Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Social Chit-Chat and Other Off-Topic Stuff
4 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2010 - 12:16PM #1
teilhard

Our Esteemed BeliefNet OverLord-Moderator-Person has suggested starting-up a Hot-Air Thread for Social Chit-Chat Stuff ...

"This is IT ... !!! Make no Mistake where you are ... You're going no further ... This is It ... !!! Until it's over-and-done ... The Waiting is over ... !!!"

-- that Sweet Song by "What's-his-Name" ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2010 - 1:15PM #2
teilhard

Okay ... I'll go first ...

I'm TIRED ... !!! I've got presently three Congregants in "Hospice" Care ... Who could Imagine that Dying would extract so much Energy from The Living ... ???

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2010 - 4:36AM #3
Don't_Be_Captious

I'm not here often enough to participate in a thread like this.  My guess is while others around here could do it, they probably won't.  I'm pretty blunt, so I'll just come out & say this:  even though I'm an atheist, I don't abide dogmatic party-line groupthink, but imo that's what a lot of atheists do on Bnet.  It's not just the religionists, though obviously the religionists & theists are almost defined by their inability to do anything but groupthink.  But imo what's going on here so far with Teilhard's attempt to start a social chat thread, is that, because it's Teilhard, none of those who frequent this board, posting upwards of 10 to 100 posts a day overall on Beliefnet, will bother to participate.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2010 - 11:49AM #4
Wendyness

Apr 6, 2010 -- 1:15PM, teilhard wrote:

I'm TIRED ... !!! I've got presently three Congregants in "Hospice" Care ... Who could Imagine that Dying would extract so much Energy from The Living ... ???

Bringing comfort to those that suffer is draining.  It's not easy to see such human suffering.  I know that you have a BIG compassionate heart.  Bless you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2010 - 1:36PM #5
rangerken

Acting with compassion is something that is done by both believers and non-believers. It doesn't matter who does it. acting in a moral and compassionate way to the benefit of others is just the right thing to do. Believers like me think that's the way God wants us to act. non--believers think it's just the moral way to act. both are right!

well done Teilhard.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2010 - 5:02PM #6
teilhard

Apr 8, 2010 -- 11:49AM, Wendyness wrote:

Bringing comfort to those that suffer is draining.  It's not easy to see such human suffering.  I know that you have a BIG compassionate heart.  Bless you.

Thank you, Sister ... "God" Bless(+) you too ...

One of my Hospice Congregants died early this Morning -- a VERY sweet strong Lady in her 80s ... I'll miss her ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2010 - 6:13PM #7
Wendyness

Apr 8, 2010 -- 5:02PM, teilhard wrote:

Apr 8, 2010 -- 11:49AM, Wendyness wrote:

Thank you, Sister ... "God" Bless(+) you too ...

One of my Hospice Congregants died early this Morning -- a VERY sweet strong Lady in her 80s ... I'll miss her ...

I'm sure you will miss her, I miss those that have touched my life that have died, but they live on in my heart.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2010 - 9:10AM #8
Christianlib

Apr 8, 2010 -- 1:36PM, rangerken wrote:

Acting with compassion is something that is done by both believers and non-believers. It doesn't matter who does it. acting in a moral and compassionate way to the benefit of others is just the right thing to do. Believers like me think that's the way God wants us to act. non--believers think it's just the moral way to act. both are right!

well done Teilhard.

Ken

What is really confusing, and disturbing, is when we see self-professed "believers" who speak and act in very non-compassionate, intolerant, and hurtful ways.

And anyone who says they don't see that is either lying, or playing blind.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2010 - 11:40AM #9
Wendyness

Apr 9, 2010 -- 9:10AM, Christianlib wrote:

well done Teilhard.

Ken

What is really confusing, and disturbing, is when we see self-professed "believers" who speak and act in very non-compassionate, intolerant, and hurtful ways.

Ah CL, we all have our shadow and as we have seen most would like to deny it.  I assume you are speaking of the "fundies"? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2010 - 12:01PM #10
Christianlib

Apr 9, 2010 -- 11:40AM, Wendyness wrote:

Apr 9, 2010 -- 9:10AM, Christianlib wrote:

well done Teilhard.

Ken

Ah CL, we all have our shadow and as we have seen most would like to deny it.  I assume you are speaking of the "fundies"? 

Not necessarily.  And, most importantly, I am not saying that I personnally never fall short of the mark.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook