Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 6 of 18  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Creationists: Why are apes so similar to humans?
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2012 - 12:36PM #51
d_p_m

Jun 27, 2012 -- 11:59AM, wohali wrote:

D_P_M, don't forget:

Djinn, most dragons, gryphons, some carpets, harpies, Mothra, Rodan, also all fly in mythology.

Angels sure don't have an exclusive.

Yes, and broomsticks. Don't forget the broomsticks.

Oh, oh, and monkeys! I've got textual proof for the monkeys. One of my friends has a T-shirt that says "Don't make me get my flying monkeys", and she's an authority on them because she's a Witch!

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."
― Niels Bohr

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
-- Albert Einstein

"If one is going to engage with the primordial forces of darkness, one must expect a bit of social awkwardness."
-- Penny Dreadful, season one, episode two
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2012 - 1:58PM #52
Midutch

D_P_M, don't forget:

Djinn, most dragons, gryphons, some carpets, harpies, Mothra, Rodan, also all fly in mythology.

Don't forget Gamera ... the big flying turtle. He was my favorite :)

"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2012 - 3:29PM #53
MMarcoe

Jun 26, 2012 -- 8:16PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

iama:  Biblically, "spiritual" refers to the relationship of human beings to the realm of the Spirit Who created us. 

That doesn't exclude animals, however. They still have spirituality.

As eternal beings, we were created to be in relationship with our Creator-God and to eventually dwell in another realm, which is the realm of the spirit.  That is why human beings are not animals, but human beings who were given not just DNA life, but soul life and spirit life.  Animals were only given DNA life and soul life.

I don't know where you get this from. Is it written in the Bible? I mean, literally and directly?

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is the original nothingness of the universe.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2012 - 6:01PM #54
steven_guy

Jun 27, 2012 -- 1:58PM, Midutch wrote:

D_P_M, don't forget:

Don't forget Gamera ... the big flying turtle. He was my favorite :)

Okay, Gamera was pretty cool, I'll pay that, but what about Mothra? And Mothra had a very endearing little song, too!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRct_nTop30&feat...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 11:58PM #55
Ed_3

I was looking at the Jane Goodall Institute of Canada website and found one page that features Physical Characteristics of chimpanzees, and it makes me wonder why a creator God would create an animal that had similar physical features and characteristic to his 'crown' creation who was uniquely made in His image. Features such as hands and fingers. I mean, what does a dumb animal need with hands and fingers?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 10:13AM #56
Midutch

Jun 28, 2012 -- 11:58PM, Ed_3 wrote:

I was looking at the Jane Goodall Institute of Canada website and found one page that features Physical Characteristics of chimpanzees, and it makes me wonder why a creator God would create an animal that had similar physical features and characteristic to his 'crown' creation who was uniquely made in His image. Features such as hands and fingers. I mean, what does a dumb animal need with hands and fingers?

Heck, what does "god" need with hands and fingers?

"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 5:23PM #57
rsielin

The latest issue of PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, for those creationists not familiar or afraid of any real academic science journals) is a special on "Evolution and the Human Brain".  Check out the fascinating cover photo. From there you will find links to no less than eighteen current peer reviewed research publications.

www.pnas.org/content/109/suppl.1.toc

Welcome to the real world of science all you creationists. Come play with the adults if you dare to match intellects. LOL

I suppose our creationist friends are totally unaware what professional peer review is and means to real science as all they know are their creationist mouthpieces for science lies. That's to their intellectual loss not ours. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 11:53PM #58
Slipnish

Jun 29, 2012 -- 5:23PM, rsielin wrote:

Welcome to the real world of science all you creationists. Come play with the adults if you dare to match intellects. LOL

I suppose our creationist friends are totally unaware as all they know are lies.   their intellectual loss not ours. 

FTFY

I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it.

~Any Creationist~
(But honestly Douglas Adams)

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2012 - 9:36AM #59

Jun 25, 2012 -- 11:33AM, JCarlin wrote:

Jun 25, 2012 -- 8:43AM, 57 wrote:

From your article:

Humans uniquely have complex vocal chords, allowing us a great range of sounds...

Thanks for checking out the article. 

Now, spend a couple of years learning the genetics of transcription factors, and then study the FOXP2 transcription factor responsible for vocalizations in most vertibrates including humans, birds, mice, etc.  It seems that a single modification in that transcription factor is responsible for human vocalization.  While it is not definitive yet, it is a better theory than magic. 

A single modification???  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2012 - 10:54AM #60
rsielin

Jun 30, 2012 -- 9:36AM, 57 wrote:

A single modification???

The empirical evidence clearly shows "all that’s necessary, if not a single mutation, is an extremely short series of individually beneficial but unrelated steps."

Got any real empirical evidence yourself? ROTFLMFAO

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 18  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook