Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Switch to Forum Live View Why so little relative participation in Multifaith?
6 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2007 - 11:15AM #121
Sacrificialgoddess
We're all mean.  It's merely one of our endearing qualities.  ;)
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2007 - 1:08PM #122
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Nicer?  I don't know, I thought that was pretty mean. 

I think it got the message across anyway.

all
Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2007 - 5:55PM #123
DAH54

Mike369 wrote:

I'm convinced that only a few could really desire a multifaith board. It requires a person to soul search in ways one doesn't have to on debate boards. Where the joy of debate is in expressed self justification, the satisfactions of multfaith in the ideal sense is in the mutual appreciation of our nothingness. It means that we all have a piece of a larger greater whole which as we are, we have only the potential of evolving towards.

Multifaith is simple in the physical sense. I can be with seven guys from various faiths and we could be having a party out in the wilds with some good wine, surf and turf with shrimp, our trusty golden retrievers, and about a dozen cute blondes running around in their underwear. What is there to fight about?

Who gets the really hot redhead? :)

Mike369 wrote:

Yet multifaith in the religious sense is about the heart. This organ of qualitative human emotion has become so abused over the years that it barely is able to function and has become conditioned to defend itself against imagined threats. Even the services of cute blondes can't fix this. The heart has become so hidden that we can hardly find it anymore. We confuse intense earthly emotion with the sacred emotions that are the quality of the heart and at the core of all the faiths.

Do I get the feeling someone is fixated on blonds? What is wrong with brunets?

Mike369 wrote:

Multifaith usually consists of expressions of empty feel good platitudes that serve to protect the heart from experience. But at this level the joy is in expressions of self justification that protect the heart and justify its hurt. This is far more attractive for participation. Real multifaith is as valuable as it is rare which is why it won't sell.

All it takes is you and one other, and perhaps a little faith?

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2007 - 11:41AM #124
DAH54

Mike369 wrote:

I must admit that you have a point. So in support of diversity and to prove my openmindness, I've consulted with the trusty golden retriever and its been decided that instead of twelve blondes there would be three girls with black hair, three with brown, three blondes, and for you, three redheads.

Hopefully this will keep you happy and make me appear more politically correct and open to new experiences. :).

If you are doing it just for the appearance of doing it you've lost before you ever started. If you can't celebrate the differences, you're not very open. IMHO those who know all the answers should probably sit in a room and wait for the seekers to appear. It will make life much more enjoyable for all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2007 - 12:05PM #125
DAH54

sacrificialgoddess wrote:

That's why when you see me on line, you see me.  Flaws and all.  You meet me in real life, you would find this is exactly what you get.   :D

Is that a vote for the less real in real life side?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook