Page 5 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The bible - not history, and certainly not science.
3 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2011 - 10:20PM #41
Sigmund

Oct 18, 2011 -- 9:19PM, hamerhas wrote:

The greatest variance  you can produce between the reigns of two successive of kings in the

entire English history is 11 years.

11 paltry years being the largest variance you can produce in the entire English history. 

11 years varience being the greatest single anomaly in the entire history.

First off, I snipped the rest of your post for brevity and the fact that it makes no sense. I will address the rest of this however.

Apparently you're having a little difficulty following the math here. There are SEVERAL instances where an long Monarch Reign is followed by an extremely short one:

Æthelwulf     839 - 858     19 years succeeded by:

Æthelbald     858 - 860     2 years (17 year difference, more than 11 right?)

Æthelred the Unready     978 - 1013     35 years succeeded by:

Sweyn I Forkbeard     1013 - 1014     2 years max (33 year difference, more than 11 right?)

Henry VI     1422 - 1461     39 years succeeded by:

Edward IV     1461 - 1470     9 years (30 year difference, more than 11 right?)

Henry VIII     1509 - 1547     38 years succeeded by:

Edwards VI     1547 - 1553     6 years (32 year difference, more than 11 right?)

Now then, how about you actually give us a date or reigning Pharoh during or before this supposed Egyptian "implosion"

Moderated by rangerken on Oct 18, 2011 - 10:52PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2011 - 11:03PM #42
rangerken

A whole series of posts was removed, all written by a number of members, all for the same reason, and that is that they made members the issue, and not the thread topic. More could have been removed. Please stay on topic and off each other.

Rangerken, co-host

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2011 - 11:20PM #43
d_p_m

Oct 18, 2011 -- 10:20PM, Sigmund wrote:

The greatest variance  you can produce between the reigns of two successive of kings in the

11 paltry years being the largest variance you can produce in the entire English history. 

First off, I snipped the rest of your post for brevity and the fact that it makes no sense. I will address the rest of this however.

Apparently you're having a little difficulty following the math here. There are SEVERAL instances where an long Monarch Reign is followed by an extremely short one:

Sweyn I Forkbeard     1013 - 1014     2 years max (33 year difference, more than 11 right?)

Edwards VI     1547 - 1553     6 years (32 year difference, more than 11 right?)

Now then, how about you actually give us a date or reigning Pharoh during or before this supposed Egyptian "implosion"

I believe Sweyn I Forkbeard actually reigned for 40 days (December 1013 - January 1014) which means his reign was 1/315 as long as his predecessor.

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."

― Niels Bohr

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

-- Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2011 - 11:38PM #44
hamerhas

Oct 18, 2011 -- 10:20PM, Sigmund wrote:

That was my fault . in the interest of "brevity" I was just scanning the one column.

11 or 33 vs 80+ does not make a significant difference when taking into account the fact that

you have to comprehensively throw in the entire English dynasty to come up with 33 year

variance

vs

the biblical detailing of the reigns of just TWO specific Pharaohs with such a great variance in reigns 80+ , COMPOUNDED with having it

to line up with all the other associated & incidentally given information and have not one  detail

contradicting another in the bible, and even more importantly not contradicting the secular

record.

It really is comparing apples to ocelots when you consider the compounded probability .

If the pharaoh in question had lived 43 yrs , 57 yrs , 29 yrs , 61 yrs, etc,etc,,,,,,,,,,,.

the secularly established evidence would have been trumpheted long ago and you would be

explaining that fact to me right now.

But you aren't are you?

And you are by no means the lone ranger in this regard.

That is because the secular record of egyptology tells us something nobody seems to want to

talk about concerning the LAST TWO pharaohs of Egypt.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2011 - 11:43PM #45
d_p_m

the variance in the reigns of the successive Pharaohs  described in Moses day.

80 YEARS at least.

A number of years variance between the reigns of the last of Egypts pharaohs just prior to the

royal implosion verified by secular Egyptology.

The bigger the number claimed by the bible the easier to disprove , or verify , by Egyptology.

Thus your complete, timid silence on it , and your running like a whipped puppy to the  

English record to make feeble application that the greatest variance to be found of 11 years  

between all the successive kings of England has commonality , to  ONE SINGLE

SPECIFIC SUCCESSION

having a varience of at least 80 YEARS.

So, you are claiming that at least one Pharaoh reigned for more than 80 years, and that it is easy to verify by secular Egyptology.

Don't keep us in suspense... tell us which Pharaoh, in which dynasty, and between which dates he ruled. And you may as well tell us his 'short term' successor, as well.

I realize that firm dates may be hard to come by before 2686 BCE, but since that is  before the date most YECists use for the mythical global flood, that shouldn't be a problem for you.

― Niels Bohr

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

-- Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2011 - 11:48PM #46
d_p_m

Oct 18, 2011 -- 11:38PM, hamerhas wrote:

That is because the secular record of egyptology tells us something nobody seems to want to

talk about concerning the LAST TWO pharaohs of Egypt.  

??????

The last two Pharaohs of Egypt:

• Ptolemy XII Neos Dionysos (Auletes)  (80 BC-58 BC, 55  BC-51 BC) with co-regents Cleopatra V Tryphaena  (58 BC-57 BC) and Berenice IV Cleopatra Epiphaneia (58 BC-55 BC)

• Cleopatra VII Thea Neotera  (51 BC-30 BC) ruled jointly with Ptolemy XIII (51 BC-47  BC) Ptolemy XIV (47 BC-44 BC)  and Ptolemy XV Caesarean (44 BC-30 BC).

So what's the big secret about them that you know and we don't?

― Niels Bohr

-- Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2011 - 11:52PM #47
d_p_m

the biblical detailing of the reigns of just TWO specific Pharaohs with such a great variance in reigns 80+ , COMPOUNDED with having it

to line up with all the other associated & incidentally given information and have not one  detail

contradicting another in the bible, and even more importantly not contradicting the secular

record.

So, name and date these "TWO specific Pharaohs" you are going on about, and show how they fit in the secular records. Please cite mainsteam Egyptological sources for your dates.

― Niels Bohr

-- Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2011 - 8:05AM #48
Ridcully

Oct 19, 2011 -- 5:40AM, hamerhas wrote:

My you have sure become coy.

You sure you don't want to claim "tabloid" info as my source concerning Egypt's last two

Pharaohs on this thread ?

I wish you would?

Must be the smarting from the last spanking given you in your last claim of "tabloid" sources

is just a little to painful at this point? 

Do you have any info to back up your claims?  

Moderated by rangerken on Oct 19, 2011 - 11:01AM
"Things just happen, what the hell."  Didactylos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2011 - 9:32AM #49
Ken

Oct 18, 2011 -- 11:03PM, rangerken wrote:

A whole series of posts was removed, all written by a number of members, all for the same reason, and that is that they made members the issue, and not the thread topic. More could have been removed. Please stay on topic and off each other.

Rangerken, co-host

From now on we should report any post that contains the word "you."

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2011 - 10:24AM #50
d_p_m

Oct 19, 2011 -- 5:40AM, hamerhas wrote:

Oct 18, 2011 -- 11:52PM, d_p_m wrote:

record.

So, name and date these "TWO specific Pharaohs" you are going on about, and show how they fit in the secular records. Please cite mainsteam Egyptological sources for your dates.

My you have sure become coy.

You sure you don't want to claim "tabloid" info as my source concerning Egypt's last two

Pharaohs on this thread ?

I wish you would?

Must be the smarting from the last spanking given you in your last claim of "tabloid" sources

is just a little to painful at this point? 

I see you still don't seem to be able to name the Pharaohs you are making claims about. Problem finding them? I thought it was 'easy'?

So, secular Egyptology sources - who are these pharaohs you keep claiming exist, but never produce? And what are the dates of their reigns?

― Niels Bohr

-- Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook