wohali: No dinosaurs, no mammals, but lots of insects and such from the carboniferous epoch. If everything got created in 6 days, where are the large animals?
iama: You are speaking both evolution paradigm and creation paradigm, here, wohali.
The 6 Days of Creation was when EVERYTHING was created - creation paradigm.
Dinosaurs, mammals, insects, amphibians, reptiles, birds, beasts of the field, etc., were all created "In the beginning God..." So, all life-form kinds existed on Day 7.
Now, you are speaking of 'carboniferous.' That term is used by the evolution paradigm proponents.
Biblically, the time line is as follows:
1. The Creation of all things
2. The Fall and the introduction of sin and death / bondage to death and decay
3. 1600 years of life-form reproduction
4. The Flood which destroyed ALL THINGS on the Earth which were not safe in The Ark.
5. The "fountains of the great deep" and the "windows of heaven" were opened simultaneously
6. Water flooded the land mass
7. Volcanism of all forms: water, steam, ash, rock, lava of all sorts, etc. flowed / fell / etc.
8. Catastrophic flood activity removed all land protrusions
9. The Flood waters were filled with moving sediments of all sorts from the erosion of the waters
10. All life-forms, not in The Ark, and much marine life, were destroyed / killed and quickly buried by the sediments as they were laid down.
11. 90+% of fossils are of marine life-forms
12. Life-forms were buried where ever The Flood waters found them and carried them to
13. The Flood was comprised of RISING, PREVAILING, and RECEDING systems of erosion and deposition times
14. Many life-forms were so completely destroyed that only their teeth - the hardest substance in bodies, remain
15. Where it would have been possible, animal life-forms would have attempted to climb to higher ground until they were forced to swim.
16. Those life-forms which died attempting to survive by swimming, would have been scavenged by marine, etc., life-forms, or bloated and rotted, not forming fossil remains
17. Mountain building was taking place once the vast depths of sediments had been laid down
18. The Flood waters covering the rising mountains fled / flowed / rushed downhill carving valleys, rivers, trenches, canyons, submarine canyons
19. Water gaps were formed while The Flood waters were at that height, and water was still capable of flowing over the gap
20. There are two basic types of mountains: those comprising sedimentary layers containing life-form fossils laid down by The Flood, and volcanic formed
Your Carboniferous epoch, containing the vast amounts of coal beds represent the transported floating plant life-forms / trees, etc., which floated and became covered by sedimentary materials / mud sediments which became shale. The life-forms which became trapped in those same sediments are the fossils which you describe.
The dinosaur and mammal fossils are found else where in other sediments, above the marine life-forms.
The 'concretions' found within the shale layers are evidencing water erosion, being rounded as they are.
The article to which you linked could have been written by a person describing The Flood ravages which resulted in the alternate layering of the coal and shale formations.
What took place at Mount St Helens in a few hours is a picture of what took place during the intitial 40 days of The Flood:
Mount St Helens: Exploding the Old Earth paradigm
Mount St Helens: Evidence for Genesis
The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.