J.J. and ZenYen;

Thank you both for your kind words.

Gassho

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2008 - 6:29AM #12
TigersEyeDowsing
[QUOTE=Redfrog777;707828]I am God.

I realize that is going to sound very arrogant to a lot of folks. Not much I can do about that.

The best explanation that I can offer is cells to a body. My body is made up of billions of individual cells. All of which are in fact “my body” thou no individual makes up the totality of my body. However each individual cell carries the full genetic blue print of the totally of my body.

Thus we all are God. Of course that is assuming that there is a God, LOL.[/QUOTE]

I must second Redfrog. As Jesus said, "I and the Father are One."  The Father is in heaven, and later we learn the kingdom of heaven is at hand.  Wa-la!  There we have it.  It is here, it is now, it is us.  He who has seen me has seen the Father. 

I believe everyone is inherently the Divine expression of God, but that does not mean everyone is Christed.  Becoming the Christ, or Buddha, takes much time and work and spiritual understanding.  From my faith, Cady taught all man would eventually become Christed.  One can hope! 

Namaste- Let's set aside appearances, the Christ in me greets the Christ in you.
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2008 - 3:17PM #13
mainecaptain
Beautiful Chiyo Beautiful!!!
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2008 - 7:46PM #14
Redfrog777
The Frog in me greets the Frog in you. LOL.

Meant to be funny, but funny thing is it's true!.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2008 - 10:31AM #15
sirjacen
All...why not?  What about the metaphor of a spouse doesn't fit?  Just a question if you want to share, because I think we can learn about each other as well through sharing why we don't believe the Divine (or our relationship to it) is so-and-so.

peace...jason
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2008 - 10:31AM #16
sirjacen
Maine...why would you not want the relationship to be like a spouse?  What about that metaphor do you not want to fit your relationship with your gods/goddesses?

peace...jason
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2008 - 10:39AM #17
sirjacen
Chiyo,

I like much of what you say, but I would also offer that even by using metaphors one isn't necessarily trying to define the relationship or box it in.  Metaphor can be a way to describe the experience of the beautiful scent (for yourself and others), sharing what it is like, rather than trying to define it.  That is why so many metaphors spring to my mind in trying to describe God's smell, instead of just one.

I have also found that many of my fellow Christians (I'm sure other religions do it as well) often push the Divine away as "out there," but I have found it to be kind of in the middle, if that makes sense.  I believe there is a Divine entity separate from me, a Being all itself, but that traces of it, images of it, and even the experience of it is as intimate as a breath, as a smell of a rose.  Thank you for sharing.

peace...jason
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2008 - 10:56AM #18
mainecaptain

sirjacen wrote:

Maine...why would you not want the relationship to be like a spouse?  What about that metaphor do you not want to fit your relationship with your gods/goddesses?

peace...jason

Good Morning Jason,
The relationship I have is simply not that of a spouse, I would feel differently about a spouse, And the relationship is also somewhat defined by the deity him or herself. And they come to me not as a spouse.

They are loving and protective and as guides to me, but not as a spouse. It just isn't that relationship. Not for me. But I have no objection to the relationship that others have. All that matters in my opinion, is having a fulfilling close spiritual relationship with the Divine. And I think it is different for all of us. We are all reached in a different way,
I hope I did not word my previous post in a way that would have been offensive, if I did I apologize was totally unintentional.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2008 - 1:15PM #19
sirjacen
Maine,  your post did not seem offensive at all and I'm not saying it is bad that we see our relationship to the Divine differently or that you are bad because you don't see it like a marriage relationship.  I'm simply trying to see why you don't think the marriage metaphor fits personally for you.

For example, I wouldn't describe my relationship to God as a computer program because I feel that would take all ability of true, free love out of the equation.  I wouldn't describe the relationship as an owner-pet relationship because while I love my pets and there is freedom on both sides, it conjures up images of tricks and learned behavior.  And I don't see God as training us in that way.  Now, the more I thought about all the aspects of my relationship to my dogs, I'd probably find some points of metaphoric similiarity.

What would a spousal relationship with a god look like to you?  We may have very different pictures of what that type of relationship would look like, so I'm just trying to get inside your mind on that image and why it doesn't fit for you personally.  Just curiosity, if you care to share.  I mean, when I say I view my relationship to God as though I was His bride, what traits pop into your head?

peace...jason
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2008 - 1:25PM #20
Chiyo
Jason -

There are some major differences between how Christianity views God and how Buddhism views the Divine.

1) Christianity believes that God is both external and is a person. And moreover, is a person who is outside of nature. At least, since the Fall. And the only way to become "one" with God, as in a spousal relationship, is to repent of your sins and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

2) Buddhism does not believe that God is external, does not believe God is person, does not believe in sin and finally, believes that the Divine indwells [COLOR=red]all people, all animals, all plants and all things and not just a select few.[/COLOR]

Your Good News is that, if you (generic) repent, God will come back. Our Good News is, the Divine never left.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 24  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook