Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 20  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Next
2 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2015 - 10:33AM #1
upsala81
As this is the last month that this board will be active, do we want to do something for the archives? Do we want to post here our best defense of our positions as a final gift to active and lurker alike? If so should we have rules or just a free for all?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2015 - 9:09PM #2
Roymond

Interesting idea.

I'll make a simple statement:  it doesn't take science to disprove YECism, because they don't even agree with the Bible.  YECism rests on human teachings, not on the Bible, and on various points even contradicts the Bible.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2015 - 12:27AM #3
Upperlimits

I'm with Linus....Laughing

According to 2nd Corinthians 3:2, there are five gospels in the world. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the Epistle of ones own life.  Most people will probably never read the first four.

God desires that our lives would bear spiritual fruit - not religious nuts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2015 - 6:19AM #4
Hmmm

Oct 3, 2015 -- 12:27AM, Upperlimits wrote:

I'm with Linus....

And I hope that this isn't off topic, but I think that that is what religious people feed on. Smile

The truth, the whole truth...and nothing but the truth?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2015 - 9:23AM #5
Midutch

The best argument for the science side of the SCIENCE vs. bronze age fairy tales "debate" ...

the EVIDENCE.

The unimaginably VAST, overwhelming amounts of evidence collected over the past 250+ years in astronomy, physics, geology, biology, paleontology, genetics, etc..

Only those people who need it all to go away in order to maintain certain previously held chilishly ridiculous "literal and inerrant" delusions would ignore, reject, dismiss, disparage and LIE about it all.

The rest of the world is, fortunately, not so blind.

"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2015 - 3:13PM #6
Upperlimits

Oct 3, 2015 -- 9:23AM, Midutch wrote:

The best argument for the science side of the SCIENCE vs. bronze age fairy tales "debate" ...

the EVIDENCE.

The unimaginably VAST, overwhelming amounts of evidence collected over the past 250+ years in astronomy, physics, geology, biology, paleontology, genetics, etc..

Only those people who need it all to go away in order to maintain certain previously held chilishly ridiculous "literal and inerrant" delusions would ignore, reject, dismiss, disparage and LIE about it all.

I think your proclamation of "victory" is a bit premature.

Given that well over 85 percent of the people on the planet are still given to some sort of religious faith, I'd have to conclude from your statement that it must be a really small world after all. Anyhow, it appears you still have some work to do....

According to 2nd Corinthians 3:2, there are five gospels in the world. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the Epistle of ones own life.  Most people will probably never read the first four.

God desires that our lives would bear spiritual fruit - not religious nuts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2015 - 6:33PM #7

I read the end of the bible.  The Christians win. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2015 - 8:28PM #8
Midutch

Oct 3, 2015 -- 3:13PM, Upperlimits wrote:

the EVIDENCE.

Given that well over 85 percent of the people on the planet are still given to some sort of religious faith, I'd have to conclude from your statement that it must be a really small world after all. Anyhow, it appears you still have some work to do....

I think your prooclamation about what I said is a bit ... wrong.

The vast majority of those 85 percent of the people on the planet who have religious faith have NO problem with science.

Odd that you don't know that.

Hint: it's mostly just the fundagelic xristians here in the USofA and the fundaradical muslims in the Middle East who are still living in 400 BC where science is concerned.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2015 - 8:29PM #9
Midutch

Oct 3, 2015 -- 6:33PM, 57 wrote:

I read the end of the bible.  The Christians win. 

You keep telling yourself that. It's about all you have.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2015 - 8:43PM #10
Roymond

Oct 3, 2015 -- 3:13PM, Upperlimits wrote:

the EVIDENCE.

Given that probably 85% of the religious people of the world accept science as telling us what God did/does, your accusation of blindness is more than a little off.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 20  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook