Page 1 of 16  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How Many Evolutionist Truly Understand Evolutionism?
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 10:45AM #1
How Many Evolutionist Truly Understand Evolutionism?

Truly?  None.

If they did they would  be able to explain how beneficial mutations  accumulate, increase the information in the DNA and form complex systems such as the echo-location system of the dolphin. 

Of course they have 3 replies.
1)Go read a good biology book.
2)You don't have the ability to understand it.
3)It's already been explained...but I can't find  the post. 

So my evo friends...do you TRULY understand evolutionism? 

Is there not 1 evo out there who can explain how so few beneficial mutations have the ability accumulate in the future generation of their offspring? 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 10:52AM #2
amcolph

Sep 9, 2011 -- 10:45AM, 57 wrote:

Truly?  None.

If they did they would  be able to explain how beneficial mutations  accumulate, increase the information in the DNA and form complex systems such as the echo-location system of the dolphin. 

Is there not 1 evo out there who can explain how so few beneficial mutations have the ability accumulate in the future generation of their offspring? 

No, we don't understand "evolutionism."   It's a crackpot straw-man misrepresentation of the real theory of evolution designed to fool people like you.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 10:58AM #3
EarthScientist

Truly?  None.

I know enough to understand your question makes no sense and is not based on any real version of evolutionary theory out there. Hope that helps.

I know enough to realize you have no clue what you're talking about when you discuss evolution or any branch of science.

I'm pragmatic enough to know that you haven't actually read any biology books, that such requisite knowledge would amount to several thousand pages of biology text and you smarmily want it condensed down to something easy, analogized, with all working and hard maths removed (in your case anything beyond 8th grade algebra) and able to fit in a internet message board....which you'll just dismiss as a cartoon book version, when in reality you don't even know the finger paint version. I know thsi because I've watched you for years on this message board.

Now please, ignore all the above, claim some nebulous triumph and proclaim next or some other silly childish behavior.

Moderated by Jcarlinbn on Sep 09, 2011 - 10:52PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 11:27AM #4

Sep 9, 2011 -- 10:52AM, amcolph wrote:

No, we don't understand "evolutionism."   It's a crackpot straw-man misrepresentation of the real theory of evolution designed to fool people like you.

Well there you go, amcolph skirts the question by using excuse #2.

Thanks for showing us that you don't understand evolutionism. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 11:31AM #5

Sep 9, 2011 -- 10:58AM, EarthScientist wrote:

I know enough to understand your question makes no sense and is not based on any real version of evolutionary theory out there. Hope that helps.

So the T.O.E. says mutations don't accumulate? 

I know enough to realize you have no clue what you're talking about when you discuss evolution or any branch of science.

Falls back on #2

I'm pragmatic enough to know that you haven't actually read any biology books,

Falls back to #1

that such requisite knowledge would amount to several thousand pages of biology text and you smarmily want it condensed down to something easy, analogized, with all working and hard maths removed (in your case anything beyond 8th grade algebra) and able to fit in a internet message board....which you'll just dismiss as a cartoon book version, when in reality you don't even know the finger paint version. I know thsi because I've watched you for years on this message board.

Now please, ignore all the above, claim some nebulous triumph and proclaim next or some other silly childish behavior.

Resorts to ad-hominem attacks.

In the above post earthscientist demonstrated  that he can't explain how mutations accumulate.

Moderated by Jcarlinbn on Sep 09, 2011 - 10:53PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 11:48AM #6
MMarcoe

They say this because your posts betray a profound ignorance of biology.

Your posts indicate that you don't get what people keep telling you over and over and over.

This is a lie and you know it. Take the leap and learn. I assure you it will not kill your faith in Jesus; it will only kill your YEC model.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 11:53AM #7

Sep 9, 2011 -- 11:48AM, MMarcoe wrote:

They say this because your posts betray a profound ignorance of biology.

Your posts indicate that you don't get what people keep telling you over and over and over.

This is a lie and you know it. Take the leap and learn. I assure you it will not kill your faith in Jesus; it will only kill your YEC model.

MMarcoe steps up to the plate...takes 3 swings and strikes out.  

Once again another evo has posted who can't explain how mutations add  up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 11:55AM #8
EarthScientist

Sep 9, 2011 -- 11:31AM, 57 wrote:

So the T.O.E. says mutations don't accumulate? 

That's not your ignorant question.

In the above post earthscientist demonstrated  that he can't explain how mutations accumulate.

Your powers of deduction are weak, don't confuse not wasting time on your silly demands with not knowing anything like you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 12:33PM #9
d_p_m

Truly?  None.

Of course not. There are no 'evolutionists' in the sense that you mean. However, those of us who understand the Theory of Evolution, also understand that 'evolutionism' is a YECist propaganda term and straw man used to try to confuse information around the truth of the ToE.

If they did they would  be able to explain how beneficial mutations  accumulate,

Already done, hundreds of times, just in this forum alone.

increase the information in the DNA

Already done, time and time again, just in this forum alone.

and form complex systems such as the echo-location system of the dolphin.

Done, here, and in hundreds of textbooks and hundreds of thousands of scientific papers.

Sound advice, but YECists seem averse to this for some strange reason. One wonders why they don't actually go to good sources of information about biology to answer their questions about biology.

The ROC precludes giving a complete answer.

w

Odd, since recently, each time we update the partial count of the  scores of times we have given you these answers, we include a sample of 6-7 different complete explanations, or links to extensive explanations, along with poster, date, and time of an instance of the posting of that explanation.

Yup. It's a YECist sham, a straw man that demonstrates how badly YECists fail to understand evolution, science, and reality.

I love the economy with which YECists manage to package more than one error in a single sentence.

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."

― Niels Bohr

“Extinguished theologians lie about the cradle of every science as the strangled snakes beside that of Hercules; and history records that whenever science and orthodoxy have been fairly opposed, the latter has been forced to retire from the lists, bleeding and crushed if not annihilated; scotched, if not slain.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley, Lay Sermons, Addresses, and Reviews

“The science, the art, the jurisprudence, the chief political and social theories, of the modern world have grown out of Greece and Rome—not by favour of, but in the teeth of, the fundamental teachings of early Christianity, to which science, art, and any serious occupation with the things of this world were alike despicable.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley, Agnosticism and Christianity and Other Essays
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2011 - 12:35PM #10
d_p_m

Sep 9, 2011 -- 11:27AM, 57 wrote:

Sep 9, 2011 -- 10:52AM, amcolph wrote:

Well there you go, amcolph skirts the question by using excuse #2.

Thanks for showing us that you don't understand evolutionism. 

What the above really proves is that Amcolph understands 'evolutionism' perfectly, and sees through the YECist sham.

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."

― Niels Bohr

“Extinguished theologians lie about the cradle of every science as the strangled snakes beside that of Hercules; and history records that whenever science and orthodoxy have been fairly opposed, the latter has been forced to retire from the lists, bleeding and crushed if not annihilated; scotched, if not slain.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley, Lay Sermons, Addresses, and Reviews

“The science, the art, the jurisprudence, the chief political and social theories, of the modern world have grown out of Greece and Rome—not by favour of, but in the teeth of, the fundamental teachings of early Christianity, to which science, art, and any serious occupation with the things of this world were alike despicable.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley, Agnosticism and Christianity and Other Essays
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 16  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook