Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View The Journey to Christmas
3 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2011 - 5:57PM #41
iamachildofhis

Dec 22, 2011 -- 1:10AM, Ken wrote:

iama:  I have been meaning to ask you: What are your qualifications which, according to your own criteria, qualify you to comment on ANY of these threads?

Ken: I rely upon qualified experts, as we all should. I don't present myself as one; and I'd be shocked if anyone were to cite me as an authority. I lack the truly remarkable arrogance of Jonathan Sarfati and his ilk.

iama:  You, of course, always reserve the right to pick and choose those whom you deem to be "qualified experts."  Truth, you should realize, comes across, often, as "arrogance."

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2011 - 7:07PM #42
Ken

Dec 31, 2011 -- 5:57PM, iamachildofhis wrote:

Dec 22, 2011 -- 1:10AM, Ken wrote:

iama:  I have been meaning to ask you: What are your qualifications which, according to your own criteria, qualify you to comment on ANY of these threads?

Ken: I rely upon qualified experts, as we all should. I don't present myself as one; and I'd be shocked if anyone were to cite me as an authority. I lack the truly remarkable arrogance of Jonathan Sarfati and his ilk.

You, of course, always reserve the right to pick and choose those whom you deem to be "qualified experts."

No, I don't. I don't choose qualified expertise. I recognize it. Expertise is a perfectly objective quality with perfectly objective standards.

Truth, you should realize, comes across, often, as "arrogance."

In Sarfati's case, so do ignorance, stupidity, and dishonesty.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2012 - 12:04AM #43
iamachildofhis

Dec 31, 2011 -- 7:07PM, Ken wrote:

iama: You, of course, always reserve the right to pick and choose those whom you deem to be "qualified experts."

Ken: No, I don't. I don't choose qualified expertise. I recognize it. Expertise is a perfectly objective quality with perfectly objective standards.

iama: Truth, you should realize, comes across, often, as "arrogance."

Ken: In Sarfati's case, so do ignorance, stupidity, and dishonesty.

iama:  Here is a discussion on "arrogance:"

God of Love: Church of Arrogance?

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2012 - 6:25AM #44
Ken

Notice that in this thread, just as in "The Historic Record of Jesus" thread, Iama has not only failed to reconcile the contradictory birth stories of Matthew and Luke, but has also abandoned the discussion rather than admit failure.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook