Post Reply
Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Switch to Forum Live View How Religion conquered Science and vise versa.
4 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2010 - 1:23PM #111
teilhard
Posts: 51,200

LOL ... So much for open-minded "Free Thinking" ...


Dec 14, 2010 -- 3:08AM, Vardu wrote:


Yes, exactly, but more so their leaders.


It is right there that one can see infamy at its worst.


I know of theists on these threads who have no scruples against becoming mendacious if they see it as furthering their righteous cause.


Dec 13, 2010 -- 10:13PM, teilhard wrote:


LOL ... Your Claim is that by DEFINITION Religious Faith Communities have been cynical and perfidious ...


Dec 10, 2010 -- 9:02PM, Vardu wrote:


Dec 9, 2010 -- 11:31AM, Cryano wrote:


"And ... Communities of Faith have ALWAYS everywhere established and supported Schools, Colleges, Universities, Publishing Houses, Libraries, and Laboratories ..."


And everywhere and always they have done it with the ultimate goal of spreading the "Faith." They have no interest in learning or knowledge as such. Their only goal is to provide support for their mythology.


I remember a night in Church yea these many decades past when the pastor was urging donations for foreign missions. And he explained the need to "donate" in this way.


"This money goes to winning souls for Christ. After all if that not what is is about we could just a easily send a check to the Red Cross."




I think the evidence is overwhelming in support of what you say, Cyrano. The Church has never been partisans of free inquiry, and whenever it has produced a smokescreen of being such, it has always had an ulterior motive - colonising the mind.













Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2010 - 3:49PM #112
JCarlin
Posts: 6,691

Open minded free thinking does not mean ignoring the obvious.  An open minded free thinker can determine ignorance and bigotry as well as anybody.  Open minded does not mean stupid. 


Dec 14, 2010 -- 1:23PM, teilhard wrote:

LOL ... So much for open-minded "Free Thinking"...




J'Carlin
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't cram your foot in it and complain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2010 - 12:08AM #113
teilhard
Posts: 51,200

I agree ... !!!


And -- OBVIOUSLY !!! -- NOT all Atheists are (in FACT) open-minded free-thinkers ) though SOME are such), but SOME are OTOH "ignorant bigots" ... as are indeed SOME People of Faith ... !!!


It's a common HUMAN problem, you see ...


Dec 14, 2010 -- 3:49PM, JCarlin wrote:


Open minded free thinking does not mean ignoring the obvious.  An open minded free thinker can determine ignorance and bigotry as well as anybody.  Open minded does not mean stupid. 


Dec 14, 2010 -- 1:23PM, teilhard wrote:

LOL ... So much for open-minded "Free Thinking"...








Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2010 - 2:38AM #114
Vardu
Posts: 786

And some theists are just downright liars, huh, teilhard?


 


Dec 15, 2010 -- 12:08AM, teilhard wrote:


I agree ... !!!


And -- OBVIOUSLY !!! -- NOT all Atheists are (in FACT) open-minded free-thinkers )though SOME are such), but SOME are OTOH "ignorant bigots" ... as are indeed SOME People of Faith ... !!!


It's a common HUMAN problem, you see ...


Dec 14, 2010 -- 3:49PM, JCarlin wrote:


Open minded free thinking does not mean ignoring the obvious.  An open minded free thinker can determine ignorance and bigotry as well as anybody.  Open minded does not mean stupid. 


Dec 14, 2010 -- 1:23PM, teilhard wrote:

LOL ... So much for open-minded "Free Thinking"...












Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2010 - 1:05PM #115
teilhard
Posts: 51,200

EVERY Human Being is a Sinner ...


Dec 15, 2010 -- 2:38AM, Vardu wrote:


And some theists are just downright liars, huh, teilhard?


 


Dec 15, 2010 -- 12:08AM, teilhard wrote:


I agree ... !!!


And -- OBVIOUSLY !!! -- NOT all Atheists are (in FACT) open-minded free-thinkers ) though SOME are such), but SOME are OTOH "ignorant bigots" ... as are indeed SOME People of Faith ... !!!


It's a common HUMAN problem, you see ...


Dec 14, 2010 -- 3:49PM, JCarlin wrote:


Open minded free thinking does not mean ignoring the obvious.  An open minded free thinker can determine ignorance and bigotry as well as anybody.  Open minded does not mean stupid. 


Dec 14, 2010 -- 1:23PM, teilhard wrote:

LOL ... So much for open-minded "Free Thinking"...
















Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2010 - 2:14AM #116
Vardu
Posts: 786

Only according to the beliefs of your primitive and insupportable world view, which, I suppose, amounts to one big lie.


Dec 15, 2010 -- 1:05PM, teilhard wrote:


EVERY Human Being is a Sinner ...


Dec 15, 2010 -- 2:38AM, Vardu wrote:


And some theists are just downright liars, huh, teilhard?


 


Dec 15, 2010 -- 12:08AM, teilhard wrote:


I agree ... !!!


And -- OBVIOUSLY !!! -- NOT all Atheists are (in FACT) open-minded free-thinkers ) though SOME are such), but SOME are OTOH "ignorant bigots" ... as are indeed SOME People of Faith ... !!!


It's a common HUMAN problem, you see ...


Dec 14, 2010 -- 3:49PM, JCarlin wrote:


Open minded free thinking does not mean ignoring the obvious.  An open minded free thinker can determine ignorance and bigotry as well as anybody.  Open minded does not mean stupid. 


Dec 14, 2010 -- 1:23PM, teilhard wrote:

LOL ... So much for open-minded "Free Thinking"...




















Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2010 - 2:52PM #117
teilhard
Posts: 51,200

 


It DOES come down to The "World-View" Question, doesn't it ... ???


Dec 16, 2010 -- 2:14AM, Vardu wrote:


Only according to the beliefs of your primitive and insupportable world view, which, I suppose, amounts to one big lie.


Dec 15, 2010 -- 1:05PM, teilhard wrote:


EVERY Human Being is a Sinner ...


Dec 15, 2010 -- 2:38AM, Vardu wrote:


And some theists are just downright liars, huh, teilhard?


 


Dec 15, 2010 -- 12:08AM, teilhard wrote:


I agree ... !!!


And -- OBVIOUSLY !!! -- NOT all Atheists are (in FACT) open-minded free-thinkers ) though SOME are such), but SOME are OTOH "ignorant bigots" ... as are indeed SOME People of Faith ... !!!


It's a common HUMAN problem, you see ...


Dec 14, 2010 -- 3:49PM, JCarlin wrote:


Open minded free thinking does not mean ignoring the obvious.  An open minded free thinker can determine ignorance and bigotry as well as anybody.  Open minded does not mean stupid. 


Dec 14, 2010 -- 1:23PM, teilhard wrote:

LOL ... So much for open-minded "Free Thinking"...
























Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2010 - 4:42PM #118
Vardu
Posts: 786

Indubitably, but some world views are without any merit whatsoever, like the religious ones that blaspheme one another while, at the same time, have nothing relevant to say about a thing.


 


Dec 16, 2010 -- 2:52PM, teilhard wrote:


 


It DOES come down to The "World-View" Question, doesn't it ... ???


Dec 16, 2010 -- 2:14AM, Vardu wrote:


Only according to the beliefs of your primitive and insupportable world view, which, I suppose, amounts to one big lie.


Dec 15, 2010 -- 1:05PM, teilhard wrote:


EVERY Human Being is a Sinner ...


Dec 15, 2010 -- 2:38AM, Vardu wrote:


And some theists are just downright liars, huh, teilhard?


 


Dec 15, 2010 -- 12:08AM, teilhard wrote:


I agree ... !!!


And -- OBVIOUSLY !!! -- NOT all Atheists are (in FACT) open-minded free-thinkers ) though SOME are such), but SOME are OTOH "ignorant bigots" ... as are indeed SOME People of Faith ... !!!


It's a common HUMAN problem, you see ...


Dec 14, 2010 -- 3:49PM, JCarlin wrote:


Open minded free thinking does not mean ignoring the obvious.  An open minded free thinker can determine ignorance and bigotry as well as anybody.  Open minded does not mean stupid. 


Dec 14, 2010 -- 1:23PM, teilhard wrote:

LOL ... So much for open-minded "Free Thinking"...




























Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook