Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Floods are not the mechanism that produces fossils
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 6:01PM #1
steven_guy
In Queensland, Australia, in 2011 and in 2012 there has been extensive and disastrous flood the summers of both years.

i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq79/Sociali...

Yet neither of these floods has produced any fossils, which we would expect if what Creationists say was true. We can only conclude that floods don't produce fossils, it is something else that causes fossilisation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 8:29AM #2

ROFLOL....

Yeah, that represented Noahs flood. 

Moderated by Merope on Apr 07, 2012 - 02:59PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 8:45AM #3
Blü

When you've finished rolling on the floor, please be so kind as to bring us up to date with your Flood research.

Have you found that universal flood layer all over all continents dated to 2348 BCE yet?

How about a genetic bottleneck in every species of land animal, each bottleneck dating to 2348 BCE?

How about that 1.113 billion cubic miles of extra water over and above what's already on the earth?

Nothing?  Not even one of them?

Gee, that means there was no Genesis flood!  And didn't you tell us that if there's no Genesis flood, bang goes your salvation, right out the window?  Yes, you did.

Can't have that.  Better look even harder, ol' buddy.

And do keep us posted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 10:03AM #4
Midutch

Apr 7, 2012 -- 8:29AM, 57 wrote:

ROFLOL....

ROFLOL....

So, do tell, how was Noah's flood different?

And what scientific research and empirical evidence do you have that demonstrates this difference?

What's that? I almost didn't hear you? You say you don't have any scientific research and empirical evidence ... but you do have this bronze age collection of myths, fables and fairy tales ... and that's about as scientific as you can get?

Really? Wow.

Moderated by Merope on Apr 07, 2012 - 02:59PM
"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 6:57PM #5
Slipnish

ROFLOL....

It's a much better representation than your "Jar of Mud"!  I'm sure your cheeks are still burning in shame over that one.  Oh wait.  You're a creationist.  They have no shame.  My bad.

I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it.

~Any Creationist~
(But honestly Douglas Adams)

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 8:28PM #6
McAtheist

Adding to Blu's excellent points:

* How did your flood produce areas like the Haymond beds in SW Texas, where distinct sediment deposits were laid down, colonized by burrowing worms and lithified 6.5 times an hour or faster than every 10 minutes, in order to make your Bible timeline of the flood work ?

* The onset of the flood was violent and turbulent.  How did the flood manage to sort all the debris and bodies that were tumbled together in the initial phase into layers where no modern animal or artifact of same ever appears with dinosaur fossils and artifacts? 

* Why isn't there a single human artifact found with the sedimentary layers containing dinosaurs --- not a butchered bone, not a tool, not a pot, not a body that was buried pre-flood, not a single item to support your claim that humans and dinosaurs shared the Earth?

The YEC claim that Noah's flood was a historical world-wide event that happened in the last 6000 years has been thoroughly discredited and is nothing more than one of hundreds of creation myths; there is no more reason to teach this nonsense in public schools than there is to teach that disease and famine came out of a box opened by Pandora ala Greek mythology.

YECism fails.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 11:51PM #7
MMarcoe

ROFLOL....

Why doesn't it represent Noah's flood? And how big would it have to be to represent Noah's flood?

Now's your chance to show us some real scientific thinking!

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 1:42PM #8
HouseofDavid

ROFLOL....

Agreed, this is laughable.   A global flood compared to the inundation of a corner of Australia.  Hah.  A global flood a million times the scale; there's no comparison.  A flood so vast, devastating, and powerful that it can carve water gaps into mountain ridges and carve mile-deep canyons in less than a year.  So turbulent, so violent.   And those Aussies were fussing about their flood ?

In such global flood waters, in less than a year, how in the world did phyto- and zooplankton and other marine organisms thrive, and how did their exoskeletons manage to delicately settle out of suspension, and form multiple limestone formations hundreds of feet thick, without mixing with all of the other sediment churned up by God's angry waters ?  Not by any known biological or sedimentary processes known to real scientists.

Creationists, you may rebury your heads in sediment now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 2:12AM #9
iamachildofhis

Apr 6, 2012 -- 6:01PM, steven_guy wrote:

steven_guy: In Queensland, Australia, in 2011 and in 2012 there has been extensive and disastrous flood the summers of both years.

Yet neither of these floods has produced any fossils, which we would expect if what Creationists say was true. We can only conclude that floods don't produce fossils, it is something else that causes fossilisation.

iama:  I wonder what you think is required for the formation of a fossil?

Flood Explains 'Worldwide Pattern' in Ancient Rock

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 2:22AM #10
iamachildofhis

Apr 6, 2012 -- 6:01PM, steven_guy wrote:

steven_guy: In Queensland, Australia, in 2011 and in 2012 there has been extensive and disastrous flood the summers of both years.

iama:  Fossilization is a rare occurrence!

Fossilization

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook