Page 8 of 53  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 53 Next
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 1:03PM #71
Ken

May 2, 2012 -- 12:52PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

May 1, 2012 -- 7:04PM, steven_guy wrote:

Now, back to the topic. We can see with our naked eyes stars and galaxies much greater than 6,000 light years away. M.31 in Andromeda is nearly 3 million light years away.

Young Earth Creationists should explain why we can see them here in this thread. I don't know about anyone else, but I won't be following any links to any Creationist websites. So if you're a YEC you will have to explain the problem of distant objects being visible in your own words

There is an "event horizon" which has been erected in the Australian city of Adelaide, Wednesday and Thursday of this week.  The "event horizon" is in the mind of the poster, and  has been placed against CMI, and is preventing attendance.

Please follow Steven's instructions. Answer his question and do so entirely in your own words. Address the question directly. Do not tell cute stories about footprints. Do not preach Christian doctrine. Do not link to CMI.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 3:57PM #72
Ken

May 2, 2012 -- 10:02AM, d_p_m wrote:

May 2, 2012 -- 7:37AM, Ken wrote:

Now, back to the topic. We can see with our naked eyes stars and galaxies much greater than 6,000 light years away. M.31 in Andromeda is nearly 3 million light years away.

Young Earth Creationists should explain why we can see them here in this thread.

They can't. A light year is the distance that light travels in one earth year. If the universe were only six thousand years old, it would be impossible for any photon to have travelled further than six thousand light years. Nevertheless, we know for a fact that many photons have travelled far greater distances than that.  As impossibilities cannot occur, the universe must be much more than six thousand years old. It must be billions of years old. This in itself is sufficient to disprove Young Earth Creationism, thereby removing it forever from the serious consideration of all rational minds.    

This, of course, leads to nonsense like Satterfield's 'speed of light decay', 'the flood changed the speed of light' and 'the universe only looks more than 6,000 LY in radius.

Creationists have the odd idea that you can make anything happen as long as you pour enough water on it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 4:15PM #73
steven_guy

May 2, 2012 -- 1:03PM, Ken wrote:

May 2, 2012 -- 12:52PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

Young Earth Creationists should explain why we can see them here in this thread. I don't know about anyone else, but I won't be following any links to any Creationist websites. So if you're a YEC you will have to explain the problem of distant objects being visible in your own words

There is an "event horizon" which has been erected in the Australian city of Adelaide, Wednesday and Thursday of this week.  The "event horizon" is in the mind of the poster, and  has been placed against CMI, and is preventing attendance.

Please follow Steven's instructions. Answer his question and do so entirely in your own words. Address the question directly. Do not tell cute stories about footprints. Do not preach Christian doctrine. Do not link to CMI.

Thank you, Ken.

Iamachildofhis, I will not be reading your copy/pasted material and I would urge others to ignore it too. Please explain in your own words why you still believe that the universe is a mere six thousand years old when we can clearly see light from objects much further than 6,000 light years away.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 4:43PM #74
d_p_m

May 2, 2012 -- 3:57PM, Ken wrote:

Creationists have the odd idea that you can make anything happen as long as you pour enough water on it.

How very true.

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."

― Niels Bohr

"One need only watch a few minutes of any Orphan Black episode to see why Tatiana Maslany deserves to win every acting award available."

—Mark Rozeman, http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2014/07/18-first-time-emmy-nominees-wed-like-to-see.html?a=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 9:48PM #75
iamachildofhis

May 2, 2012 -- 4:43PM, d_p_m wrote:

Ken: Creationists have the odd idea that you can make anything happen as long as you pour enough water on it.
d_p_m: How very true.

iama: Atheists think that they can get rid of truth by denying it!

How foolish!

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 9:59PM #76
steven_guy

May 2, 2012 -- 9:48PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

May 2, 2012 -- 4:43PM, d_p_m wrote:

Ken: Creationists have the odd idea that you can make anything happen as long as you pour enough water on it.
d_p_m: How very true.

iama: Atheists think that they can get rid of truth by denying it!

How foolish!

You want to know what foolish is? Foolish is going out at night and looking at great spiral galaxy M.31 in Andromeda and having three million year old photons entering one's eye and belligerently refusing to believe it because some silly myth written in an ancient book by ignorant savages.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 10:01PM #77
iamachildofhis

steven_guy: Now, back to the topic. We can see with our naked eyes stars and galaxies much greater than 6,000 light years away. M.31 in Andromeda is nearly 3 million light years away.

Young Earth Creationists should explain why we can see them here -  in this thread. I don't know about anyone else, but I won't be following any links to any Creationist websites. So if you're a YEC you will have to explain the problem of distant objects being visible in your own words

iama:  Why would your problem of understanding be a problem for our Creator-God?

He is:

1. Omnipotent

2. Omnipresent

3. Omniscient!

Our Creator-God exists in the reality-realm of eternity, which has been closed to human beings since Adam chose to obey Satan rather than his Creator-God.

Christ Jesus entered into this physical-reality-realm ~2000 years ago, and returned there about 33 years later.

Once Christ Jesus had resurrected / returned to physical life and His resurrection body, He passed through the rock slab to the tomb, passed through locked doors, appeared and disappeared, ate food, showed His disciples the wounds from His crucifixion.

There is NO WAY that any finite human being is EVER going to be able to explain to you the answer to your problem!

My answers will never satisfy your, because you do not believe that you have a Creator-God!

Once you turn around / make an about face regarding your atheistic stance, you wil have your answer.

"With God all things are possible!"

Christ Jesus SPOKE to the storm on The Sea of Galilee, and immediately, there was calm!

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 10:17PM #78
steven_guy

May 2, 2012 -- 10:01PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

steven_guy: Now, back to the topic. We can see with our naked eyes stars and galaxies much greater than 6,000 light years away. M.31 in Andromeda is nearly 3 million light years away.

Young Earth Creationists should explain why we can see them here -  in this thread. I don't know about anyone else, but I won't be following any links to any Creationist websites. So if you're a YEC you will have to explain the problem of distant objects being visible in your own words

iama:  Why would your problem of understanding be a problem for our Creator-God?

"Our"? (blows loud raspberry)

He ("He"? He has a penis and testicles?) is:

1. Omnipotent 

Prove it.

2. Omnipresent

Prove it.

3. Omniscient!

Prove it.

Our Creator-God exists in the reality-realm of eternity, which has been closed to human beings since Adam chose to obey Satan rather than his Creator-God.

Prove it. And while you're at it, stop proselytising and answer the question I posed at the start of this thread.

Christ Jesus entered into this physical-reality-realm ~2000 years ago, and returned there about 33 years later.

Prove it. There is no evidence that Jesus Christ ever existed and if she or he ever existed, we know nothing about him or her.

Once Christ Jesus had resurrected / returned to physical life and His resurrection body, He passed through the rock slab to the tomb, passed through locked doors, appeared and disappeared, ate food, showed His disciples the wounds from His crucifixion.

Now you're just proselytising and blabbing on about nothing. If you have something to contribute to this thread, may I suggest that you start by answering the question.

There is NO WAY that any finite human being is EVER going to be able to explain to you the answer to your problem!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I asked is for you to explain why we can see objects further away than 6,000 light years. Come on, this should be a no-brainer for Creationists. You must have an answer. Remember! No copy pasting, because no one will be reading it. In your own words, please explain why we can see objects like the galaxy in the constellation of Andromeda when it is 3,000,000 light years away?

My answers will never satisfy your, because you do not believe that you have a Creator-God!

Would that possibly because you don't have an answer? There are plenty of theists who accept that the universe is 13.5 billion years old in fact most theists do.

Once you turn around / make an about face regarding your atheistic stance, you wil have your answer.

Tell that to theists like Amcolph and Wohali and Fish!

"With God all things are possible!"

That's not an answer, it is a cop out.

Christ Jesus SPOKE to the storm on The Sea of Galilee, and immediately, there was calm!

What has that nonsense got to do with the question of three million year old light being visible on earth?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 10:38PM #79
McAtheist

iam: My answers will never satisfy your, because you do not believe that you have a Creator-God!...Once you turn around / make an about face regarding your atheistic stance, you wil have your answer...."With God all things are possible!"...Christ Jesus SPOKE to the storm on The Sea of Galilee, and immediately, there was calm!

I would call this an appeal to magic and while it might make just dandy theology, there isn't anything remotely scientific about it.  

Why don't you guys just admit that YECism isn't based on evidence and isn't science and thus should never be taught in a science classroom?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 10:43PM #80
steven_guy

May 2, 2012 -- 10:38PM, McAtheist wrote:

iam: My answers will never satisfy your, because you do not believe that you have a Creator-God!...Once you turn around / make an about face regarding your atheistic stance, you wil have your answer...."With God all things are possible!"...Christ Jesus SPOKE to the storm on The Sea of Galilee, and immediately, there was calm!

I would call this an appeal to magic and while it might make just dandy theology, there isn't anything remotely scientific about it.  

Why don't you guys just admit that YECism isn't based on evidence and isn't science and thus should never be taught in a science classroom?

I don't think that they want it taught as science, they just want to "eff" up the teaching of science to children.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 53  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 53 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook