Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View YECS: Why Can’t God Make Mutations Add Up?
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 3:02PM #1
MMarcoe
Posts: 15,744

For all the YECs who point out the alleged impossibilities of macroevolution because of this or that, or the odds, or whatever, why can’t you acknowledge that God can step in and work his magic to make them work? Doesn't God get involved in his own creation?

It seems to me you are trying to make YEC work without God, as though you’re trying to push God out of the picture.

Yes, I think that’s what it is. I think you don't really want God around.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 3:43PM #2
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,345

Jun 24, 2012 -- 3:02PM, MMarcoe wrote:



For all the YECs who point out the alleged impossibilities of macroevolution because of this or that, or the odds, or whatever, why can’t you acknowledge that God can step in and work his magic to make them work? Doesn't God get involved in his own creation?

It seems to me you are trying to make YEC work without God, as though you’re trying to push God out of the picture.

Yes, I think that’s what it is. I think you don't really want God around.



iama:  I think you want your own "created god," so that  you can think that you are in control of everything!


.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 3:53PM #3
rsielin
Posts: 4,155

Jun 24, 2012 -- 3:43PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

iama:  I think you want your own "created god," so that  you can think that you are in control of everything!


If truth be known, haven't you Iama, created your own god through your idolitry of your Bible? For sure, yours is certainly different than the God of most other Christians. 


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 4:53PM #4
MMarcoe
Posts: 15,744

Jun 24, 2012 -- 3:43PM, iamachildofhis wrote:


Jun 24, 2012 -- 3:02PM, MMarcoe wrote:



For all the YECs who point out the alleged impossibilities of macroevolution because of this or that, or the odds, or whatever, why can’t you acknowledge that God can step in and work his magic to make them work? Doesn't God get involved in his own creation?

It seems to me you are trying to make YEC work without God, as though you’re trying to push God out of the picture.

Yes, I think that’s what it is. I think you don't really want God around.



iama:  I think you want your own "created god," so that  you can think that you are in control of everything!


.





So you want to have your own created god, eh? That's what I figured. You take God out of YEC so you can control him.


Meanwhile, my question goes unanswered -- why do you not want God to get involved in biology so that he can do his thing?


 

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 5:09PM #5
57
Posts: 21,970

Jun 24, 2012 -- 3:02PM, MMarcoe wrote:


For all the YECs who point out the alleged impossibilities of macroevolution because of this or that, or the odds, or whatever, why can’t you acknowledge that God can step in and work his magic to make them work? Doesn't God get involved in his own creation?

It seems to me you are trying to make YEC work without God, as though you’re trying to push God out of the picture.

Yes, I think that’s what it is. I think you don't really want God around.




Funny that you would present such a post...and be against intelligent design.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 5:12PM #6
57
Posts: 21,970

Jun 24, 2012 -- 4:53PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Meanwhile, my question goes unanswered -- why do you not want God to get involved in biology so that he can do his thing?


 




As pointed out to you on another board...God said He didn't do it that way.



It is quite clear to me that it is you who is forcing God into your beliefs.


God said He formed Eve from Adams rib...you say He didn't.


God said Eve is the mother of all....you say she isn't.


...the list goes on...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 6:05PM #7
rsielin
Posts: 4,155

Jun 24, 2012 -- 5:12PM, 57 wrote:

As pointed out to you on another board...God said He didn't do it that way.


Silly, you can't learn any science from your Bible.  If your God is the correct one as you say, then clearly you have misunderstood what your God actually meant cause you've got your science all wrong.  LOL



Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 6:30PM #8
udcstb
Posts: 2,775

Jun 24, 2012 -- 5:12PM, 57 wrote:

As pointed out to you on another board...God said He didn't do it that way.


Yes, we know. God said He did it like this ...



"As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 6:38PM #9
Midutch
Posts: 4,080

Jun 24, 2012 -- 5:12PM, 57 wrote:


Jun 24, 2012 -- 4:53PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Meanwhile, my question goes unanswered -- why do you not want God to get involved in biology so that he can do his thing?


As pointed out to you on another board...God said He didn't do it that way.


God said no such thing.


That was a bunch of bronze age, goat herders sitting around a campfire, making up fairy tales that you've turned into a "literal and inerrant" ABYSMAL FAILURE.

"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 6:48PM #10
McAtheist
Posts: 7,853

iama:  I think you want your own "created god," so that  you can think that you are in control of everything!


And I think you failed to answer the question, surprise surprise.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook