Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Question to Buddhists scholars
7 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2007 - 3:18AM #1
lembudogol
Hello everyody, i'm a Muslim from Malaysia.

For over 30 years of my life, i've been forced by a group of former Muslims who've converted to Buddhism, to convert to Buddhism. Because i refused, i was labelled arrogant and uncouth. They decided to teach me a lesson by slandering, oppressing, taunting, mocking, humiliating and making me enemies with my parents, in-laws, wife, relatives, friends, work colleagues, neighbours and just about everybody i know. I've tried to report this to the authorities but was ignored.

They're able to do this as they have very powerful politicians, businessespersons and high ranking officials in the private and public sector in their group. These people hide behind the SECULAR label but admit that they don't believe in God. God does not exist, they claim.

The way they propagate their belief is through hypnotism instead of the usual way of preaching or other tradtional ways. They claim to project Tenaga Gelombang (wave energy?) to perform telekinesis, telepathy, mentalism and other incredible acts. As a victim of their failed forced conversion project, i've seen them opening locked doors with their mind, switching on or off my car, reading my mind, talking to me from a distance (more than 1 hundred kilometers), making things (books,keys,etc.,) disappear, etc.,

The authorities think i'm nuts but these Buddhist converts admit they've converted more than 2 MILLION Muslims in Malaysia by showing them "the paradise and the universe" merely by touching their heads. I call this hypnotism but they say it's projecting wave energy. In Islam these acts are called Black Magic but they claim it's about psychic power.

Is this what Buddhism is about? Converting people using  psychic power instead of scientific evidence, Logic and Reason? What does the Buddhist scholars say about this practice of TEACHING people who don't want to convert  to Buddhism a LESSON. In my case, over 30 years of heart ache, pain and sad events, one after another, just because I believe in GOD?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 8:14PM #2
SerapisMaitreya
Even though I am not a Buddhist, I have very high opinion of Buddhism.  It is the first time that I have heard of forced conversion by Buddhists.  The Buddhism that I know is very gentle and rejects violence.  I have sat with Buddhists in their meditation halls, and I have never been asked to convert to Buddhism.  I would not know what school of Buddhism is that which forces others to convert to Buddhism by force.

S.M.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 8:33PM #3
jaBuddha
I never heard of this happening beyond your comment. The Muslim world is quite foreign to me. I would guess this is a limited movement. The converion claim is open to question.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2008 - 12:04PM #4
nyinkartist
[QUOTE=Tor Hershman;155812]This is what ALL religions and atheism are about [/QUOTE]
Buddhism isn't a religion, its non-theistic, in that Buddha isn't a God that is prayed or worshiped in the same way that Jesus is.  It is not all religion or atheism that are like this, merely some of the people in the religions.  There are extremists in all faiths. 

I have never heard of anyone in Buddhism forcing anyone else to convert.  Frankly that is the exact opposite of what Buddhist believe, it violates several parts of the Eightfold Path to Enlightenment, specifically Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action and possibly Right Livelihood.  Beliefnet has a lot of very good resources on what Buddhists believe.  Conversion is common in many religions, the Christian Crusades for example began this way.  Claiming a faith does not make you so, only your actions do.  If these people were truly Buddhist, then they would accept your faith as it is an be supportive of your choice. 

As for the "wave energy,"  I can't dismiss anything you have seen because I wasn't there.  Buddhists don't threaten or intimidate using any force, physical or otherwise.  China has been in control of Tibet against their will for years and in Burma, the Monks are quietly protesting.  I would think that if Buddhist were all like you described then they would use the methods you have told us about there also.  Do not let a few very bad people taint your view of Buddhism or any other religion.  The Dali Lama said, "I am Tibetan before I am Dali Lama, and I am human before I am Tibetan."

We are our actions no matter what we claim to be or not to be.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2008 - 12:15PM #5
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Is this what Buddhism is about?

This is not what Buddhism is about.  Buddhism is about compassion and  relieving suffering.

What does the Buddhist scholars say about this practice of TEACHING people who don't want to convert to Buddhism a LESSON.

[FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, SANS-SERIF] [FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, SANS-SERIF][SIZE=2][COLOR=#993300] Dangerous consequences will follow when politicians and rulers forget moral principles. Whether we believe in God or karma, ethics is the foundation of every religion.[/FONT]

[FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, SANS-SERIF]-His Holiness the Dalai Lama[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

In my case, over 30 years of heart ache, pain and sad events, one after another, just because I believe in GOD?

I am sorry for your pain.  Is there a way you could find help?  Some way you could plead for asylum?  I will research things on this end if you need them, although I really can't do much, I am willing to do what I can.

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2008 - 12:21PM #6
Sacrificialgoddess
But... Malaysia is primarily a Muslim country.  They are the majority.  The Buddhists are just a little speck there.  :confused:   Something about this is off.
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2008 - 12:27PM #7
allthegoodnamesweretaken

sacrificialgoddess wrote:

But... Malaysia is primarily a Muslim country.  They are the majority.  The Buddhists are just a little speck there.  :confused:   Something about this is off.

Well, he does just say it was a group. Not a political organization.  But I can't imagine a Muslim authority allowing a group to use such methods of conversion.  Even here that would be called a cult, and if people wanted out they would be assisted. 

I'm not sure how to take this, but for now, I will take him at his word.

all

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2008 - 12:29PM #8
Sacrificialgoddess

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

Well, he does just say it was a group. Not a political organization.  But I can't imagine a Muslim authority allowing a group to use such methods of conversion.  Even here that would be called a cult, and if people wanted out they would be assisted. 

I'm not sure how to take this, but for now, I will take him at his word.

all

I'm just confused, and am hoping he will enlighten us a bit more.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2008 - 1:50PM #9
allthegoodnamesweretaken
No, but maybe you can figure it out from this gibberish that I have no clue what they are talking about if you are so inclinded:

http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/m … ?do=bbcode
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2008 - 5:42AM #10
johndavid23
lem,

According to the Buddha, it makes no difference whether you believe in "God" or not:  that is your personal choice.  The phenomena you observed, "siddhis",  are diversions on the path - phenomena meant to open your mind to your real nature, not to manipulate you or others.

You keep the key to your own prison, and will release yourself when you please.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook