Post Reply
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Think of it as a crib sheet...
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 12:34AM #1
Oncomintrain
Posts: 2,975
An extremely user-friendly guide to logical fallacies.

For those times that you KNOW something is fishy, but you don't have a name for it... well, now you do. From ad hom to special pleading, it is all in there.

Just thought this might come in handy here... once in a while. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 3:06PM #2
57
Posts: 22,132

A logical fallacy is believing mutations can add up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 3:31PM #3
rsielin
Posts: 4,182

Apr 28, 2012 -- 3:06PM, 57 wrote:


A logical fallacy is believing mutations can add up.



Another appeal to ignorance because 57 says Jesus said so. LOL

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 3:46PM #4
Oncomintrain
Posts: 2,975

Apr 28, 2012 -- 3:06PM, 57 wrote:


A logical fallacy is believing mutations can add up.




Oh SNAP!


With zingers like that, 57, we might as well give up now. We can't possibly keep up with your remarkable wit and intelligence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 7:17AM #5
57
Posts: 22,132

...any time you want too..feel free to show us how mutations add up. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 8:10AM #6
rsielin
Posts: 4,182

Apr 29, 2012 -- 7:17AM, 57 wrote:

...any time you want too..feel free to show us how mutations add up.


Lookie, our creationist friend is back to drive by taunts and insults. He wears nary a stitch of empirical evidence, so he really can't compete on the clothed in knowledge academic level. This is all he's got. Clear sign of a defeated creationist.  ROTFLMAO


Pretty foolish and sophomoric MO, wouldn't you think. 


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 8:46AM #7
57
Posts: 22,132

Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:10AM, rsielin wrote:


Apr 29, 2012 -- 7:17AM, 57 wrote:

...any time you want too..feel free to show us how mutations add up.


Lookie, our creationist friend is back to drive by taunts and insults. He wears nary a stitch of empirical evidence, so he really can't compete on the clothed in knowledge academic level. This is all he's got. Clear sign of a defeated creationist.  ROTFLMAO


Pretty foolish and sophomoric MO, wouldn't you think. 





I will present that question until it is answered.  


It truly is amazing how it has gone unanswered for so long.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 8:49AM #8
amcolph
Posts: 17,157

Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:46AM, 57 wrote:


Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:10AM, rsielin wrote:


Apr 29, 2012 -- 7:17AM, 57 wrote:

...any time you want too..feel free to show us how mutations add up.


Lookie, our creationist friend is back to drive by taunts and insults. He wears nary a stitch of empirical evidence, so he really can't compete on the clothed in knowledge academic level. This is all he's got. Clear sign of a defeated creationist.  ROTFLMAO


Pretty foolish and sophomoric MO, wouldn't you think. 





I will present that question until it is answered.  


It truly is amazing how it has gone unanswered for so long.




What's amazing is how long you have pretended that it hasn't been answered.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 8:58AM #9
57
Posts: 22,132

Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:49AM, amcolph wrote:


Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:46AM, 57 wrote:


Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:10AM, rsielin wrote:


Apr 29, 2012 -- 7:17AM, 57 wrote:

...any time you want too..feel free to show us how mutations add up.


Lookie, our creationist friend is back to drive by taunts and insults. He wears nary a stitch of empirical evidence, so he really can't compete on the clothed in knowledge academic level. This is all he's got. Clear sign of a defeated creationist.  ROTFLMAO


Pretty foolish and sophomoric MO, wouldn't you think. 





I will present that question until it is answered.  


It truly is amazing how it has gone unanswered for so long.




What's amazing is how long you have pretended that it hasn't been answered.




If it truly has been answered....like you claim....the answer should be readily available on the internet.  But guess what amcolph?  You evos can't answer the question...which explains why it is not readily available....and you claim I'm pretending?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 9:14AM #10
rsielin
Posts: 4,182

Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:58AM, 57 wrote:

If it truly has been answered....like you claim....the answer should be readily available on the internet.  But guess what amcolph?  You evos can't answer the question...which explains why it is not readily available....and you claim I'm pretending?



Give up the game, 57. It IS all readily available on the internet. But better yet, it's repleat throughout all the peer reviewed biological sciences research literature. You need to put down your children's storybooks and get into the real science.


So yes, you are pretending.  And it's a clear defense mechanism against the overwhelming empirical evidence supporting evolution science.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook