Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Go where the data leads....
2 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 2:59PM #11
newchurchguy

And - not only is formal information determining events - prior in time, but the results I was expecting are now going into peer review.  They can be causal in a future time.  Previous papers, had implied this (and I admit, I was in hook,line and sinker) but now they have done the DoE and have solid data.

Physicists of the group of Prof. Anton Zeilinger at the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI), the University of Vienna, and the Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology (VCQ) have, for the first time, demonstrated in an experiment that the decision whether two particles were in an entangled or in a separable quantum state can be made even after these particles have been measured and may no longer exist. Their results will be published this week in the journal Nature Physics

phys.org/news/2012-04-quantum-physics-mi...

How I would say this - is the effects of information structuring is causal (in a very limited sense) both before and after a physical event.  My view and statement are to be taken as my opinion only.

editing removed a paragaph that was entered twice. RK

Moderated by rangerken on May 02, 2012 - 12:27AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook