Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Ancient Egyptians lived through magnetic pole shift
4 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2011 - 9:11AM #1
Thalia
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2011 - 8:17PM #2
Priestessmack

WHAT IS IT YOU ARE SAYING? NASA? ANCIENT EGYPTIANS, THAT IS MY SPECIALTY.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 3:41AM #3
Namchuck

Jan 12, 2011 -- 9:11AM, Thalia wrote:

Magnetic north pole shift: NASA and Egyptians say this has happened before.

The magnetic poles of the Earth have shifted many times throughout its history. There is no indication from what the Egyptians supposedly told the Greek historian Herodotus that they had even the foggiest notion of the existence of the Earth's magnetic poles. They simply reported some phenomena that might indicate that that is what might have happened.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 3:44AM #4
Namchuck

Apr 20, 2011 -- 8:17PM, Priestessmack wrote:

WHAT IS IT YOU ARE SAYING? NASA? ANCIENT EGYPTIANS, THAT IS MY SPECIALTY.

Pleased to meet you, Priestessmack!

Egypt, and the Classical World, is my speciality, too.

Thalia's news below is rather old. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2011 - 7:37PM #5
ozero

It's possible.  The last pole reversal was 780,000 years ago and there were very likely some of our hominid ancestors, probably Homo Erectus, living in the area of Egypt at the time.  I guess that would make them Ancient Egyptians.  They didn't leave many written records though.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2011 - 5:34AM #6
Priestessmack

RUGBY OR POLO IS PLAYED WITH A POLE RIGHT?  SOME ANCIENTS PLAYED QUITE INTENSIVE SPORTS BACK IN THE DAY.  WHEN THERE IS SO MUCH DISREGARD AS TO HOW AN OPPONET IS HANDLED, THERE HAS TO BE A SUPERNATURAL ENTITY.  THE AMERICAN FLAG IS TRADITIONALLY ON A POLE.  AND I SEE A KNIGHT ON A HORSE RACING TOWARD THE OPPONET WITH A LONG POLE. (FORGIVE ME FOR BEING GRAPHIC) WHOEVER LOSES GETS DECAPITATED AND HOW FAR AND HOW FAST (IT) TRAVELS WAS CONSIDERED SPORT.  IT HAS TO BE A SUPERNATURAL POWER THERE.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2011 - 5:43AM #7
Priestessmack

ONE IMPORTANT THING I WANT TO SAY IS THIS, ANCIENT EGYPTIANS BELIEVED IN ORDER AND THOSE WHO DISTURBED THE PEACE WERE ILL TOLERATED DEPENDING ON THEIR IMPORTANCE LEVEL IN SOCIETY.  THERE WAS THE PAPYRUS AND PLENTY OF WRITTEN WORKS ON THE INSIDE OF TOMBS AND BURIAL SITES.  THERE WERE ALSO SONGS AND PRAISE DANCING.  EGYPTIANS WERE ACCEPTING OF NEW COMERS BUT NOT QUICK TO ALLOW THEM IN THEIR INNER CIRCLE, OBVIOUS REASONS OF COURSE.  SOON AS THE ANCIENTS LET LOOSE WITH THE STRICT REGIME, THEY WERE BETRAYED AND TAKEN OVER.  HARD LESSON TO LEARN AND IT CAN MAKE ONE VERY BITTER AND A LITTLE HOSTILE TOWARD THOSE PROFESSING TO MAKE FRIENDS.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2011 - 12:04PM #8
lucaspa

Apr 27, 2011 -- 5:43AM, Priestessmack wrote:

ONE IMPORTANT THING I WANT TO SAY IS THIS, ANCIENT EGYPTIANS BELIEVED IN ORDER AND THOSE WHO DISTURBED THE PEACE WERE ILL TOLERATED DEPENDING ON THEIR IMPORTANCE LEVEL IN SOCIETY.  THERE WAS THE PAPYRUS AND PLENTY OF WRITTEN WORKS ON THE INSIDE OF TOMBS AND BURIAL SITES.  THERE WERE ALSO SONGS AND PRAISE DANCING.  EGYPTIANS WERE ACCEPTING OF NEW COMERS BUT NOT QUICK TO ALLOW THEM IN THEIR INNER CIRCLE, OBVIOUS REASONS OF COURSE.  SOON AS THE ANCIENTS LET LOOSE WITH THE STRICT REGIME, THEY WERE BETRAYED AND TAKEN OVER.  HARD LESSON TO LEARN AND IT CAN MAKE ONE VERY BITTER AND A LITTLE HOSTILE TOWARD THOSE PROFESSING TO MAKE FRIENDS.

And what does this have to do with shifts in the magnetic poles?  BTW, you might want to lose the caps.  It makes it look like you are shouting the whole time.

"If sound science appears to contradict the Bible, we may be sure that it is our interpretation of the Bible that is at fault."  Christian Observer, 1832, pg. 437

"Christians should look on evolution simply as the method by which God works."  James McCosh, theologian and President of Princeton, The Religious Aspects of Evolution, 2d ed. 1890, pg 68.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 03, 2011 - 8:47PM #9
Namchuck

Apr 27, 2011 -- 5:34AM, Priestessmack wrote:

RUGBY OR POLO IS PLAYED WITH A POLE RIGHT?  SOME ANCIENTS PLAYED QUITE INTENSIVE SPORTS BACK IN THE DAY.  WHEN THERE IS SO MUCH DISREGARD AS TO HOW AN OPPONET IS HANDLED, THERE HAS TO BE A SUPERNATURAL ENTITY.  THE AMERICAN FLAG IS TRADITIONALLY ON A POLE.  AND I SEE A KNIGHT ON A HORSE RACING TOWARD THE OPPONET WITH A LONG POLE. (FORGIVE ME FOR BEING GRAPHIC) WHOEVER LOSES GETS DECAPITATED AND HOW FAR AND HOW FAST (IT) TRAVELS WAS CONSIDERED SPORT.  IT HAS TO BE A SUPERNATURAL POWER THERE.

Can't quite follow your reasoning, here, Priestessmack?

Pole vaulters, obviously, use poles, and lollypops come on a stick, which is a sort of a mini pole, but what does this have to do with anything supernatural?

And, yes, the caps do have the effect of making it look like your shouting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2011 - 12:06AM #10
Myownpath

Namchuck, I think priestessmack is saying that people used "magic" wands long ago and today... and the earth is really on one big long invisible, magical pole analogous in the same way that charging forward on a horse with a pole is really a magical phallic gesture....or at least sticks are deciders of life and death. Consider divining rods, lightning rods, swords,  the staff of Moses parting the Red Sea, the gesture of the raised middle finger, erections.  All life givers or life takers - conduits of power. The line is the yang (male) to the yin. A line indicates direction, speed, action, purpose, beginning, initiation. There is much power in this.

Either that or magnetic and magic and the definitions of poles are getting confused.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook