Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
4 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2010 - 11:58PM #11
rangerken

First of all let me add my own welcome to Sam. Great thread...thanks!

Rangerken, Beliefnet Community Moderator

And now, in my  non-host personna......

I think 2bme has a point. Whereas I'd probably not agree with him as to why there are similarities among the ancients regarding various structures and understandings of phenomena, the evidence certainly shows there to be similarities. Speculating as to why can legitimately run the gamut from the spiritual to the non-spiritual... like cultural interaction due to travel... Kion Titki anyone?????

anyway, it's good for discussion1

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 10:24AM #12
Ken

Paris Herouni is an astronomer, not an archeologist. Zorats Karer (Carahunge) has been well-studied by professional archeologists, and they unanimously reject Herouni's conclusions. The site is no older than the Middle Bronze Age (c. 2200 - 1550 BCE).  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 6:02PM #13
Blü

Ken

Between the the pyramids and Homeric Troy?

Ah well, so it goes.  Thanks for that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2010 - 4:14PM #14
2bme

Mar 8, 2010 -- 10:24AM, Ken wrote:

Paris Herouni is an astronomer, not an archeologist. Zorats Karer (Carahunge) has been well-studied by professional archeologists, and they unanimously reject Herouni's conclusions. The site is no older than the Middle Bronze Age (c. 2200 - 1550 BCE).  

Paris Herouni is a scientist

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Herouni

One must always take what experts say regarding anything a little deeper with a grain of salt.  Experts are always debating the age of the Sphinx for example.  A person has to learn to use their own head. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2010 - 5:00PM #15
Ken

Mar 11, 2010 -- 4:14PM, 2bme wrote:

Mar 8, 2010 -- 10:24AM, Ken wrote:

Paris Herouni is a scientist

But not in the relevant discipline. Expertise in one area of science doesn't carry over to another.  

One must always take what experts say regarding anything a little deeper with a grain of salt.

There is nothing particularly "deep" about Carahunge.

Experts are always debating the age of the Sphinx for example.  A person has to learn to use their own head. 

No, a person has to either become an expert or wait until the experts sort it out. In this case, the experts have sorted it out. They agree that Carahunge dates from the Middle Bronze Age.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2011 - 12:38PM #16
christine3
Well from a divination perspective, all these ancient sites were built to mark the hours of the sun's passage.  Because to do divination correctly, one must know where (what hour) the sun is.  You have to use a sun dial in consulting.  Knowing East and West, also the hours when consulting, is paramount in getting the right answer to a question.  Divination came first, then religion came after.  Religion has lost it's basic roots.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2011 - 3:18PM #17
iamachildofhis

Feb 26, 2010 -- 9:38AM, sam wrote:

sam: Hey all......I'm a newbie here and look forward to spirited and learned conversation with everyone!

I just learned, very early this morning, about Gobekli Tepe and wonder if anyone else has insights to this remarkable find?  

www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeolo...

iama: Welcome, sam!

Here is an article from the Creation Ministries International web site:

How does Göbekli Tepe fit with biblical history?

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 3:19PM #18
Namchuck

One can largely dismiss 'Biblical History' in regard to Gobekli Tepe. 

A huge amount of history transpired both before and after the Bible was composed which it didn't have the foggiest notion about.

On the other hand, Gobekli Tepe provides a significant insight into how normative human brain function can be so easily hijacked.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook