Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Why are dinosaurs not found in the La Brea tar pits?
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 8:43PM #1
wohali

We have recovered a great many pleistocene and forward remains from the tar pits, but not a single dinosaur.

Why not?

www.tarpits.org/

www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/quaternary/labrea....

www.tarpits.org/la-brea-tar-pits/timelin...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 9:27PM #2
steven_guy

An excellent question. I wonder if we will see any answers? BTW, I don't think we have any tar pits in Oz. 

Mar 28, 2012 -- 8:43PM, wohali wrote:

We have recovered a great many pleistocene and forward remains from the tar pits, but not a single dinosaur.

Why not?

www.tarpits.org/

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 9:31PM #3
Blü

We're talking about Brea Rabbit, right?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 9:34PM #4
wohali

Steven, the tar pits are an amazing place, I do hope that you get to see them some time.

Oh, I should mention that they haven't found any sharks or whales from the "flood", either........

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 9:42PM #5
steven_guy

Mar 28, 2012 -- 9:34PM, wohali wrote:

Steven, the tar pits are an amazing place, I do hope that you get to see them some time.

Oh, I should mention that they haven't found any sharks or whales from the "flood", either........

I'd like to see them. 

I am getting a new passport at the moment. Jeeze! It is such a pain in the bum and expensive too - $235. In plan to see my good mate Ron in Japan in May and then go to Singapore. I'd like to visit a couple of friends in Utah and an old friend in Maryland. Tar pits would be good to see. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 9:44PM #6
steven_guy

Oh! And I'd like to see Yellowstone National Park. There was a series on it on TV here in Oz and I found it captivating. Such a beautiful place and all the parts the showed had no evidence of man. I guess I'd better get there before the volcano I hear about erupts? ;)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 12:09AM #7
Midutch

Mar 28, 2012 -- 8:43PM, wohali wrote:

Why not?

www.tarpits.org/

Isn't it obvious? The La Brea Tar Pits are from AFTER the flood and it's just those evilooshunists lying through their teeth about how old the fossils are.

Everyone KNOWS that there was no pleistocene since the world is only two weeks old and the "flood" occurred last Saturday. Research (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) suggests that the La Brea Tar Pits formed on Sunday morning.

"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 12:28AM #8
Oncomintrain

Mar 28, 2012 -- 9:44PM, steven_guy wrote:

Oh! And I'd like to see Yellowstone National Park. There was a series on it on TV here in Oz and I found it captivating. Such a beautiful place and all the parts the showed had no evidence of man.

Yeah, good luck getting to those bits. Don't get me wrong, I love the National Parks. But untouched they are not.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 1:02AM #9
sadiaali

due to the centries changing the dinosaur is going to finishing from the earth,,,

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 1:13AM #10
d_p_m

Mar 28, 2012 -- 9:42PM, steven_guy wrote:

Mar 28, 2012 -- 9:34PM, wohali wrote:

I'd like to see them. 

I am getting a new passport at the moment. Jeeze! It is such a pain in the bum and expensive too - $235. In plan to see my good mate Ron in Japan in May and then go to Singapore. I'd like to visit a couple of friends in Utah and an old friend in Maryland. Tar pits would be good to see. 

If you ever get a chance, check out the Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller.

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."

― Niels Bohr

“Extinguished theologians lie about the cradle of every science as the strangled snakes beside that of Hercules; and history records that whenever science and orthodoxy have been fairly opposed, the latter has been forced to retire from the lists, bleeding and crushed if not annihilated; scotched, if not slain.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley, Lay Sermons, Addresses, and Reviews

“The science, the art, the jurisprudence, the chief political and social theories, of the modern world have grown out of Greece and Rome—not by favour of, but in the teeth of, the fundamental teachings of early Christianity, to which science, art, and any serious occupation with the things of this world were alike despicable.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley, Agnosticism and Christianity and Other Essays
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook