Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Switch to Forum Live View How to tell floods from The Flood
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2013 - 11:06AM #101
McAtheist

iam: The Flood of Noah's time covered the whole earth, McAthesit!!!

Yes, this is your claim --- or to talk to you in your own language --- this is your claim!!!!!

LOL

But the question I keep asking and that you continue to fail to answer is: by what criteria do YECs determine if some land feature was formed by Noah's flood and not by some other marine event?  

Do you just assume it is and to hell with any data or evidence?  Yeah, that sounds pretty scientific! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2013 - 11:10AM #102
McAtheist

d_p_m, EarthScientist and House of David ----

Thanks for bringing some authentic geologic expertise to this question.  I doubt your patience and diligence will have much affect on the YECs here, but I learn a lot from you folks.  So

+1000 to your posts

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2013 - 9:31AM #103
vra

Like with the creation accounts, the flood account was taken from the Babylonians and modified to reflect Jewish values.  Eretz Israel did not experience floods in biblical times, but the Babylonians certainly did as the Tigris and Euphrates and their tributaries often overflowed during the rainy season (late winter).

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2013 - 5:32PM #104
McAtheist

And surprise, surprise!  No YEC has been able to tell us by what criteria they determine if a sedimentary rock layer was created by Noah's flood or some other event.

It's almost like there really IS no YEC model ---- like they just make crap up.  Of course, that's what we should expect from people who think fixing a lawn mower is equivalent to researching molecular biology.

Undecided

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2013 - 12:12PM #105
McAtheist

Iam is again talking about how different YEC "scientists" have different notions about what parts of the geologic column were formed by Noah's flood.

Since this is evidently a hot topic in YEC "research", why can't Iam tell us how these "scientists" determine if a sedimentary layer was deposited by Noah's flood?  What criteria are used?

I'm betting that the "researcher" in question simply picks what layers came from the flood on the basis of what best supports the completely made-up product he is trying to sell.

Prove me wrong Iam --- bet you can't.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2013 - 2:21PM #106
vra

Common geological sense should tell anyone that a massive flood would mix up strata to the point whereas the layers would become indistinguishable.  And if such a flood supposedly would occur, then heavier items would settle more to the bottom and lighter objects more towards the top.  Therefore, near or at the bottom we should expect to see heavy-wooded trees, such as oak, hickory, etc., and then find much lighter items such as single-celled protozoa at the top.  Also, the dating of these layers would be pretty much the same since they would be pretty well mixed.

Is this what we find?  

No.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook