Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View why I like being a Baptist
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 7:48PM #11
Acolyte
There are so many kinds of Baptists... I prefer to single out one Baptist man of faith: Will Campbell, the inspiration for Rev. Will B. Dunn in the Kudzu comic strip. He was white and ministered to black people, for which he was praised... and he ministered to members of the Ku Klux Klan, for which he was not praised. An admiral fellow, I would say.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 7:54PM #12
*Elizabeth*
I am happy for you that you found a supportive place, My experience with fundamental Baptists was not so favorable.
I found them to be extremely judgemental,and gossipy. The Baptist church also does not celebrate the Holy Spirit, I found it to be a dead church. But to each his own Peace.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 7:48PM #13
Acolyte
There are so many kinds of Baptists... I prefer to single out one Baptist man of faith: Will Campbell, the inspiration for Rev. Will B. Dunn in the Kudzu comic strip. He was white and ministered to black people, for which he was praised... and he ministered to members of the Ku Klux Klan, for which he was not praised. An admiral fellow, I would say.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 7:54PM #14
*Elizabeth*
I am happy for you that you found a supportive place, My experience with fundamental Baptists was not so favorable.
I found them to be extremely judgemental,and gossipy. The Baptist church also does not celebrate the Holy Spirit, I found it to be a dead church. But to each his own Peace.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 10:13AM #15
Acolyte

*Elizabeth* wrote:

I realize I have caused confusion by posting in this thread. I am a Lutheran, commenting on the diversity of Baptists in the United States. I am sorry you have encountered judgment, gossip, and spiritual atrophy, and I hope you have found a place where none of that exists. Peace be with you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 4:56PM #16
TigersEyeDowsing
I was very confused because Elizabeth and Acolyte are both showing the same avatar... I thought it was the same person talking to themselves. :o  Thought I was losing it.
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 7:30PM #17
Acolyte

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:

I was very confused because Elizabeth and Acolyte are both showing the same avatar... I thought it was the same person talking to themselves. :o  Thought I was losing it.

At times I talk to myself... and my cat. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 7:36PM #18
TigersEyeDowsing

Acolyte wrote:

At times I talk to myself... and my cat. :)

Nothing wrong with that, I have a friend who does that.  Yeah, a friend... :p

Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 7:38PM #19
Sacrificialgoddess

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:

Nothing wrong with that, I have a friend who does that.  Yeah, a friend... :p

Does your friend look like this?

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook