for approximately 6 months. Now I declare myself Spiritual but not Religious. I am interested in various forms of pagan faith, including Wicca and Asatru, as well as Animism. I am also interested in the occult, and Eastern religions and traditions.

Well, you are in luck, bnet does have (somewhat) active boards for Paganism in general Wicca, Asatru, Animism, esoteric topics, and a bevy of "eastern religions". I'd suggest the various community pages as a starting point.

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook