Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Water Gaps help prove Noah's Flood occurred.
3 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2011 - 10:59AM #1
The Evo-minded have a pretty hart time explaining water gaps.  If you look at the picture I linked you'll see that the river has cut through the mountain rather than take the path of least resistance and gone around it. 

In this instance you can see how the river cut through several mountains.  

"After sheet flow continued for many days, more and more mountains and plateaus extend above the draining Floodwater, forcing the water to channelized around these objects. Channelized flow, therefore, carves valleys and canyons rapidly, and creates many other features that are difficult if not impossible to explain by mainstream geologists. Such features include water and wind gaps, which are perpendicular cuts through mountains, ridges, or plateaus; pediments, which are planation surfaces at the foots of mountains or ridges; and submarine canyons that are cut perpendicular to the shoreline through the continental shelf and slope." ref

The image presented here provides a better model for explaining the formation of water gaps. 
Yes, my evo-friends...there was a flood.  
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2011 - 11:49AM #2
amcolph

Dec 18, 2011 -- 10:59AM, 57 wrote:

...and creates many other features that are difficult if not impossible to explain by mainstream geologists.

There's your problem: willful ignorance of mainstream geology.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2011 - 12:31PM #3

Dec 18, 2011 -- 11:49AM, amcolph wrote:

Dec 18, 2011 -- 10:59AM, 57 wrote:

...and creates many other features that are difficult if not impossible to explain by mainstream geologists.

There's your problem: willful ignorance of mainstream geology.

Willful ignorance????  Wow...what a claim.  In my "willful ignorance" I presented a reasonable objection and a model that supports a world wide flood. 

That simple fact of this post clearly demonstrates "willful ignorance" is certainly not present.  In fact your "lack" of response suggest it is you who grasp to "willful ignorance" amcolph.

Your continued dishonesty truly is amazing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2011 - 12:42PM #4
amcolph

Dec 18, 2011 -- 12:31PM, 57 wrote:

The dishonesty of your source is truly amazing.  It's a reprehensible tactic of creationists to present false "problems" that mainstream science is supposedly unable to solve.  Such behavior reveals the moral corruption of the YEC movement. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2011 - 1:25PM #5

Dec 18, 2011 -- 12:42PM, amcolph wrote:

The dishonesty of your source is truly amazing.  It's a reprehensible tactic of creationists to present false "problems" that mainstream science is supposedly unable to solve.  Such behavior reveals the moral corruption of the YEC movement. 

Have you adequately solved it?

...I didn't think so. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2011 - 2:20PM #6
amcolph

Dec 18, 2011 -- 1:25PM, 57 wrote:

...I didn't think so. 

Not me--I'm not a geologist.   Geologists have solved it.  That's what this is about. Your creo source doesn't say merely that the mainstream geologists' explanation is inadequate, but that mainstream geology has no explanation at all--which is an outright lie.

With respect to the content of mainstream geology, who are you going to believe?

What a real geologist says?  Or what a creationist says?

Personally, if a creationist told me that grass was green and the sky was blue, I would have to look out the window and check before I agreed with him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2011 - 3:02PM #7

Dec 18, 2011 -- 2:20PM, amcolph wrote:

Dec 18, 2011 -- 1:25PM, 57 wrote:

...I didn't think so. 

Not me--I'm not a geologist.   Geologists have solved it.  That's what this is about. Your creo source doesn't say merely that the mainstream geologists' explanation is inadequate, but that mainstream geology has no explanation at all--which is an outright lie.

With respect to the content of mainstream geology, who are you going to believe?

What a real geologist says?  Or what a creationist says?

Personally, if a creationist told me that grass was green and the sky was blue, I would have to look out the window and check before I agreed with him.

Yeah, geologist solved it...just like they solved...through assumption...the ability for mutations to add up. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2011 - 3:05PM #8
amcolph

Dec 18, 2011 -- 3:02PM, 57 wrote:

Yeah, geologist solved it...just like they solved...through assumption...the ability for mutations to add up. 

And what was their assumption?  That 57 doesn't know his fanny from a hot rock about probability theory?

Sounds like a safe bet to me.

Go study some geology--learn how 'water gaps' really form.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2011 - 3:09PM #9

Dec 18, 2011 -- 3:05PM, amcolph wrote:

Dec 18, 2011 -- 3:02PM, 57 wrote:

And what was their assumption?  That 57 doesn't know his fanny from a hot rock about probability theory?

Sounds like a safe bet to me.

Go study some geology--learn how 'water gaps' really form.

I did. I posted it in the first post of this thread.  Study amcolph. Learn. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2011 - 3:14PM #10
amcolph

Dec 18, 2011 -- 3:09PM, 57 wrote:

I did. I posted it in the first post of this thread.  Study amcolph. Learn. 

No, real geology as done by real geologists--not meteorology technicians.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook