Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View World's Oldest Human Remains Found in Israel By: William Lee Adams
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 5:33PM #1
rocketjsquirell

Creationists beware: The following article talks about human remains of greater age than Creationism accounts for.

For everyone else: Isn't it amazing! They keep finding earlier and earlier human and proto-human remains.

World's Oldest Human Remains Found in Israel

Africa may not be the birthplace of modern man after all.

Israeli archaeologists digging in caves  east of Tel Aviv have discovered eight human teeth dating from 400,000  years ago, which may be the earliest traces of the human species.

Read more: newsfeed.time.com/2010/12/29/worlds-olde...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 7:40PM #2
Ebon

Fascinating! Not enough to kill off the "out of Africa" theory in itself (since they could be anomolous) but certainly posts some delightful questions.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 9:54PM #3
Erey

It seems that some of these incredible findings out of Israel are latter discredited.  Like the osuary of Jesus's brother.

It is interesting and it definately caught my attention but I would want to wait to know more and have more scientists verify,

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 11:53PM #4
Ebon

Well, obviously, it'll need to be tested and verified and so on, that goes without saying. But if it's real...

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 12:12AM #5
Roodog

Jan 3, 2011 -- 5:33PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Creationists beware: The following article talks about human remains of greater age than Creationism accounts for.

For everyone else: Isn't it amazing! They keep finding earlier and earlier human and proto-human remains.

Israeli archaeologists digging in caves east of Tel Aviv have discovered eight human teeth dating from 400,000 years ago, which may be the earliest traces of the human species.

You know that the cradle of mankind is inaccessible because it's guarded by angels with big swords!!Wink

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 3:18AM #6
CharikIeia

Jan 3, 2011 -- 9:54PM, Erey wrote:

It seems that some of these incredible findings out of Israel are latter discredited.  Like the osuary of Jesus's brother.

It is interesting and it definately caught my attention but I would want to wait to know more and have more scientists verify,

Exactly.

It is a bit ridiculous how archeology and anthropology gets hyped when excavations happen in Israel. Mankind needs to grow up and treat this piece of land like any other piece of land...

Well, some do. I guess just the "monotheistic half" of the planet is affected here...

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 9:13AM #7
Christianlib

Jan 4, 2011 -- 12:12AM, Roodog wrote:

Israeli archaeologists digging in caves east of Tel Aviv have discovered eight human teeth dating from 400,000 years ago, which may be the earliest traces of the human species.

You know that the cradle of mankind is inaccessible because it's guarded by angels with big swords!!

Ah, but Roo, as the only two humans living there were thrown out, there are no human remains to be found in that garden.Surprised

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 9:15AM #8
Christianlib

On a serious note. In archeology and anthropology, there is a great difference between "human" and "humanoid."

Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 9:59AM #9
mecdukebec

Jan 4, 2011 -- 12:12AM, Roodog wrote:

You know that the cradle of mankind is inaccessible because it's guarded by angels with big swords!!Wink

A lot of women have encountered men claiming "big swords."  I'd tend to be skeptical.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 10:02AM #10
Christianlib

Most women know, men with small feet are lying about having long swords, flaming or not.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook