Page 5 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Next
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 2:38PM #41
ni-cherise

Apr 12, 2012 -- 2:27PM, McAtheist wrote:

ni-cherise: Okay,..i'll accept the fact that there was no global flood,..so does my creationism sound any better that a wet one, since I still believe thet universe is 6,000 years old?

The evidence from the real world strongly contradicts that the universe is only 6000 years old.  You are welcome to believe whatever you want, as long as you don't make claims that your beliefs are supported by physical evidence when they are not or that they be taught as legitimate alternatives to mainstream science; you presonally may not do either of those things, but the YEC proponents here in the US do both.

Oh I don't believe that the universe is 6,000 years old.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 7:26PM #42
MMarcoe

Apr 12, 2012 -- 2:37PM, ni-cherise wrote:

Apr 12, 2012 -- 2:36PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Apr 12, 2012 -- 2:17PM, ni-cherise wrote:

the fact that there was no global flood,..so does my creationism sound any better that a wet one, since I still believe thet universe is 6,000 years old?

No. It doesn't.

Of course it doesn't!

You clearly said above that you believe the universe is 6,000 years old.

Why are you playing these stupid games?

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 7:57PM #43
steven_guy

Apr 12, 2012 -- 7:26PM, MMarcoe wrote:

the fact that there was no global flood,..so does my creationism sound any better that a wet one, since I still believe thet universe is 6,000 years old?

No. It doesn't.

Of course it doesn't!

Why indeed!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:19AM #44
ni-cherise

No. It doesn't.

Of course it doesn't!

This is a stupid game,...religion and science is a stupid debate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:23AM #45
ni-cherise

Apr 12, 2012 -- 7:57PM, steven_guy wrote:

No. It doesn't.

Of course it doesn't!

Why indeed!

A creationist that believes there was a global flood, is no different for a young earth creationist that doesn't believe there was a global flood. Both ideas are ridiculous and clearly you know that. Why indeed did you start this game?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:27AM #46
iamachildofhis

Apr 2, 2012 -- 9:47PM, lucaspa wrote:

Apr 2, 2012 -- 9:17PM, steven_guy wrote:

steven_guy: I know that Creationists, particularly the young earth variety, strongly believe that the mythical flood described in the Old Testament was actually a worldwide flood, even though there isn't a shred of evidence to suggest this.

iama: The Bible states that The Flood was worldwide!

Gen 6:17     
"And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein [is] the breath of life, from under heaven; [and] every thing that [is] in the earth shall die."

Gen 9:11     
"And I will establish My covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth."

Gen 9:15     
"And I will remember my covenant, which [is] between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh."

Mat 24:38     
"For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

Luk 17:27     
"They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all."

2Pe 2:4-5
"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth [person], a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;"

lucaspa: First, you need to be careful about that "isn't a shred of evidence".  As Karl Popper pointed out, there is evidence for ANY and EVERY theory (no matter how wrong) if you look for that type of evidence.  What counts is the evidence against. What happened was that there is evidence (literally mountains of it) that can't be there if there was a world wide flood.  There are geological features that cannot possibly have been caused by a global flood.  So, yes, YECers are Flood Geologists, but Flood Geology is falsified.

iama:  I am interested in your claim: "there is evidence (literally mountains of it) that can't be there if there was a world wide flood."  Would you elaborate on that statement?

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:38AM #47
iamachildofhis

Apr 10, 2012 -- 5:54PM, Ken wrote:

Ken: Anyone who claims there was a global flood isn't a real scientist. There isn't enough water on earth to flood the whole planet.

iama: There is plenty of water to cover the whole Earth's land surface, IF there were no mountains and no ocean depths!

Where did the Flood waters go?

Isaiah gives this same statement that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth (Isaiah 54:9). Clearly, what the Bible is telling us is that God acted to alter the earth's topography. New continental landmasses bearing new mountain chains of folded rock strata were uplifted from below the globe-encircling waters that had eroded and leveled the pre-Flood topography, while large deep ocean basin were formed to receive and accommodate the Flood waters that then drained off the emerging continents.

That is why the oceans are so deep, and why there are folded mountain ranges. Indeed, if the entire earth's surface were leveled by smoothing out the topography of not only the land surface but also the rock surface on the ocean floor, the waters of the ocean would cover the earth's surface to a depth of 1.7 miles (2.7 kilometers). We need to remember that nearly 70 percent of the earth's surface is still covered by water. Quite clearly, then, the waters of Noah's Flood are in today's ocean basins.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:49AM #48
iamachildofhis

Apr 11, 2012 -- 11:22PM, steven_guy wrote:

steven_guy: I know that Creationists, particularly the young earth variety, strongly believe that the mythical flood described in the Old Testament was actually a worldwide flood, even though there isn't a shred of evidence to suggest this. However, I am curious to find out if there are any "floodless"
Creationists? Can one be a Creationist and agree that there never was a global flood?

ni-cherise: Yes,. I understand your question,..so once again, aren't all creationist wrong,..wet or dry?

Ken: He wanted to know whether there are any creationists who don't believe in a global flood. The answer, apparently, is no.

steven_guy: It wasn't a trick question or anything that required a convoluted answer. I simply wanted to know if there were any Creationists who believe in a six to ten thousand year old earth who accept the fact that a global flood never happened. I expected that the answer would be none, but I was curious.

iama:  Biblical Creationists believe what The Bible states is true Earth-history.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 3:01AM #49
steven_guy

Apr 13, 2012 -- 1:49AM, iamachildofhis wrote:

Apr 11, 2012 -- 11:22PM, steven_guy wrote:

steven_guy: I know that Creationists, particularly the young earth variety, strongly believe that the mythical flood described in the Old Testament was actually a worldwide flood, even though there isn't a shred of evidence to suggest this. However, I am curious to find out if there are any "floodless"
Creationists? Can one be a Creationist and agree that there never was a global flood?

ni-cherise: Yes,. I understand your question,..so once again, aren't all creationist wrong,..wet or dry?

Ken: He wanted to know whether there are any creationists who don't believe in a global flood. The answer, apparently, is no.

steven_guy: It wasn't a trick question or anything that required a convoluted answer. I simply wanted to know if there were any Creationists who believe in a six to ten thousand year old earth who accept the fact that a global flood never happened. I expected that the answer would be none, but I was curious.

iama:  Biblical Creationists believe what The Bible states is true Earth-history.

We know that. We also know that there was no global flood. I wondered if some Creationists are ready to admit that this part of their myth really isn't true.

We all know that you accept the whole fairy tale without question. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 3:04AM #50
steven_guy

Apr 13, 2012 -- 1:38AM, iamachildofhis wrote:

Apr 10, 2012 -- 5:54PM, Ken wrote:

Ken: Anyone who claims there was a global flood isn't a real scientist. There isn't enough water on earth to flood the whole planet.

iama: There is plenty of water to cover the whole Earth's land surface, IF there were no mountains and no ocean depths!

Where did the Flood waters go?

Isaiah gives this same statement that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth (Isaiah 54:9). Clearly, what the Bible is telling us is that God acted to alter the earth's topography. New continental landmasses bearing new mountain chains of folded rock strata were uplifted from below the globe-encircling waters that had eroded and leveled the pre-Flood topography, while large deep ocean basin were formed to receive and accommodate the Flood waters that then drained off the emerging continents.

That is why the oceans are so deep, and why there are folded mountain ranges. Indeed, if the entire earth's surface were leveled by smoothing out the topography of not only the land surface but also the rock surface on the ocean floor, the waters of the ocean would cover the earth's surface to a depth of 1.7 miles (2.7 kilometers). We need to remember that nearly 70 percent of the earth's surface is still covered by water. Quite clearly, then, the waters of Noah's Flood are in today's ocean basins.

That is complete and utter baseless speculation. It isn't that far removed from speculating on how Santa Claus delivers all his presents to all the children of the world by dilating time and it is just as silly.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook