Page 1 of 24  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 Next
Switch to Forum Live View A world better without faith in gods?
6 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2008 - 8:16AM #1
oJameso
Dearest Creator,

I come to you today asking you why do you let so many fake religions exist? It screws up the world and holds us back from maturing and sharing in truth and in the one peaceful family that we could be here on earth. So Creator don't you think its about time you sorted this mess (you created) out yourself now instead of sitting there watching the thousands of people here dying unnescessarily. You know how our minds work, you created every aspect of our psyche. You knew it would happen like this. Creator, are you happy with it? Today I pray that one day soon none of us believe in you. I pray that one day soon we all believe that this life on earth is all there is going to be and that its up to us to make it good. I pray today that in time, without devisive fake religions, all of us not just some of us come to see that the salvation of our children lies in each other, lies in creating a fair society for all, when we can eliminate the desire for greed, eliminate the motivations for violence, develop a morality that we can all agree on because our intelligence is not constrained by outdated archaic fake "guidebooks to living", live a morality that comes from a genuine heart, not the one that is motivated by the desire for personal immortality or the fear of suffering eternally in unimaginable pain for offending some fake religion's fake god's sensibilities. If you answer my prayers, I think you, Creator, would be happier too, because people will be happier, and as you love us, and your love is REAL love and not the conditional kinda "kiss my ass" fake love of some fake religions, it would therefore be the best thing all round, for you too, even if no-one gives two hoots about you (although to me you would be a hero).
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2008 - 8:16AM #2
oJameso
Dearest Creator,

I come to you today asking you why do you let so many fake religions exist? It screws up the world and holds us back from maturing and sharing in truth and in the one peaceful family that we could be here on earth. So Creator don't you think its about time you sorted this mess (you created) out yourself now instead of sitting there watching the thousands of people here dying unnescessarily. You know how our minds work, you created every aspect of our psyche. You knew it would happen like this. Creator, are you happy with it? Today I pray that one day soon none of us believe in you. I pray that one day soon we all believe that this life on earth is all there is going to be and that its up to us to make it good. I pray today that in time, without devisive fake religions, all of us not just some of us come to see that the salvation of our children lies in each other, lies in creating a fair society for all, when we can eliminate the desire for greed, eliminate the motivations for violence, develop a morality that we can all agree on because our intelligence is not constrained by outdated archaic fake "guidebooks to living", live a morality that comes from a genuine heart, not the one that is motivated by the desire for personal immortality or the fear of suffering eternally in unimaginable pain for offending some fake religion's fake god's sensibilities. If you answer my prayers, I think you, Creator, would be happier too, because people will be happier, and as you love us, and your love is REAL love and not the conditional kinda "kiss my ass" fake love of some fake religions, it would therefore be the best thing all round, for you too, even if no-one gives two hoots about you (although to me you would be a hero).
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2008 - 8:39AM #3
Chiyo
And here we have yet another fascist who whines about diversity. As if the Fundamentalists weren't enough? :rolleyes:
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2008 - 8:52AM #4
Pthalo
[QUOTE=Chiyo;638514]And here we have yet another fascist who whines about diversity. As if the Fundamentalists weren't enough? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I didn't get that Chiyo.  I think he means this as a request that we slow down blind allegiance and "my god is better that your god" kind of stuff and that maybe the world would be a better place without these kinds of beliefs.  It was not posted very well but this is his first post. 
He doesn't know that this thought is not original and I certainly don't think he is a fascist.

oJameso, It might be best if you poked around earlier threads and posts regarding this idea and refined your thoughts.  Generally, what I've found is that you never change anyone's POV but gradually, you change your own simply by typing out and refining your ideas.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2008 - 8:54AM #5
sydneymoon
OJ-
I hate to break the news but, if no religion existed people would always find something to justify their need to control and corrupt or violate other people's freedom.

Diversity in thought should be embraced as long as one's actions do not impede your neighbor's freedoms.
What we all need to center on is what we have in common, not what divides us.
Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2008 - 8:56AM #6
Chiyo
[QUOTE] Pthalo;
I didn't get that Chiyo. I think he means this as a request that we slow down blind allegiance and "my god is better that your god" kind of stuff and that maybe the world would be a better place without these kinds of beliefs. It was not posted very well but this is his first post.
He doesn't know that this thought is not original and I certainly don't think he is a fascist.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're right? But it sounded to me like he wants [COLOR=red]everyone to be an atheist.[/COLOR]

I'm willing to be wrong.

Time will tell, if he comes back to post again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2008 - 9:04AM #7
oJameso
"What we all need to center on is what we have in common, not what divides us."
Bingo

Very few ideas are original.

I'm not a fascist. That is an idiotic comment.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2008 - 9:30AM #8
Chiyo

oJameso wrote:

Bingo

Goodbye... :rolleyes:

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2008 - 9:34AM #9
Sacrificialgoddess

oJameso wrote:

Bingo

/quote]

And?

:cool:

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2008 - 9:43AM #10
sydneymoon

oJameso wrote:

Bingo

Um, I didn't call you facist.

Yes, very few ideas are original....please expand. This is a rather cryptic response, don't you think?
Exactly what is your point if the readers have misinterpreted your message?
Perhaps you can clarify it further?

Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 24  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook