Post Reply
Page 2 of 11  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Floods are not the mechanism that produces fossils
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 3:15AM #11
steven_guy
Posts: 11,750

Apr 13, 2012 -- 2:22AM, iamachildofhis wrote:


Apr 6, 2012 -- 6:01PM, steven_guy wrote:



steven_guy: In Queensland, Australia, in 2011 and in 2012 there has been extensive and disastrous flood the summers of both years.

i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq79/Sociali...

Yet neither of these floods has produced any fossils, which we would expect if what Creationists say was true. We can only conclude that floods don't produce fossils, it is something else that causes fossilisation.
 
 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil



iama:  Fossilization is a rare occurrence!


Fossilization




It is a slow process and it isn't caused by floods.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 3:17AM #12
steven_guy
Posts: 11,750

Apr 13, 2012 -- 2:12AM, iamachildofhis wrote:


Apr 6, 2012 -- 6:01PM, steven_guy wrote:



steven_guy: In Queensland, Australia, in 2011 and in 2012 there has been extensive and disastrous flood the summers of both years.

i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq79/Sociali...

Yet neither of these floods has produced any fossils, which we would expect if what Creationists say was true. We can only conclude that floods don't produce fossils, it is something else that causes fossilisation.
 
 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil



iama:  I wonder what you think is required for the formation of a fossil?


Flood Explains 'Worldwide Pattern' in Ancient Rock


.




That link took me to those depraved liars and criminals, the ICR. I certainly won't click on any of your links again!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 8:57AM #13
57
Posts: 23,130

Apr 7, 2012 -- 8:45AM, Blü wrote:


57


Yeah, that represented Noahs flood.


When you've finished rolling on the floor, please be so kind as to bring us up to date with your Flood research.


Have you found that universal flood layer all over all continents dated to 2348 BCE yet?


Strawman argument Only the ignorant evos would expect that.


How about a genetic bottleneck in every species of land animal, each bottleneck dating to 2348 BCE?


Why would there be a bottleneck? 


How about that 1.113 billion cubic miles of extra water over and above what's already on the earth?


I can look it up for you....but if you were to flatten out the earth surface...how high would the water be?  Go ahead, google it. Post the answer. 


Nothing?  Not even one of them?


Gee, that means there was no Genesis flood!  And didn't you tell us that if there's no Genesis flood, bang goes your salvation, right out the window?  Yes, you did.


Can't have that.  Better look even harder, ol' buddy.


And do keep us posted.





Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 9:19AM #14
Midutch
Posts: 4,224

Apr 15, 2012 -- 8:57AM, 57 wrote:


Apr 7, 2012 -- 8:45AM, Blü wrote:


57


Yeah, that represented Noahs flood.


When you've finished rolling on the floor, please be so kind as to bring us up to date with your Flood research.


Have you found that universal flood layer all over all continents dated to 2348 BCE yet?


Strawman argument Only the ignorant evos would expect that.


Silly answer. YOUR side of the SCIENCE vs bronze age FAIRY TALES "debate" is the one that says that this "flood" supposedly occurred around that time. YOUR side of the SCIENCE vs bronze age FAIRY TALES "debate" is also the one that has been an ABYMAL FAILURE at producing any research or empirical evidence that demonstrates that this "flood" ever happened.


As for which side is ignorant ... pretty much everyone in the world knows which side that would be.


How about a genetic bottleneck in every species of land animal, each bottleneck dating to 2348 BCE?


Why would there be a bottleneck?


Because that is what happens when animal populatins become extremely small (to the point where they are in danger of remaining genetically viable). Unfortunately for you, YOUR side of the SCIENCE vs bronze age FAIRY TALES "debate" has NEVER, ever, demonstrated that ALL land organism populatons were reduced to either two or seven or eight individuals a few thousand years ago (or that it does, or even understands, science).


How about that 1.113 billion cubic miles of extra water over and above what's already on the earth?


I can look it up for you....but if you were to flatten out the earth surface...how high would the water be?  Go ahead, google it. Post the answer.


So, when are you "fundamentalist christian and muslim creationists" going to get around to demonstrationg that the Earth was ever flat as a billiard ball at some time in the past? Oh, wait. You guys don't do science, do you? All you do is make stuff up that is convincing to yourselves, so that you can maintain those bronze age fairy tale delusions, don't you?


Why is it so hard for you to admit that this is all that you "fundamentalist christian and muslim creationists" have ever had?


Nothing?  Not even one of them?


Gee, that means there was no Genesis flood!  And didn't you tell us that if there's no Genesis flood, bang goes your salvation, right out the window?  Yes, you did.


Can't have that.  Better look even harder, ol' buddy.


And do keep us posted.


 




"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 11:13AM #15
rsielin
Posts: 4,416

Apr 15, 2012 -- 8:57AM, 57 wrote:

Apr 7, 2012 -- 8:45AM, Blü wrote:

57


Yeah, that represented Noahs flood.


When you've finished rolling on the floor, please be so kind as to bring us up to date with your Flood research.


Have you found that universal flood layer all over all continents dated to 2348 BCE yet?


Strawman argument Only the ignorant evos would expect that.


How about a genetic bottleneck in every species of land animal, each bottleneck dating to 2348 BCE?


Why would there be a bottleneck? 


How about that 1.113 billion cubic miles of extra water over and above what's already on the earth?


I can look it up for you....but if you were to flatten out the earth surface...how high would the water be?  Go ahead, google it. Post the answer. 


Nothing?  Not even one of them?


Gee, that means there was no Genesis flood!  And didn't you tell us that if there's no Genesis flood, bang goes your salvation, right out the window?  Yes, you did.


Can't have that.  Better look even harder, ol' buddy.


And do keep us posted.



Of course, when it comes to evidence 57 has no response. He demands evidence of others, then refuses to provide any himself. So now what? He'll cite references that don’t support his claims. He'll make stuff up and hope no one will notice.


But mostly, he'll try to deflect attention away from the undeniable fact that he has absolutely no evidence with insults and taunts, then a hissy fit. But still he has no evidence. Fortunately, everyone sees through all of this desperate posturing.


Perhaps the he should consider the irreparable harm that he's doing to his anti-intellectual goals by being such good example of dishonesty and deceit. Perhaps then he might stop wasting his time in such a vain pursuit. Perhaps not.




Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 12:12PM #16
Midutch
Posts: 4,224

Apr 15, 2012 -- 11:13AM, rsielin wrote:

Perhaps the he should consider the irreparable harm that he's doing to his anti-intellectual goals by being such good example of dishonesty and deceit. Perhaps then he might stop wasting his time in such a vain pursuit. Perhaps not.


Well, I've been visiting this board for almost eight years. He's never indicated that he's ever thought about changing his ways and chances are that he's always been like that for as long as he's been a "fundamentalist christian creationist". I can't see him becoming any more honest at any time in the future.

"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 1:45PM #17
HouseofDavid
Posts: 603

Apr 13, 2012 -- 2:22AM, iamachildofhis wrote:

iama:  Fossilization is a rare occurrence!


And yet each time evidence is presented for the abundence of transitional species examples in the fossil record, the creationists ask for more intermediaries......

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 2:01PM #18
HouseofDavid
Posts: 603

Apr 15, 2012 -- 8:57AM, 57 wrote:

if you were to flatten out the earth surface...how high would the water be? 



1.  Flatten the earth ?  But the scriptures say that the ark came to rest on the MOUNTAINS of Ararat, not the PLAINS of Ararat.   Which is it ?


2. Some YECs want to believe that plate tectonics in the past 4,500 years have thrust up mountains like portrayed in Fantasia, during the scene when dinosaurs are gong extinct.  In a way, its not a bad portrayal of the orogeny that was occurring in the Rocky Mountain region 65 million years ago.  Had this actually occured, dont you think that cultures all over the world would have written, artisitic, and traditional oral records of the devastation occurring around them ?  


3.  Mountains and the sediments shed off then would look much different had they been thrust up in the past 4,500 years.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 2:02PM #19
57
Posts: 23,130

bumped...


How about that 1.113 billion cubic miles of extra water over and above what's already on the earth?


I can look it up for you....but if you were to flatten out the earth surface...how high would the water be?  Go ahead, google it. Post the answer.




Gee...no takers.   Go ahead my evo-friends...google it. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 2:06PM #20
57
Posts: 23,130

Apr 15, 2012 -- 2:01PM, HouseofDavid wrote:


Apr 15, 2012 -- 8:57AM, 57 wrote:

if you were to flatten out the earth surface...how high would the water be? 



1.  Flatten the earth ?  But the scriptures say that the ark came to rest on the MOUNTAINS of Ararat, not the PLAINS of Ararat.   Which is it ?


I noticed you failed to google it also. 


but anyway, recumbent folds in rock strata clearly indicate the strata was "soft" when folded.  The folding occurred when the formations of mountains occurred....then again you already knew that.


2. Some YECs want to believe that plate tectonics in the past 4,500 years have thrust up mountains like portrayed in Fantasia, during the scene when dinosaurs are gong extinct.  In a way, its not a bad portrayal of the orogeny that was occurring in the Rocky Mountain region 65 million years ago.  Had this actually occured, dont you think that cultures all over the world would have written, artisitic, and traditional oral records of the devastation occurring around them ?  


Do I need to present a list of cultures that have accounts of a great flood ?  You should have thunk about that prior to posting the rhetoric you just posted.


Why is it that no creationist


3.  Mountains and the sediments shed off then would look much different had they been thrust up in the past 4,500 years.


Would they? 





Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 11  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook