Page 7 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The bible - not history, and certainly not science.
3 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2011 - 4:53PM #61
MMarcoe

Isn't it funny that no women are mentioned among those who allegedly lived for hundreds upon hundreds of years? Women outlive men, so what's the deal here?

Oh, wait. I know. The deal is that these ages perhaps refer to periods of influence (cultural eras), not biological lives. And women didn't get to have those.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2011 - 9:07PM #62
wohali

More folks who didn't notice the "flood":

www.independent.co.uk/news/worlds-oldest...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2011 - 11:12AM #63
Midutch

Oct 25, 2011 -- 9:07PM, wohali wrote:

It's amazing that a global flood that is so catastrophically powerful that it can carve the Grand Canyon in 5 minutes leaves pyramids made of seashells untouched.

Heck, I just did an experiment on my patio with a handful of seashells and a glass of water that demonstrates that seashells are VERY easy to wash a way with water.

"creationism" ... 2000+ years worth of ABYSMAL FAILURE ... and proud of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2011 - 12:32PM #64
Ken

Oct 26, 2011 -- 11:12AM, Midutch wrote:

Oct 25, 2011 -- 9:07PM, wohali wrote:

It's amazing that a global flood that is so catastrophically powerful that it can carve the Grand Canyon in 5 minutes leaves pyramids made of seashells untouched.

You're forgetting that it was a magical flood. Magical floods can do that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2011 - 1:20PM #65
amcolph

Don't worry how they eat and breathe,

Or other science facts.

Remember that it's just a show,

So sit back and relax.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2011 - 7:46PM #66
Ken

Oct 25, 2011 -- 4:53PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Isn't it funny that no women are mentioned among those who allegedly lived for hundreds upon hundreds of years? Women outlive men, so what's the deal here?

Oh, wait. I know. The deal is that these ages perhaps refer to periods of influence (cultural eras), not biological lives. And women didn't get to have those.

Many cultures look back to a mythical age when people lived much longer than they do at present. Patriarchal cultures would naturally ignore the women. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2011 - 10:44PM #67
Slipnish

Ever get the feeling that parts of the bible were written by Hunter S Thompson?  Or maybe his ancestors?

I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it.

~Any Creationist~
(But honestly Douglas Adams)

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2011 - 12:19AM #68
iamachildofhis

Oct 26, 2011 -- 11:12AM, Midutch wrote:

wohali: More folks who didn't notice the "flood":

Midutch: It's amazing that a global flood that is so catastrophically powerful that it can carve the Grand Canyon in 5 minutes leaves pyramids made of seashells untouched.

Heck, I just did an experiment on my patio with a handful of seashells and a glass of water that demonstrates that seashells are VERY easy to wash a way with water.

iama: Have you noticed that the dates given in article DON'T, always, agree?

ROCK ART ON THE ISLAND OF SANTA CATARINA BRAZIL

"Santa Catarina Island - Ilha de Santa Catarina - is an island 523 km2 in area, in the Brazilian state of Santa Catarina in southern Brazil. It is very rich in prehistoric archaeological sites, the oldest of which is the Pântano do Sul, dated to 2500 BC, roughly contemporary to Stonehenge in England and the Egyptian Pyramids. The prehistory of the Santa Catarina Island was first studied by priest father Alfredo Rorh in 1977."

iama: The dating methods do NOT, always, yield correct historical dates.  There is no possible way that ANY civilization survived The Flood.  All of these pyramids were built by post-The Flood populations, for the very same reason that The Tower of Babel was built!

The Grand Canyon was NOT carved in 5 minutes! But, it was carved during the latter months of The Flood year, or shortly following The Flood Year, as a result of the mountains rising, and a barrier to receding waters flowing off of those rising mountains, bursting. The sediments which exist, today, visible on the walls of the Canyons, were laid down, first, and then, subsequently, carved by the eventual coursing waters which flowed to the Pacific Ocean.

Again, ALL pyramids which exist, today, were built by populations of humans who were reproduced from the 8 survivors of The Flood: three sons of Noah and their three wives.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2011 - 12:44AM #69
Ken

Oct 30, 2011 -- 12:19AM, iamachildofhis wrote:

There is no possible way that ANY civilization survived The Flood. 

No civilization had to survive the Flood. The Flood never happened.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2011 - 2:09AM #70
Namchuck

"Again, ALL pyramids which exist, today, were built by populations of humans reproduced from the 8 survivors of the Flood..."

And which one of those already heavily burdended survivors had the onerous duty of eating the brains of some kuru afflicted individual in order to bring the disease across to the other side of the Flood?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook