Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
5 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 9:26AM #11
Ken

Mar 8, 2010 -- 1:45AM, iamachildofhis wrote:

Mr. Guy: Becoming a Born Again Christian wouldn't be much fun.

We are all created human beings.

We were created for our Creator-God's purpose.

To become a Born Again Christian was God's original diving purpose in creation human beings.

Therefore, since this present existence is what it is, assuming that we appreciate it, then, the future prepared for Born Again Christians will be so much more!!

"For we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is."

Your post is off-topic and unpardonably rude. People are sharing their fears in this thread. Steven has said that he wouldn't like to become a born-again Christian. If that's what he fears, that's what he fears. He was not asking you to agree or disagree with him. Keep your damned piety to yourself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 12:29PM #12
teilhard

Mar 8, 2010 -- 3:12AM, Blü wrote:

... that dingbat Paul came along with his - um - unusual mental events.

Brother Blu --

My Lord, The Historical Jesus of Nazareth (reportedly, in Matthew 7:1ff), once issued a caution regarding such "kind" of comments -- " ... with the judgment you make you will be judged ... "  So ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 5:03PM #13
Blü

teilhard

The elements of the story are reported in your own book.  They show Paul's conversion as arising from an unusual mental event, more like epilepsy than anything else (though it could have been a migrainous effect, something in the tea &c).

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 12:45PM #14
teilhard

Mar 8, 2010 -- 5:03PM, Blü wrote:

teilhard

The elements of the story are reported in your own book.  They show Paul's conversion as arising from an unusual mental event, more like epilepsy than anything else (though it could have been a migrainous effect, something in the tea &c).

Brother Blu ...

Your Desperation is showing again ... expressed again as Ignorant Speculation ...

The Notion that Paul's Damascus Road Experience was "Migraine" is simply GOOFY ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 6:09PM #15
Blü

teilhard

The Notion that Paul's Damascus Road Experience was "Migraine" is simply  GOOFY ...

You appear unaware that certain migraines, especially in the period they're active in the hind-brain, can induce hallucinations in some people.

However, the majority opinion of Paul is epilepsy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 7:17PM #16
teilhard

Mar 9, 2010 -- 6:09PM, Blü wrote:

teilhard

The Notion that Paul's Damascus Road Experience was "Migraine" is simply GOOFY ...

You appear unaware that certain migraines, especially in the period they're active in the hind-brain, can induce hallucinations in some people.

However, the majority opinion of Paul is epilepsy.

Nope ...

Actually "The Majority Opinion" re: "Paul's Damascus Road Call Experience" is that he WAS Called -- NOT hallucinating ...

But then, IF we're going to decide such Questions by Majority Vote, then ... "God" wins ... !!!

BTW, re: "Migraine," see Oliver Sacks' EXCELLENT Book by that name ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 11:32PM #17
Blü

teilhard

"The Majority Opinion"

I was thinking you'd be able to work out for yourself that I was talking about medical opinion.

My error.  Sorry.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2010 - 1:56PM #18
teilhard

Mar 9, 2010 -- 11:32PM, Blü wrote:

teilhard

"The Majority Opinion"

I was thinking you'd be able to work out for yourself that I was talking about medical opinion.

My error.  Sorry.

Ah, yes ... ALL those Neurologists who have actually Tested and Examined the Historical Saul of Tarsus "in Clinic" ... Got it ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2010 - 5:59PM #19
Blü

teilhard

ALL those Neurologists who have actually Tested and Examined the  Historical Saul of Tarsus "in Clinic"

No, just reading the medical notes he left.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2010 - 6:11PM #20
teilhard

Mar 10, 2010 -- 5:59PM, Blü wrote:

teilhard

ALL those Neurologists who have actually Tested and Examined the Historical Saul of Tarsus "in Clinic"

No, just reading the medical notes he left.

"Saul of Tarsus" was a "Neurologist" ... ???  ... huh ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook