Post Reply
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Brain Chemistry and Personality after Death
3 years ago  ::  May 18, 2011 - 5:10PM #1
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,655

iama:  Based upon the author's biblical knowledge, Dr Wieland, a medical doctor, discusses body, soul and spirit existence, and mind, replying to a previously written article:



Brain chemistry and the fate of the personality after death


Comment on the paper by Keith Augustine: The Scientific Case for Extinction of the         Personality at Death


by Dr Carl Wieland, 2004




.
The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 21, 2011 - 1:20AM #2
williejhonlo
Posts: 3,685

May 18, 2011 -- 5:10PM, iamachildofhis wrote:


iama:  Based upon the author's biblical knowledge, Dr Wieland, a medical doctor, discusses body, soul and spirit existence, and mind, replying to a previously written article:



Brain chemistry and the fate of the personality after death


Comment on the paper by Keith Augustine: The Scientific Case for Extinction of the Personality at Death


by Dr Carl Wieland, 2004




.


Enjoyed the articles iama, especially about information being something non-material.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2011 - 6:14AM #3
Blü
Posts: 24,925

Dr Wieland is a blatherskate who has no idea what he's talking about.


It seems trite to add that his claims have no foundation in fact.


I'm greatly relieved that he isn't my physician.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2011 - 8:31AM #4
teilhard
Posts: 51,067

(" ... blatherskate ... " ... ???)


Is Dr. Janis Amatuzio a "blatherskate" too ... ???


May 22, 2011 -- 6:14AM, Blü wrote:


Dr Wieland is a blatherskate who has no idea what he's talking about.


It seems trite to add that his claims have no foundation in fact.


I'm greatly relieved that he isn't my physician.





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2011 - 9:05AM #5
Blü
Posts: 24,925

teilhard


Last time you mentioned her, I gave you a reasoned case about the insufficiency of all her evidence and the outright evidence-based refutation of one of the cases she relied on.


You were unable to make a reasoned a reply to that.


Yet despite the manifest failings of her techniques of reasoned enquiry, she's not nearly so egregious an example as Dr Wieland.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 11:46AM #6
teilhard
Posts: 51,067

No ... I don't recall that to be so ...


Reference, please ... ???


May 22, 2011 -- 9:05AM, Blü wrote:


teilhard


Last time you mentioned her, I gave you a reasoned case about the insufficiency of all her evidence and the outright evidence-based refutation of one of the cases she relied on.





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 8:05PM #7
Blü
Posts: 24,925

teilhard


I have no idea where it is now. Look up the last time you mentioned the lady to me and find it for yourself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 28, 2011 - 5:54PM #8
teilhard
Posts: 51,067

uh huh ...


I have know Dr. Janis Amatuzio as a Professional Colleague ... for 30+ years ...


She is a VERY Serious and highly regarded Medical-Scientific Person ...


I have  NO  REASON  to doubt the Veracity of her Accounts as detailed in her two Books ...


May 23, 2011 -- 8:05PM, Blü wrote:


teilhard


I have no idea where it is now.





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 28, 2011 - 9:19PM #9
Blü
Posts: 24,925

teilhard


Perhaps you could quote an authenticated case from Dr Amatuzio in which a person experiencing an NDE (or even an OoBE if you like) returned from the ride with information about reality that he or she didn't previously possess and which was beyond his or her range of sensory perception.


Something, in other words, that demonstrably distinguishes the experience from a wholly mental event.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 29, 2011 - 12:43AM #10
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,655

May 28, 2011 -- 9:19PM, Blü wrote:



Blu: teilhard,


Perhaps you could quote an authenticated case from Dr Amatuzio in which a person experiencing an NDE (or even an OoBE if you like) returned from the ride with information about reality that he or she didn't previously possess and which was beyond his or her range of sensory perception.


Something, in other words, that demonstrably distinguishes the experience from a wholly mental event.



 


iama:  Four year old Colton Burpo, while on the operating table, visits Heaven. 


Scroll down for several chapters from the book:



Heaven Is For Real


by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent


 


.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook