Post Reply
Page 10 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Floods are not the mechanism that produces fossils
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 3:45PM #91
steven_guy
Posts: 11,751

I think it would be fair to say that no YECs here have even began to make an argument that a single flood could have formed the entire geological column and all they've done is hysterically wave their arms around and make baseless assertions. 


I think it is pretty clear that there was no global flood and that the story is preposterous.


The only damage the YECs are doing is to the reputation of Christianity. They haven't managed to lay a finger on science and reason.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 5:05PM #92
McAtheist
Posts: 8,259

57: Keep in mind the bible does not suggest a completely smooth topography of the planet earth.


Keep in mind that there isn't a single shred of evidence to suggest that mountain ranges like the Himalayas were created in the last 4K years.  Keep in mind that there isn't a shred of evidence that any flood of any kind could produce the perfectly sorted fossil record we find in the real world.  Keep in mind that there isn't a shred of evidence that all modern species were reduced to a breeding pair (or a handful) anytime in their history, let alon in the last 4K years.  Keep in mind that there isn't a shred of evidence that one breeding pair of "big cats" could produce all the various kinds of modern big cats in the numerous locations and numbers in the time allowed by the YEC myths and actual historical records. 


Or to summarize: keep in mind that YECism is nothing more than a handful of myths based on an oversimplified reading of the Bible and wholly unsupported by fact.


LOL

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 8:06PM #93
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,675

Apr 23, 2012 -- 8:57AM, Sigmund wrote:



steven_guy: So, before the global flood, the earth was a featureless sphere - covered in dinosaurs, kangaroos, mountain goats, coral reefs, kangaroos, polar bears, penguins, blue whales, mountain lions, moles, elephants and forests?


Yeah, right.


iama: RIGHT!


...


7. That means, certainly, that there were NO MOUNTAINS containing the fossil remains which, currently, do exist.  If there were mountains, they were not existing, containing the catastrophically deposited fossil remains in faulted and folded mountain sedimentary layers - even at their highest peaks!


...


36. Psalm 104:6-9 describes the mountain and valley building:


Psa 104:6-9
"You covered it (the Earth) with the deep as [with] a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. At Your rebuke they fled; at the voice of Your thunder they hasted away. They (the waters) go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them. Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth."


Sigmund: Your bolded line above disproves your claims. If "the waters stood above the mountains" then the mountains logically must have already existed.



iama: I answer that in the following:


iama: 37.  Visualize the mountains, which, today, are made up of The Flood deposited sediments, faulted and folded, containing the pre-The Flood life-forms destroyed by The Flood, gradually rising.  This rising of the land's surface would increase the height of the waters, UNTIL the mountains broke the surface of the waters. Then, as those mountain surfaces broke the water's surface, they would begin to be sculpted by those waters, and the resulting erosional material carried downward toward the deepening ocean basins.


Sigmund: This makes no sense. If the "rising mountains" were made up of soft sediments, most of the sediments would slump away as the "mountain" got higher (try pushing a pile of dirt up through swirling water and see what happens). What would remain when the "mountain" finally broke the surface would be the underlying rock, which would not be able to worn down by the flood waters, at least in the time available. 



iama:  You are forgetting the processes which cause sedimentary layers to become sedimentary rock.  Also, sedimentary rocks can become metamorphic rocks.  The pressures caused by the mountain-building activities, also, must be considered.  Notice the effect of pressures increasing as the layers continue to build on top of other sedimentary layers.  Have you ever driven through the mountain ranges of North America?  If so, recall the width of the valleys through which the highway took you.  There is no way that in 6,000 years the size of the present day rivers in these mountain valleys, carved out all of those sediments which are evidently gone from those rising mountains.  The more recent sedimentary layers (top) would have been the least solidified.


These two websites give good explanations for how the loose sediments would have become solidified sedimentary or metamorphic rock.  (NOTE: ignore the speculation-long-ages!)


Sedimentary Rock - wiki


Diagenesis




Pressure solution at work in a clastic rock. While material dissolves at places where grains are in contact, material crystallizes from the solution (as cement) in open pore spaces. This means there is a net flow of material from areas under high stress to those under low stress. As a result, the rock becomes more compact and harder. Loose sand can become sandstone in this way.




The term diagenesis is used to describe all the chemical, physical, and biological changes, including cementation, undergone by a sediment after its initial deposition, exclusive of surface weathering. Some of these processes cause the sediment to consolidate: a compact, solid substance forms out of loose material. Young sedimentary rocks, especially those of Quaternary age (the most recent period of the geologic time scale) are often still unconsolidated. As sediment deposition builds up, the overburden (or lithostatic) pressure rises and a process known as lithification takes place.


Sedimentary rocks are often saturated with seawater or groundwater, in which minerals can dissolve or from which minerals can precipitate. Precipitating minerals reduce the pore space in a rock, a process called cementation. Due to the decrease in pore space, the original connate fluids are expelled. The precipitated minerals form a cement and make the rock more compact and competent. In this way, loose clasts in a sedimentary rock can become "glued" together.


When sedimentation continues, an older rock layer becomes buried deeper as a result. The lithostatic pressure in the rock increases due to the weight of the overlying sediment. This causes compaction, a process in which grains mechanical reorganize. Compaction is, for example, an important diagenetic process in clay, which can initially consist of 60% water. During compaction, this interstitial water is pressed out of pore spaces. Compacation can also be the result of dissolution of grains by pressure solution. The dissolved material precipitates again in open pore spaces, which means there is a nett flow of material into the pores. However, in some cases a certain mineral dissolves and not precipitate again. This process is called leaching and increases pore space in the rock.


Some biochemical processes, like the activity of bacteria, can affect minerals in a rock and are therefore seen as part of diagenesis. Fungi and plants (by their roots) and various other organisms that live beneath the surface can also influence diagenesis.


Burial of rocks due to ongoing sedimentation leads to increased pressure and temperature, which stimulates certain chemical reactions. An example is the reactions by which organic material becomes lignite or coal. When temperature and pressure increase still further, the realm of diagenesis makes way for metamorphism, the process that forms metamorphic rock.


Metamorphism



Sigmund: I've asked you this several times but you have never responded. If, as you claim, the mountains of the world were uplifted during the flood:


1. What stopped the "rapid uplift" process? What is your evidence?



iama:  You would, also, want to know "What started the 'rapid uplift' process?"  The Bible states that the ocean basins were deepened so that the waters moving off of the rising mountains would have a place to reside.  



Psa 104:6-9
1. The Flood: "You covered it (the Earth) with the deep (the waters) as [with] a garment:"


2. The Flood waters cover the rising mountains: "the waters (covering the sedimentary rock layers) stood above the mountains (which are beginning to up-lift beneath the water-surface)."


3. God spoke and the waters begin to recede off of the surface: "At Your rebuke they fled;"


4. God spoke and the waters moved quickly: "at the voice of Your thunder they hasted away."


5. The mountains are rising up beneath The Flood waters: "They go up by the mountains;"


6. The mountains have broken The Flood waters' surface and erosion of the softer sediments occurs: "they go down by the valleys"


7. The ocean basins are deepening: "unto the place which You have founded for them."


8. The shores of the continents will contain the ocean waters: "You have set a bound that they may not pass over;"


9. The whole Earth will never be completely inundated, again: that they turn not again to cover the earth."


iama: If you look at a relief map of the world, you will notice how some of the mountain ranges are adjacent to the oceans or other bodies of water. Notice, also, the boundaries of the the tectonic plates with respect to the mountain ranges:  


Mountain Building Map


Plate Tectonics Map


Plate Tectonics Map


All of the dates which are given in these websites are derived from the long-age-speculations. Read the dates as having taken place during and following the year-long The Flood of Noah's time - ~4,500 years ago.  


If you are wondering about Noah's family and the animals on The Ark, stop worrying.  Our Creator-God had promised to care for them, and He is able to keep that promise. Our Creator-God can handle it!


Another Plate Techtonic Map


"If you want to find a plate boundary, follow the earthquakes. Plates are internally rigid and move about the Earth’s surface without deforming very much, so most of the world’s tectonic activity occurs at the boundaries where different plates interact with each other."


Pangea (?) Fossil Map


Alfred Wegenger


Marine Science


iama: You will notice in the Psalm 104 Scripture that our Creator-God SPOKE, just as He did during the Genesis 1 Days of Creation.  The waters begin to move off of the continents, BECAUSE the mountain up-lift is taking place, and as long as the mountains remain BENEATH the waters' surface, the waters will continue to rise.  Once the mountains break through the surface of The Flood waters, erosion of the mountains increases, and as the waters lower, valleys are formed.  Our Creator-God SPEAKS and the ocean basins are formed / deepen.


You may recall that water can absorb a lot of heat, and that it gives up that heat slowly.  That fact is speculated by creation scientists as the cause of the Ice Age.


Whatever it was that our Creator-God did to cause the breakup of Pangaea, and the formation of teh ~12 tectonic plates, with their spreading apart and forming new oceanic crust at the ridges and rifts, they have stopped / slowed down, because there is an equilibrium between the plates and the weights of the continents and waters.


Sigmund: 2. What started the current "slow uplift" process that we see today? What is your evidence?



iama: Our Creator-God SPOKE and something was triggered!  Genesis states that "the fountains of the great deep were all broken up." Today, as is stated above, there are volcanoes related to the subduction zones of these 12 tectonic plates.  Pangaea breaking up is related to the locations of these plates, and the mountain ranges are adjacent to these subduction zones.  We know that particles in the atmosphere are condensation nuclei for the formation of rain drops.  The opening up of the "great deep" is mentioned first in Genesis, followed by the "windows of heaven." Volcanic material can become condensation nuclei for the formation of rain drops, which is mentioned second in Genesis.


When our Creator-God began The Flood, there was NOTHING which was slow, likely. Everything happened rapidly.  These process have become slower the longer we are away from The Flood's catastrophic parameters.


Sigmund: 3. If you believe that they are both the same process, what slowed the "rapid uplift" process down until it equaled the "slow uplift" process we see and measure today? What is your evidence?



iama:  As stated, above, there is greater equilibrium regarding the tectonic forces, today, than there was during The Flood, and increasingly less as time moved on.


.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 8:35PM #94
d_p_m
Posts: 9,992

Apr 23, 2012 -- 8:06PM, iamachildofhis wrote:


These two websites give good explanations for how the loose sediments would have become solidified sedimentary or metamorphic rock.  (NOTE: ignore the speculation-long-ages!)


* * *


Sedimentary Rock - wiki


* * *


Metamorphism


* * *


All of the dates which are given in these websites are derived from the long-age-speculations. Read the dates as having taken place during and following the year-long The Flood of Noah's time - ~4,500 years ago. 





No, no, no, .... no. A thousand times no. You can't prove YECism by quoting real data but rewriting any part of it you disagree with.


Geologic dates are what they are for very good and precise reasons. Trying to collapse several billion years into one year destroys the relationships that make the science true.


Science is not 'what I want it to be'. Science is about what really is. You can't arbitrarily change the results.


There is not a sane, competent, honest geolgical scientist in the world that will tell you the earth is only a few millions of years old, or less. Not one. Anyone who tells you different is either not sane, not competent, not telling the truth, or not a geological scientist.










Apr 23, 2012 -- 8:06PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

If you are wondering about Noah's family and the animals on The Ark, stop worrying.  Our Creator-God had promised to care for them, and He is able to keep that promise. Our Creator-God can handle it! 




And when all else fails, fall back on 'Goddidit'. And it's not 'our god'. It's 'your god' and most of us, including most Christians, don't believe your 'God' exists.

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."

― Niels Bohr



"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

-- Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 8:45PM #95
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Apr 23, 2012 -- 8:06PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

These two websites give good explanations for how the loose sediments would have become solidified sedimentary or metamorphic rock.  (NOTE: ignore the speculation-long-ages!)


No. If you accept the explanations, you must accept the long ages as well. If you don't accept the long ages, you may not accept the explanations either. It's all or nothing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 8:53PM #96
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,675

Apr 23, 2012 -- 8:35PM, d_p_m wrote:



iama: These two websites give good explanations for how the loose sediments would have become solidified sedimentary or metamorphic rock.  (NOTE: ignore the speculation-long-ages!)


* * *


Sedimentary Rock - wiki


* * *


Metamorphism


* * *


All of the dates which are given in these websites are derived from the long-age-speculations. Read the dates as having taken place during and following the year-long The Flood of Noah's time - ~4,500 years ago. 




d_p_m: No, no, no, .... no. A thousand times no. You can't prove YECism by quoting real data but rewriting any part of it you disagree with.


Geologic dates are what they are for very good and precise reasons. Trying to collapse several billion years into one year destroys the relationships that make the science true.


Science is not 'what I want it to be'. Science is about what really is. You can't arbitrarily change the results.


There is not a sane, competent, honest geolgical scientist in the world that will tell you the earth is only a few millions of years old, or less. Not one. Anyone who tells you different is either not sane, not competent, not telling the truth, or not a geological scientist.




iama: d_p_m, do you know the reality history of every particle of sedimentary material which, currently, exists in the sedimentary layers of The Earth?  No you don't! All that  you know is that the bottom layers, rationally, must have been laid down before any layers which, currently exist, above. 


You keep defending the currently used dating methods, and you have absolutely no idea of the history of ANY of the sedimentary particles which exist, or how they, individually, came to exist, where they are, now, located.


Geologic dates are derived by geologists holding to the presuppositions of LONG AGES being required to deposit those sediments.  Those presuppositions are WRONG!


Science CAN'T be true is it is based upon WRONG presuppositions!


You need to take to heart your own claim, "Science is not 'what I want it to be'. Science is about what really is. You can't arbitrarily change the results."


What you are stating, above, is correct, and scientists who have derived their long-ages, and who are refusing to revise them, are not following where the science leads, but their own interpretations of the data, according to their worldview-held-presuppositions. That is NOT how science should be being conducted!




iama: If you are wondering about Noah's family and the animals on The Ark, stop worrying.  Our Creator-God had promised to care for them, and He is able to keep that promise. Our Creator-God can handle it! 


d_p_m: And when all else fails, fall back on 'Goddidit'. And it's not 'our god'. It's 'your god' and most of us, including most Christians, don't believe your 'God' exists.



iama: Since our Creator-God, does exist, we would be fools to ignore Him!


.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 9:08PM #97
steven_guy
Posts: 11,751

Every time you call evolution and modern scientific understanding of natural history a "speculation", Iamachildofhis, you effectively bang a couple more nails into the coffin of Christianity and turn a couple of Christians into atheists. 


You advocacy is one of the most successful campaigns for atheism I've ever seen and a very sober warning to all theists.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 9:52PM #98
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Apr 23, 2012 -- 8:53PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

Geologic dates are derived by geologists holding to the presuppositions of LONG AGES being required to deposit those sediments.  Those presuppositions are WRONG!



They are not "presuppositions" and they are not wrong. They are conclusions and they are the hardest of facts. You cannot reject them without rejecting science in its entirety. And that's exactly what you want to do. Like all creationists, you want to impose a new Dark Ages upon the world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 10:02AM #99
Sigmund
Posts: 1,305

Apr 23, 2012 -- 8:06PM, iamachildofhis wrote:


Apr 23, 2012 -- 8:57AM, Sigmund wrote:



steven_guy: So, before the global flood, the earth was a featureless sphere - covered in dinosaurs, kangaroos, mountain goats, coral reefs, kangaroos, polar bears, penguins, blue whales, mountain lions, moles, elephants and forests?


Yeah, right.


iama: RIGHT!


...


7. That means, certainly, that there were NO MOUNTAINS containing the fossil remains which, currently, do exist.  If there were mountains, they were not existing, containing the catastrophically deposited fossil remains in faulted and folded mountain sedimentary layers - even at their highest peaks!


...


36. Psalm 104:6-9 describes the mountain and valley building:


Psa 104:6-9
"You covered it (the Earth) with the deep as [with] a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. At Your rebuke they fled; at the voice of Your thunder they hasted away. They (the waters) go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them. Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth."


Sigmund: Your bolded line above disproves your claims. If "the waters stood above the mountains" then the mountains logically must have already existed.



iama: I answer that in the following:


iama: 37.  Visualize the mountains, which, today, are made up of The Flood deposited sediments, faulted and folded, containing the pre-The Flood life-forms destroyed by The Flood, gradually rising.  This rising of the land's surface would increase the height of the waters, UNTIL the mountains broke the surface of the waters. Then, as those mountain surfaces broke the water's surface, they would begin to be sculpted by those waters, and the resulting erosional material carried downward toward the deepening ocean basins.


Sigmund: This makes no sense. If the "rising mountains" were made up of soft sediments, most of the sediments would slump away as the "mountain" got higher (try pushing a pile of dirt up through swirling water and see what happens). What would remain when the "mountain" finally broke the surface would be the underlying rock, which would not be able to worn down by the flood waters, at least in the time available. 



iama:  You are forgetting the processes which cause sedimentary layers to become sedimentary rock.  Also, sedimentary rocks can become metamorphic rocks.  The pressures caused by the mountain-building activities, also, must be considered.  Notice the effect of pressures increasing as the layers continue to build on top of other sedimentary layers.  Have you ever driven through the mountain ranges of North America?  If so, recall the width of the valleys through which the highway took you.  There is no way that in 6,000 years the size of the present day rivers in these mountain valleys, carved out all of those sediments which are evidently gone from those rising mountains.  The more recent sedimentary layers (top) would have been the least solidified.


These two websites give good explanations for how the loose sediments would have become solidified sedimentary or metamorphic rock.  (NOTE: ignore the speculation-long-ages!)


Sedimentary Rock - wiki


Diagenesis




Pressure solution at work in a clastic rock. While material dissolves at places where grains are in contact, material crystallizes from the solution (as cement) in open pore spaces. This means there is a net flow of material from areas under high stress to those under low stress. As a result, the rock becomes more compact and harder. Loose sand can become sandstone in this way.




The term diagenesis is used to describe all the chemical, physical, and biological changes, including cementation, undergone by a sediment after its initial deposition, exclusive of surface weathering. Some of these processes cause the sediment to consolidate: a compact, solid substance forms out of loose material. Young sedimentary rocks, especially those of Quaternary age (the most recent period of the geologic time scale) are often still unconsolidated. As sediment deposition builds up, the overburden (or lithostatic) pressure rises and a process known as lithification takes place.


Sedimentary rocks are often saturated with seawater or groundwater, in which minerals can dissolve or from which minerals can precipitate. Precipitating minerals reduce the pore space in a rock, a process called cementation. Due to the decrease in pore space, the original connate fluids are expelled. The precipitated minerals form a cement and make the rock more compact and competent. In this way, loose clasts in a sedimentary rock can become "glued" together.


When sedimentation continues, an older rock layer becomes buried deeper as a result. The lithostatic pressure in the rock increases due to the weight of the overlying sediment. This causes compaction, a process in which grains mechanical reorganize. Compaction is, for example, an important diagenetic process in clay, which can initially consist of 60% water. During compaction, this interstitial water is pressed out of pore spaces. Compacation can also be the result of dissolution of grains by pressure solution. The dissolved material precipitates again in open pore spaces, which means there is a nett flow of material into the pores. However, in some cases a certain mineral dissolves and not precipitate again. This process is called leaching and increases pore space in the rock.


Some biochemical processes, like the activity of bacteria, can affect minerals in a rock and are therefore seen as part of diagenesis. Fungi and plants (by their roots) and various other organisms that live beneath the surface can also influence diagenesis.


Burial of rocks due to ongoing sedimentation leads to increased pressure and temperature, which stimulates certain chemical reactions. An example is the reactions by which organic material becomes lignite or coal. When temperature and pressure increase still further, the realm of diagenesis makes way for metamorphism, the process that forms metamorphic rock.


Metamorphism



Sigmund: I've asked you this several times but you have never responded. If, as you claim, the mountains of the world were uplifted during the flood:


1. What stopped the "rapid uplift" process? What is your evidence?



iama:  You would, also, want to know "What started the 'rapid uplift' process?"  The Bible states that the ocean basins were deepened so that the waters moving off of the rising mountains would have a place to reside.  



Psa 104:6-9
1. The Flood: "You covered it (the Earth) with the deep (the waters) as [with] a garment:"


2. The Flood waters cover the rising mountains: "the waters (covering the sedimentary rock layers) stood above the mountains (which are beginning to up-lift beneath the water-surface)."


3. God spoke and the waters begin to recede off of the surface: "At Your rebuke they fled;"


4. God spoke and the waters moved quickly: "at the voice of Your thunder they hasted away."


5. The mountains are rising up beneath The Flood waters: "They go up by the mountains;"


6. The mountains have broken The Flood waters' surface and erosion of the softer sediments occurs: "they go down by the valleys"


7. The ocean basins are deepening: "unto the place which You have founded for them."


8. The shores of the continents will contain the ocean waters: "You have set a bound that they may not pass over;"


9. The whole Earth will never be completely inundated, again: that they turn not again to cover the earth."


iama: If you look at a relief map of the world, you will notice how some of the mountain ranges are adjacent to the oceans or other bodies of water. Notice, also, the boundaries of the the tectonic plates with respect to the mountain ranges:  


Mountain Building Map


Plate Tectonics Map


Plate Tectonics Map


All of the dates which are given in these websites are derived from the long-age-speculations. Read the dates as having taken place during and following the year-long The Flood of Noah's time - ~4,500 years ago.  


If you are wondering about Noah's family and the animals on The Ark, stop worrying.  Our Creator-God had promised to care for them, and He is able to keep that promise. Our Creator-God can handle it!


Another Plate Techtonic Map


"If you want to find a plate boundary, follow the earthquakes. Plates are internally rigid and move about the Earth’s surface without deforming very much, so most of the world’s tectonic activity occurs at the boundaries where different plates interact with each other."


Pangea (?) Fossil Map


Alfred Wegenger


Marine Science


iama: You will notice in the Psalm 104 Scripture that our Creator-God SPOKE, just as He did during the Genesis 1 Days of Creation.  The waters begin to move off of the continents, BECAUSE the mountain up-lift is taking place, and as long as the mountains remain BENEATH the waters' surface, the waters will continue to rise.  Once the mountains break through the surface of The Flood waters, erosion of the mountains increases, and as the waters lower, valleys are formed.  Our Creator-God SPEAKS and the ocean basins are formed / deepen.


You may recall that water can absorb a lot of heat, and that it gives up that heat slowly.  That fact is speculated by creation scientists as the cause of the Ice Age.


Whatever it was that our Creator-God did to cause the breakup of Pangaea, and the formation of teh ~12 tectonic plates, with their spreading apart and forming new oceanic crust at the ridges and rifts, they have stopped / slowed down, because there is an equilibrium between the plates and the weights of the continents and waters.


Sigmund: 2. What started the current "slow uplift" process that we see today? What is your evidence?



iama: Our Creator-God SPOKE and something was triggered!  Genesis states that "the fountains of the great deep were all broken up." Today, as is stated above, there are volcanoes related to the subduction zones of these 12 tectonic plates.  Pangaea breaking up is related to the locations of these plates, and the mountain ranges are adjacent to these subduction zones.  We know that particles in the atmosphere are condensation nuclei for the formation of rain drops.  The opening up of the "great deep" is mentioned first in Genesis, followed by the "windows of heaven." Volcanic material can become condensation nuclei for the formation of rain drops, which is mentioned second in Genesis.


When our Creator-God began The Flood, there was NOTHING which was slow, likely. Everything happened rapidly.  These process have become slower the longer we are away from The Flood's catastrophic parameters.


Sigmund: 3. If you believe that they are both the same process, what slowed the "rapid uplift" process down until it equaled the "slow uplift" process we see and measure today? What is your evidence?



iama:  As stated, above, there is greater equilibrium regarding the tectonic forces, today, than there was during The Flood, and increasingly less as time moved on.


.




So many wasted electrons and no evidence whatsoever presented.


You do not get to use the scientific processes of how sedimentary rock and metamorphic rock are formed to bolster you lame ideas and at the same time tell us to ignore the scientific theories of how those processes work.


If you want to use them to prove your idea, you also need to explain scientifically how mountain range amounts of sedimentary rock can form in less than a year while being buffeted by planetary drowning amounts of turbulent water. Until you do, you have provided no explanation whatsoever as to my three questions.


Try again.


1. What stopped the "rapid uplift" process? What is your evidence? Actually no, just any evidence for what stopped it is fine. I assumed that your answer to what started it would be "Goddidit".


2. What started the current "slow uplift" process that we see today? What is your evidence? (by the way "God SPOKE and something was triggered!" is not even a Biblical answer as you have interpreted certain versus to mean what you want).


3. If you believe that they are both the same process, what slowed the "rapid uplift" process down until it equaled the "slow uplift" process we see and measure today? What is your evidence? Evidence for what caused this supposed equalibrium is needed.




Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2012 - 12:59PM #100
HouseofDavid
Posts: 603

 


iama:


You may recall that water can absorb a lot of heat, and that it gives up that heat slowly.  That fact is speculated by creation scientists as the cause of the Ice Age


HoD:   There you go speculating again.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 10 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook