7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 5:03PM #1
Sacrificialgoddess
Wecome to the Beliefnet Why I like being a... board.  Tell us why you like your religion.  Whether Christian or Pagan, Hindu or Satanist, we all have reasons we love our religions.  :D
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 10:13PM #2
John_T_Mainer
Why do I like being an Asatru?
Storm winds call me, lighting and thunder light the fire in my blood.  My family are more precious than gold, more eternal than the mountains.  My grave goods are the glories of my life, and the memories of my children; for I am richer than any living King.

Horn of mead raised in fellowship, strong men and women laughing together, the gods gathered to join our hearty hospitality.   A fathers hand guiding a daughters bow arm, sword arm, firearm.  A mother's hand guiding her daughters offering to Grandmother long dead.

Death is a home port on a long voyage, duty a shield long carried whose wieght is long forgotten, but whose boundaries mark where I defend.  My gods await me, my family and comrades fallen, but not forgotten await me, and the promise of challenge worthy of all the strength found in a life of joyous struggle.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 4:05AM #3
Redfrog777
Why do I like being a........human being?

I love my life and the mystery that is my journey unfolding! I have been touched by this earth that is my body and I have wondered at the stars that are my ancesters. I slept on the mountaion and prayed with a empty stomick and sang with a parched and dry mouth. I have walked bare foot among the rattlesnakes that I have called friend and climbed the rocks where only the lizards are at home. I have burned my feet on the embers tending the fire so that others may pray. I have danced naked in the rain, in a circle of tobacco and cornmeal, beaten by the wind untill I no longered cared. I have walked among trees that reminded me that my little life is a precious and fleating thing. I have offered my blood and flesh that others would be healed. I have felt the eagles wings brush my face in the dark. I have cryed on the mountain in love, and confusion and agnoy and joy. I have looked in to the unknown and have been moved. I have looked in to the eyes of my son, and found that my heart has been stolen. I have held my wife and can't get over my good fortune. I have broken my body only to be grateful that I could still feel pain. I have made love to my demons and banished my gods. Only to find that they were one and the same. I have asked all of the unanswerable questions only to discover all of the unquestionable answers. I have been to the other side and can not tell the diffrence?

I am alive and it is a mystery..........there is no greater joy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 3:25AM #4
JudeVerse3
Many people today like a religion where the consumer becomes the definer.  Truth is minimized, and that which is "felt" is maximized. This is very suitable for our very spiritually lethargic and dead "me" centered/ Disney-Land ,fast food orientated society. Our culture is self-centered and obsessed with the self. We want to be god. There are even pseudo-"Christian" movements (word of faith, emergent church), which focus on nothing but the self. This is evil and not Christian at all.

I like my religion because it is the truth, and because it teaches us how to remove self from the throne and allows God to be God. Most people today wake up every morning thinking they are the center of the universe. True Christianity is a major wake-up call. There is a God, and you are not Him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 8:36PM #5
Acolyte

JudeVerse3 wrote:

I like my religion because it is the truth, and because it teaches us how to remove self from the throne and allows God to be God. Most people today wake up every morning thinking they are the center of the universe. True Christianity is a major wake-up call. There is a God, and you are not Him.

Amen! Amen!! [Second amen added to pad out message to ten characters. If three letters is enough to spell God, it ought to be enough for B'net. :) )

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 10:28PM #6
Sacrificialgoddess

Acolyte wrote:

Amen! Amen!! [Second amen added to pad out message to ten characters. If three letters is enough to spell God, it ought to be enough for B'net. :) )

I don't know. I think that everybody feels their religion has truth.  Otherwise, why would they believe it? :confused:

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 11:11PM #7
gorm-sionnach

sacrificialgoddess wrote:

I don't know. I think that everybody feels their religion has truth.  Otherwise, why would they believe it? :confused:

Where's that Thread necromancy card you love playing?;)

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 11:16PM #8
Sacrificialgoddess
This one?

or this one?

or this one?

:D

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook