Post Reply
Page 14 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next
Switch to Forum Live View ORIGIN OF LIFE - Question 10 - How do 'living fossils' remain unchanged?
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 8:04PM #131
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,795

Apr 13, 2012 -- 7:23PM, wohali wrote:



Iama: Bible always has it right regarding all things that it relates to!


wohali: Really?


Cockatrice


- iama: poisonous serpent (What is your problem with this?)


Dragons


- iama: dinosaurs (Dinosaurs were created on Day 6, and human beings later on Day 6.)


Unicorns


- iama: aurochs cattle (incorrect translation)


Epilepsy caused by demons


- iama: demons are real - Satan is a fallen angel / a demon


Making sheep's wool change color by putting painted sticks in their fields


- iama: our Creator-God was blessing Jacob while his uncle, Laban was / had cheated him.


No, not so much...............



iama:  There are translation problems with some vocabulary from Hebrew into English, but the original recordings were recorded as God-Holy Spirit intended, by human recorders. 


Always interpret The Bible by other passages of The Bible!


How familiar are you with The Bible?


.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 8:22PM #132
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,795

Apr 13, 2012 -- 7:56PM, steven_guy wrote:



iama: Why did our Creator-God NEED to incarnate and die?  That is the issue that amcolph continues to dismiss.


steven_guy: What does this have to do with so-called "living fossils"?



iama:  Good question, since that is the theme of this thread!


"Living fossils" is the term given to present day existing life-forms which look exactly like life-forms which are represented by fossils which are found in the worldwide sedimentary layers laid down by The Flood.  If The Earth is very old as per the evolution speculation's long ages claims, then, if evolution is actual life-form history, there should NOT BE "living fossils"!


The Earth is only ~6,000 years old, according to Genesis / The Bible, and our Creator-God, Who created all life-forms such that they would reproduce offspring "after his / their kind," knew that it was NECESSARY for HIM to incarnate into Earth History, inorder to redeem His Creation from the SIN-DEATH bondage that The Creation was existing in.  


"Living fossils" are an evidence for the ~6,000 years ago The Creation event.  The fossils buried in The Flood deposited worldwide sedimentary layers evidence that the life-forms have, indeed, reproduced "after his / their kind."


steven_guy: I am not a Christian or even a theist, but I imagine that some feel that Jesus Christ's execution for challenging the beliefs of the time wasn't in vain because of the qualities of his teachings?


Have you read the writings of John Shelby Spong?



iama:  Christ Jesus's death was planned by our Creator-God.  Human beings and The Creation need a Savior.  We can't, possibly, save ourselves from eternal separation from our Creator-God.  Our Savior came to live His perfect human life, die His perfect human death, resurrect His perfect human body, and ascend to the right hand of God, the Father, where He has always resided, eternally, so that we might receive His righteousness, in order to dwell, eternally, with Him.


I haven't read much of John Shelby Spong's writings, but I have read enough to realize that he is not always biblical in his teachings.


.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 8:25PM #133
steven_guy
Posts: 11,751

Apr 13, 2012 -- 8:04PM, iamachildofhis wrote:


Apr 13, 2012 -- 7:23PM, wohali wrote:



Iama: Bible always has it right regarding all things that it relates to!


wohali: Really?


Cockatrice


- iama: poisonous serpent (What is your problem with this?)


Dragons


- iama: dinosaurs (Dinosaurs were created on Day 6, and human beings later on Day 6.)


Unicorns


- iama: aurochs cattle (incorrect translation)


Epilepsy caused by demons


- iama: demons are real - Satan is a fallen angel / a demon


Making sheep's wool change color by putting painted sticks in their fields


- iama: our Creator-God was blessing Jacob while his uncle, Laban was / had cheated him.


No, not so much...............



iama:  There are translation problems with some vocabulary from Hebrew into English, but the original recordings were recorded as God-Holy Spirit intended, by human recorders. 


Always interpret The Bible by other passages of The Bible!


How familiar are you with The Bible?


.




Interpret? Context???


www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7P7uZFf5o&list...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 8:27PM #134
d_p_m
Posts: 10,085

Apr 13, 2012 -- 8:22PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

If The Earth is very old as per the evolution speculation's long ages claims, then, if evolution is actual life-form history, there should NOT BE "living fossils"!




So either you did not understand the explanations you were given, or you are ignoring them.


In either case your statement is just not true.


In fact, almost nothing you say about the predictions of evolution is true.

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."

― Niels Bohr



"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

-- Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 8:46PM #135
wohali
Posts: 10,227

"How familiar are you with The Bible?"


Evidently I'm a good deal more familiar with the Bible than you are with science, natural history, history or logic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 10:00PM #136
amcolph
Posts: 17,944

Apr 13, 2012 -- 7:30PM, iamachildofhis wrote:


 


Why did our Creator-God NEED to incarnate and die?  That is the issue that amcolph continues to dismiss.




What?  I should think that would be clear, even to a Dispensationalist.  This is no place to be teaching basic Christian doctrine.  What a bear garden your Sunday School must have been!

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 10:35PM #137
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Apr 13, 2012 -- 7:23PM, iamachildofhis wrote:


Apr 13, 2012 -- 6:50PM, Ken wrote:

Ken: What conceivable use would a Creator God have for an everlasting Iama?


iama:  I don't know!


Who Am I?


Ken: If you don't know, I can't tell you.



iama:  The answer is in the video.  Did you listen to it?


No.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 11:47PM #138
McAtheist
Posts: 8,355

iam: You will notice that the narration moves from the introduction statement to THE EARTH.  From this point onward, the focus is upon THE EARTH.  We aren't told about what is taking place in the HEAVEN, are we?


Yes, we are:


1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.


Missing or misreading such straightforward parts of your mythology really undermines your credibility about your understanding of the Bible, Iam.  If you can't even get this simple stuff right, the stuff that is literally spelled out for you, why should anyone take you seriously about the complicated or oblique passages?


Fail.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 12:03AM #139
McAtheist
Posts: 8,355

iam: The Earth is only ~6,000 years old, according to Genesis / The Bible...blahblah... "Living fossils" are an evidence for the ~6,000 years ago The Creation event.  The fossils buried in The Flood deposited worldwide sedimentary layers evidence that the life-forms have, indeed, reproduced "after his / their kind."


1. There isn't a uniform world-wide sedimentary layer, which strongly contradicts your story.


2. The various and diverse sedimentary deposits around the world date to various and diverse ages, which strongly contradicts your story.


3. There is no known physical process of flooding that would leave the perfectly sorted arrangement of the fossils found within those various and diverse sediments, which strongly contradicts your story.


4. There are cities that have been continuously inhabited longer than you claim the Earth has existed, which strongly contradicts your story.


5. All the ways of determining the age of the universe and of the Earth show them to be billions of years old, which strongly contradicts your story.


In fact, all the actual evidence we can gather from the world around us strongly contradicts your story.  The only way your story could be factual is if your Harry PotterGod deliberately changed the physical world to give the appearance of great age; so either your god is a liar or your stories are factually incorrect.


This is why YECism has been so thoroughly discredited.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 12:47AM #140
MMarcoe
Posts: 17,214

Apr 13, 2012 -- 8:22PM, iamachildofhis wrote:


If The Earth is very old as per the evolution speculation's long ages claims, then, if evolution is actual life-form history, there should NOT BE "living fossils"!


The answer to this is very obvious. Anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of how biology works knows what the answer is. And yet it escapes you. Go figure.


 


I haven't read much of John Shelby Spong's writings, but I have read enough to realize that he is not always biblical in his teachings.


He's at least as biblical as you are. Maybe more.





1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook