Post Reply
Page 5 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Dinosaur National Monument
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 9:03AM #41
rsielin
Posts: 4,404

Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:59AM, 57 wrote:

YAWN


Intellectual defense mechanism at work here. LOL


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 9:06AM #42
57
Posts: 23,122

Apr 29, 2012 -- 9:03AM, rsielin wrote:


Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:59AM, 57 wrote:

YAWN


Intellectual defense mechanism at work here. LOL





No, it just shows your argument isn't very convincing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 9:10AM #43
rsielin
Posts: 4,404

Apr 29, 2012 -- 9:06AM, 57 wrote:


Apr 29, 2012 -- 9:03AM, rsielin wrote:


Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:59AM, 57 wrote:

YAWN


Intellectual defense mechanism at work here. LOL





No, it just shows your argument isn't very convincing.



Not convincing to a naive science layman. Sure.


Now, go to any leading research university biology department and talk to them. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 10:29AM #44
EarthScientist
Posts: 3,444

Apr 28, 2012 -- 8:00PM, EarthScientist wrote:


Apr 27, 2012 -- 4:28PM, EarthScientist wrote:


Apr 27, 2012 -- 4:14PM, 57 wrote:


Apr 27, 2012 -- 3:54PM, Midutch wrote:


Apr 26, 2012 -- 4:29PM, 57 wrote:

in fact this this helps confirm a flood.


Uh ... yeah.


A RIVER flood.


.


.


.


And this helps your argument how?




Do you think noahs flood was an instant flood?  NO. First it was localized floods, then it grew.


Come on my evo-friends...get with the program.




So you're saying we can assign the rocks that compromise the formations of Dinosaur National monument to early flood?







Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 10:41AM #45
Midutch
Posts: 4,224

Apr 29, 2012 -- 9:06AM, 57 wrote:


Apr 29, 2012 -- 9:03AM, rsielin wrote:


Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:59AM, 57 wrote:

YAWN


Intellectual defense mechanism at work here. LOL


No, it just shows your argument isn't very convincing.


To a "fundamentalist christian or muslim creationist" who needs it to be wrong in order to maintain his adherence to a bronze age, goat herder "literal and inerrant" interpretation of the Bible or Quran.


Everyone else in the world seems pretty good with it.

"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 9:46PM #46
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,672

Apr 23, 2012 -- 11:40AM, wohali wrote:



iama: Ken, very few human skeletons have been found.  Mostly teeth and or jaws.  Humans tried to escape The Flood's ravages, and so, drowned, bloated, rotted or were scavanged."


wohali: No. No human remains have ever been found in matrix with dinosaur fossils. Not teeth or jaws or bones.



iama: I didn't mean to imply that human skeletons have been found with dinosaur fossils.  Where human fossil-remains have been found, they are often only teeth or partial skeletal portions.


iama: The same goes for mammals.  Trying to escape the rising waters, they too drowned, bloated, rotted or were scavanged.


wohali: Nope, no modern mammals have been found in dinosaur fossil matrix because they didn't exist then.


Your second fail: if everything was covered by trillions of gallons water, what "scavenged" the animals who were drowned?



iama: All animals were created during the same week of The Creation.  That their fossils are not found together means that they were not together when they were buried by The Flood sediments.


iama: What has been fossilized are those life-forms which were inundated by The Flood waters and sediments which rapidly buried them."


wohali: Sorry, your fantasy simply doesn't reflect the evidence.



iama: The evidence is that human fossil remains HAVE been found somewhere in the world wide flood sediments.  They haven't been found together, because they didn't die together as a result of the same Flood, but elsewhere or in a different layer of sediments deposited by the same Flood.


What evidence do you have which would indicate that all of the world wide sedimentary deposits are not the result of a year-long world wide Flood?


.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 9:59PM #47
rsielin
Posts: 4,404

Apr 29, 2012 -- 9:46PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

What evidence do you have which would indicate that all of the world wide sedimentary deposits are not the result of a year-long world wide Flood?


How about the entirety of geologic evidence and knowledge accumlated in modern times? You too can find and examime the evidence at any of our leading research universities. You're remiss if you don't.


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 9:59PM #48
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,672

Apr 23, 2012 -- 11:43AM, lucaspa wrote:



iama: Ken, very few human skeletons have been found.  Mostly teeth and or jaws.  Humans tried to escape The Flood's ravages, and so, drowned, bloated, rotted or were scavanged.


The same goes for mammals.  Trying to escape the rising waters, they too drowned, bloated, rotted or were scavanged.


What has been fossilized are those life-forms which were inundated by The Flood waters and sediments which rapidly buried them.


lucaspa: But no matter how humans tried to escape, they too would have been inundated by the Flood waters and rapidly buried in the sediments.  You have given no reason why humans were are an exception.  Besides, are you trying to tell me that dino would also not have tried to escape the Flood? Shoot, they are bigger than humans and could get to higher ground quicker!



iama: Yes, eventually!  That is why human fossils are in different layers from dinosaurs.  If the humans were finally inundated, and drowned as they frantically clung to the mountain tops / high hills, their bodies wouldn't necessarily become covered by The Flood sediments.  Their bloated bodies may have been scavanged by marine life-forms.  Can you visualize a huge dinosaur attempting to climb as humans or small animals could?


lucaspa: BTW, if humans were among the last to drown, who would have scavenged them?



iama: Marine life-forms!


lucaspa: Finally, the number of fossils of humans are not so few as you claim.  There are quite a few neandertal, H. heidelbergensis, and H. sapiens fossils.  Many of them in Europe are found in caves.  What happened to escaping from the Flood for them?  There are also lots of dino fossils found in Europe.  But never in the same strata.  But human fossils and deer, elk, mammoth, rabbit, etc. fossils are found in the same strata.  Why all them and no dinos?



iama: Human beings must have been more resourceful than the dinos.


Caves were created by The Flood, so the human fossils found in the caves, may be of post-The Flood humans.


Are Neandertal's found in the caves of Europe?


.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 10:19PM #49
steven_guy
Posts: 11,750

Apr 29, 2012 -- 9:59PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

iama: Human beings must have been more resourceful than the dinos.



So must have been flowering plants. As the flood waters rose, all the flowering plants ran for higher ground.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 10:20PM #50
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,672

Apr 23, 2012 -- 11:47AM, wohali wrote:



wohali: iama, let's not forget your inability to explain why ichthiosaurs went extinct but dolphins didn't.


Or have you forgotten our conversation from last year?



iama: Maybe, instead of being reptiles, the ichthiosaurs were really a variety of dolphin!



"The most remarkable thing about Temnodontosaurus was that (as evidenced by the remains of baby skeletons found fossilized inside adult females) it gave birth to live young, meaning it didn't have to make the arduous journey to lay eggs on dry land. In this regard, Temnodontosaurus (along with most other ichthyosaurs, including the poster genus Ichthyosaurus) appears to have been one of the rare prehistoric reptiles that spent its entire life in the water."


.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook