Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Switch to Forum Live View What Is On Your Altar?
5 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2008 - 12:05PM #131
Jenandew7

Chiyo wrote:

The above portrait of St. Francis is my favorite. While I was searching for it, though, I'd found this one and it cracked me up. Apparently, St. Francis had a hard day and fell asleep while meditating on the meaning of mortality. [COLOR=red]- LINK[/COLOR]

It happens, doesn't it!?

*In the next painting, I can almost see him startled awake by the sound of the skull hitting the cave floor . . . *

If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. --Isaiah 58:10
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2008 - 1:45PM #132
mainecaptain

Gwyddion9 wrote:

Hopefully, these will show up.
Sorry, i forgot to include the skull with the celtic knot work done on it.
hope you enjoy it!
Ron

I love that, very simple and elegant. And I must say the Goddess is particularly lovely to me. Thank you so much for sharing those images.:)

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2008 - 1:51PM #133
Chiyo

Jenandew7 wrote:

It happens, doesn't it!?

*In the next painting, I can almost see him startled awake by the sound of the skull hitting the cave floor . . . *

ROFL!
Too funny, but now that you mention it, I can see it too. :p :D

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 months ago  ::  Aug 13, 2013 - 6:07PM #134
Piobair_Paganach

To start with, a figure of the Buddha in the posture of zazen; full lotus with his hands in the dhyana mudra. To either side, candles (enlightenment) and lotuses (transcendence; the white lotus is associated with enlightenment). In the fore, flowers and incense (impermanence; the incense also serves as a meditation timer).

Our home altar photo DSCI09041.jpg

The fold-out drawer holds my rakuzu; an abbreviated kesa; the robe of the Buddha.

Rakuzu drawer photo 7961.jpg

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 months ago  ::  Aug 13, 2013 - 6:22PM #135
mainecaptain

Very nice Altar.  Thank you for sharing

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook