Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Switch to Forum Live View Non-realism about God
8 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2010 - 9:39AM #101
Ken

Mar 13, 2010 -- 6:19AM, caduceus wrote:

There is a scientific myth that says that science is somehow in control of nature.

No, there isn't. That may be a popular myth, but it certainly isn't a scientific myth.   

The myth is reinforced by a string of Hollywood movies where a lone scientist saves the world from disaster of cosmic proportions.

Just as I thought. You get all your science from old movies.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2010 - 11:19AM #102
caduceus

Mar 13, 2010 -- 9:39AM, Ken wrote:

There is a scientific myth that says that science is somehow in control of nature.

No, there isn't. That may be a popular myth, but it certainly isn't a scientific myth.   

The myth is reinforced by a string of Hollywood movies where a lone scientist saves the world from disaster of cosmic proportions.

OK, a popular scientific myth.

“We live at the level of our language. Whatever we can articulate we can imagine or explore. All you have to do to educate a child is leave him alone and teach him to read. The rest is brainwashing.”
Ellen Gilcrist
Visit my website
www.n-atlantis.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2010 - 11:54AM #103
Ken

Mar 13, 2010 -- 11:19AM, caduceus wrote:

Mar 13, 2010 -- 9:39AM, Ken wrote:

OK, a popular scientific myth.

No, a popular myth about science. An enlightened and well-regulated mind does not condescend to concern itself with popular myths.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook