Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 8:48AM #1
Midutch
To all my colleagues past and present here on the Bnet Origins of Life board, thank you. It's been fun. I've learned a lot over the years, even from those of you with whom I disagreed. Good luck and best wishes. 
"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 10:21AM #2
upsala81
I agree with Midutch! I've also become a better debater through our sparring. And as Clarabelle the clown said on the final Howdy Dowdy!

Goodbye Kids!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 1:39PM #3
MMarcoe

Goodbye, everyone. It's been weird.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is the original nothingness of the universe.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 7:36PM #4
GodsGarden

Hear, hear!  It's been fun, interesting, frustrating, maddening.  Best wishes to all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 7:39PM #5
Roymond

I've clarified thoughts, honed arguments, learned a bunch, discovered a few things that were sitting right in front of my face...

and found that I have very litle patience with those who want to tell everyone else what the Bible means but don't bother to actually study it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 7:43PM #6
FundieDen

God Bless every one here i hope that the Holy Spirit leads us all to the truth, i have learned a lot coming to beliefnet from both sides.

Fair Well

Denis.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 10:47PM #7
McAtheist

Posting here has been an interesting and educational experience:  so many people here can express themselves clearly and concisely or ask that one pointed question that punctures an inflated structure of assumptions --- I have enjoyed learning from you.

And while the various sides disagree over the nature of science and the development of life on this planet, I think we probably all agree on many more fundamental issues: the importance of family and friends, the hope for a more peaceful and equitable world.

I hope you all fare well in your post-Beliefnet lives.

Or, to steal a lovely phrase from some pagan friends: merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 12:17AM #8
steven_guy

It has been interesting participating in these discussions and I have learnt a great deal from the wise and educated minds here. 

To the Creationists here, I hope you continue to learn about evolution and the sciences that describe it. Your journey has only just begun.

To everyone else, goodnight and good luck. I am on Facebook and I am readily contactable there and also on Skype - steven.langley.guy

My home phone number is (Australia) 8 8346 1942

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 4:33AM #9
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Steven_guy:

8 8346 1942

I called 08-83461942. Wow, you like chatting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 10:57AM #10
Whisper01

It's been an interesting run :-).

Got to see everyong from scientists in Atlanta to nutballs in Philly. I always had to say to myself "Where can you pay for this kind of stuff? No where!". Worth it in so many ways. How many times do you get to sit down and read from a bunch of non-scientific people disuss the inner workings of science and logic, in depth to preserve their favorite theological wants and desires?

Ya, it was worth it. To bad it has to end, I coud read IAMA and 57's replies forever, they are shear intertainment! And the rebuttals are informative, logical, scientific and also intertaining (in a awe sort of way).

Here's to the whole crowd! Cheers!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook