Page 7 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Social Chit-Chat and Other Off-Topic Stuff
4 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2010 - 9:48PM #61
Cryano

My daughter Joan has moved here recently from CA. Just how and why is long story but as she tells those who ask, "I'm doing the good daughter thing."

She has 3 cats the oldest Tara was 14. Tara has been with my daughter since she was a 6wk old kitten. Joan called me late yesterday in tears asking me to come to her apt. When I got there she was on the floor a dying Tara in her arms crying like she was 7 instead of 46.

We buried Tara today in the back yard under a newly planted Cherry tree. She planted some catnip "so other cats will come and visit." A picture of the grave is on my profile page.

Joan has had what is called in polite circles a "colorful" life. The scars from that life are both physical and mental and easy to see. This will be a small one but it aggravates those older and deeper ones. She dealt with this new one by renewing an old and very damaging relationship with one John Barleycorn.

There are no actual demon's. But it easy to see why some think so.

Religion is the longest running most successful con game in history. It works because the victims never realize they have been taken. They die first.

Although certain modern catholics are beginning to see the light.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2010 - 9:56PM #62
Wendyness

Apr 21, 2010 -- 9:48PM, Cryano wrote:

My daughter Joan has moved here recently from CA. Just how and why is long story but as she tells those who ask, "I'm doing the good daughter thing."

She has 3 cats the oldest Tara was 14. Tara has been with my daughter since she was a 6wk old kitten. Joan called me late yesterday in tears asking me to come to her apt. When I got there she was on the floor a dying Tara in her arms crying like she was 7 instead of 46.

We buried Tara today in the back yard under a newly planted Cherry tree. She planted some catnip "so other cats will come and visit." A picture of the grave is on my profile page.

Joan has had what is called in polite circles a "colorful" life. The scars from that life are both physical and mental and easy to see. This will be a small one but it aggravates those older and deeper ones. She dealt with this new one by renewing an old and vary damaging relationship with one John Barleycorn.

The hardest part of being a parent is to watch your child suffer, even at the loss of a beloved animal friend of 14 years.  My soul mate (much to my husbands dismay) is a 12 year old Jack Russell that has brought me more joy than most humans.  I have warned my husband, it won't be easy to lose such a good friend.  

I'm sorry.

Most sincerely,

Wendy

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2010 - 10:15PM #63
Cryano

Thank you.

This incident and what followed have sent me into a mild depression. Joan just called. She is out of booze and out of $ so for the nite she is OK. Tomorrow . . . ?

For reasons I fail to understand I can often deal with these kinds of things by writing.

Sometimes even writing well.Surprised ????

Religion is the longest running most successful con game in history. It works because the victims never realize they have been taken. They die first.

Although certain modern catholics are beginning to see the light.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2010 - 12:13AM #64
rangerken

Then by all means write here, Cryano. We may not be able to offer tangible help, but if good wishes from all, and prayers from those of us who believe in them can help, you certainly have and will get those from this community.

Perhaps only another parent can really comprehend the joys and sorrows our children bring us. Likewise, only those of us who have shared love with a pet really compehend how they touch us and how our lives are lightened by them, and darkened when they leave us.

May the God I believe in send his grace to your daughter and you, and whether or not you are a 'believer', may you and your daughter find solace, peace, and recovery.

Rangerken, Beliefnet Community Moderator

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2010 - 12:13AM #65
Wendyness

Apr 21, 2010 -- 10:15PM, Cryano wrote:

Thank you.

This incident and what followed have sent me into a mild depression. Joan just called. She is out of booze and out of $ so for the nite she is OK. Tomorrow . . . ?

For reasons I fail to understand I can often deal with these kinds of things by writing.

Sometimes even writing well.Surprised ????

One day at a time.  Writing is healing.  Get it out, don't hold it in, that may make you sick.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2010 - 11:22AM #66
teilhard

Apr 21, 2010 -- 9:48PM, Cryano wrote:

Joan has had what is called in polite circles a "colorful" life. The scars from that life are both physical and mental and easy to see. This will be a small one but it aggravates those older and deeper ones. She dealt with this new one by renewing an old and very damaging relationship with one John Barleycorn.

Companion Animals are VERY wonderful Familiy members ... I'm sorry for your Daughter's loss ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2010 - 11:24AM #67
teilhard

Apr 21, 2010 -- 10:15PM, Cryano wrote:

Thank you.

Sometimes even writing well. ????

Yeah ... Those Parent-Child Relationships AGE over Time, but they REMAIN Parent-Child as such ...

Can't help it ... We Do worry and take EVERYTHING about our Children and Grand-Children "to Heart" ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2010 - 12:27PM #68
teilhard

Today the Sky is CLEAR, so we call it a "Sunny" Day ...

If the Sky is Clear Tonight, will it be a "Moonny" Night ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2010 - 6:04PM #69
rangerken

That depends on how far you bend over and what you're wearing.

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2010 - 2:04PM #70
teilhard

Apr 27, 2010 -- 6:04PM, rangerken wrote:

That depends on how far you bend over and what you're wearing.

"Oh!!  You wicked, wicked Monkey ... !!!"

-- Mrs. Euphegenia Doubtfire

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook